2013 Elections in Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:21:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2013 Elections in Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2013 Elections in Germany  (Read 273325 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »

I know they won't join a red-green coalition, but surely Linke could be convinced to give red-green confidence and supply, right?
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »

Here's something interesting from that poll, via the Twitter account https://twitter.com/electionista:

Germany FGW/ZDF poll - preferred Chancellor among Linke voters: Merkel 41%, Steinbrück 27%
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »

Few people know that for a long time, Hesse was the SPD stronghold in the whole of Western Germany, at times when even North-Rhine-Westphalia was still CDU-dominated. To some extent, this tendency has survived until today. In particular, compared to other states, the Hesse SPD is relatively strong in some rural areas.

Now, the 23% result was a consequence of the Ypsilanti scandal and the general federal trend in 2009. Since Schäfer-Gümbel has set things straight inside the party, I'd certainly expect a stronger result this time. 33% however would be huge. In the nationwide polls, the SPD is (again) where it started, around 23%. So, to really achieve 33%, the Hesse SPD would have to get almost 50% more votes than Steinbrück and the national party. This is hardly believable, especially considering that state and federal election will take place on the same day.

I feel like that says more about how low the federal SDP has sunk instead of how much the state party has improved.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies