SB 106-15: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Amendments Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:29:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 106-15: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Amendments Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: SB 106-15: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Amendments Act (Passed)  (Read 4509 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2021, 02:57:35 AM »

Incredibly disappointing and disgraceful

With the tied Senate convening in a couple weeks, I suspect a full repeal is not far away, and there's not much that can be done federally on this issue right now. Instead we should continue to fight to defend and strengthen the active gun laws in Lincoln and Fremont, and look for any avenue to success in The South.
I Wulfric-proofed the South!

Literally no one cares, literally no one.
Why did you respond to me?

The better question is "why did you respond to respond to Wulfric?"
He thinks he can influence policy in my region. I have to get the true narrative out for all to know.
You would be banned from this game if there was any justice in the world.
COPE

And the criminal continues to deny his crimes, more breaking news coming up at 11.
Glorious Notorious LT lives free in the heads of annoying Laborite children so much that the most debated piece of legislation in a really long time is none other than the LT Resolution (glorious name but awful contents)!

You know, don't doxx people if you don't want people to hate your guts. It's very simple.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2021, 03:00:09 AM »

With the tied Senate convening in a couple weeks, I suspect a full repeal is not far away, and there's not much that can be done federally on this issue right now. Instead we should continue to fight to defend and strengthen the active gun laws in Lincoln and Fremont, and look for any avenue to success in The South.

He thinks he can influence policy in my region. I have to get the true narrative out for all to know.
COPE

And the criminal continues to deny his crimes, more breaking news coming up at 11.
Glorious Notorious LT lives free in the heads of annoying Laborite children so much that the most debated piece of legislation in a really long time is none other than the LT Resolution (glorious name but awful contents)!

You know, don't doxx people if you don't want people to hate your guts. It's very simple.
People love me because they trust and respect me. I don't debase myself like you do every time you post.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2021, 03:38:00 AM »

COPE

People love me because they trust and respect me. I don't debase myself like you do every time you post.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2021, 03:49:49 AM »

Few things are more ironic than an Australian siding with the gun fetishists. Even Tony Abbott supports Australia's strict gun laws.

&...
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2021, 01:22:22 PM »

So the Vice President has informed me that the original AWB apparently bans types of semi-automatics but not fully-automatics. The people who wrote the ban and continue to champion it really don't know how guns work. And, I don't own guns myself, so I plead ignorance as well, but this is just more evidence that the people who wrote and passed that law do not understand what it is they were trying to ban. This hamfisted law should be repealed; it doesn't even make sense!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2021, 08:07:57 PM »

Few things are more ironic than an Australian siding with the gun fetishists. Even Tony Abbott supports Australia's strict gun laws.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't on the side of common sense.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2021, 08:59:47 PM »

So the Vice President has informed me that the original AWB apparently bans types of semi-automatics but not fully-automatics. The people who wrote the ban and continue to champion it really don't know how guns work. And, I don't own guns myself, so I plead ignorance as well, but this is just more evidence that the people who wrote and passed that law do not understand what it is they were trying to ban. This hamfisted law should be repealed; it doesn't even make sense!

From what I was told, automatic weapons are already heavily regulated (they literally require personal approval of the US Attorney General to own). As for these semi-automatics, they are military-grade weapons, that are not heavily regulated at all. Also lifting the ban and not replacing it with anything is simply not an option. You need some form of very stringent licensing to be able to do such a thing, also you need to be able to track these firearms, so that you don't end up with people selling legal guns on an illegal market, the licensing could also track these guns, if used in a crime, back to the original owner. Not just this, but they could then be charged with a crime and this may indeed discourage selling formerly legal guns in illegal ways.

Lol, the Franco apologist lecturing people on what "common sense" is. Anyways yes military-grade weapons being completely unregulated is not common sense.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2021, 09:29:04 PM »

From what I was told, automatic weapons are already heavily regulated (they literally require personal approval of the US Attorney General to own). As for these semi-automatics, they are military-grade weapons, that are not heavily regulated at all. Also lifting the ban and not replacing it with anything is simply not an option. You need some form of very stringent licensing to be able to do such a thing, also you need to be able to track these firearms, so that you don't end up with people selling legal guns on an illegal market, the licensing could also track these guns, if used in a crime, back to the original owner. Not just this, but they could then be charged with a crime and this may indeed discourage selling formerly legal guns in illegal ways.

Lol, the Franco apologist lecturing people on what "common sense" is. Anyways yes military-grade weapons being completely unregulated is not common sense.

Thankfully in atlasia it is much easier to own a machine gun than irl after the "Lets Try This Act" and "revenue enhancement act" passed a few years ago. No AG approval required and even new machine guns can be owned. It is hilarious that machine guns are easier to own in game than .22 pistols. Just shows what happens when rights hating children and foreigners write policy out of ignorance.

Yes Atlasia, it is currently legal to own machine guns but illegal to own .22 pistols that accept mags. Once this bill passes it will be legal to own AR pistols (which Biden is trying to ban) but not AR Rifles (which Biden is not trying to ban). I think its time to repeal this entire embarrassment of a law and strike a blow for civil liberties and criminal reform and against ignorant fear mongering and dumb policy making. The Atlasian Assault weapon ban is to gun policy what a Jesse Helms written bill would be to AIDS policy.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2021, 09:31:34 PM »

Thankfully in atlasia it is much easier to own a machine gun than irl after the "Lets Try This Act" and "revenue enhancement act" passed a few years ago. No AG approval required and even new machine guns can be owned. It is hilarious that machine guns are easier to own in game than .22 pistols. Just shows what happens when rights hating children and foreigners write policy out of ignorance.

Yes Atlasia, it is currently legal to own machine guns but illegal to own .22 pistols that accept mags. Once this bill passes it will be legal to own AR pistols (which Biden is trying to ban) but not AR Rifles (which Biden is not trying to ban). I think its time to repeal this entire embarrassment of a law and strike a blow for civil liberties and criminal reform and against ignorant fear mongering and dumb policy making. The Atlasian Assault weapon ban is to gun policy what a Jesse Helms written bill would be to AIDS policy.

Ah the 1/6 apologist strikes again, sorry kid, but I don't care. Anyways, I'm totally unsurprised by this given that the Atlasian right has never been mainstream, shown by their willingness to work with the Patriot Party, and that mask has long been off. I guess you're just here to advertise it wide in the open.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2021, 09:35:41 PM »

S019, I am perfectly willing to agree that this bill is common sense. I would also appreciate a more creative epithet, maybe “rioting apologist” or “unpatriotic foreign agent” or something of the sort, and I’ll do my best to let the appropriate authorities know so they can make a small financial transfer of fifty cents to you in exchange.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »

bans only increase the likelihood of illegal firearm sales. you forget how many gun owners exist and the fact that we have land borders. tell us again how well the war on drugs worked out.

Lol, the Franco apologist lecturing people on what "common sense" is.

cry more
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2021, 09:46:54 PM »

S019, I am perfectly willing to agree that this bill is common sense. I would also appreciate a more creative epithet, maybe “rioting apologist” or “unpatriotic foreign agent” or something of the sort, and I’ll do my best to let the appropriate authorities know so they can make a small financial transfer of fifty cents to you in exchange.

To be clear, I am being deliberately hostile because I am not going to take lectures on "common sense" from nutjob libertarians and Francoists. Someone who unironically calls themselves a "reactionary" is not worthy of a serious response.

bans only increase the likelihood of illegal firearm sales. you forget how many gun owners exist and the fact that we have land borders. tell us again how well the war on drugs worked out.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said they should be licensed so that they can be tracked, or maybe you failed reading comprehension, I'm not sure which.

Lol, the Franco apologist lecturing people on what "common sense" is.

cry more

Don't cut yourself on that edge.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2021, 09:54:27 PM »

I may not be an officer here anymore, but can we at least have some decorum in this chamber and not namecall and accuse others of supporting an attempted coup or use similar innuendo because we disagree with them?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2021, 10:02:42 PM »

I may not be an officer here anymore, but can we at least have some decorum in this chamber and not namecall and accuse others of supporting an attempted coup or use similar innuendo because we disagree with them?

Lol. Him accusing me of 1/6 support is pretty pathetic since im all for those rioters going to jail too. I think hes just cranky since its past his bedtime.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2021, 10:04:16 PM »

Every attack that I've used in this thread comes from an actual post or posts that the poster in question made on Atlas. Regardless, I am probably just giving them what they want by responding aggressively to them, so I'll stop. Though I will note these two in particular have hated me particularly for two years.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »

As Deputy PPT, I urge that there be a modicum of order and respect in this chamber, and I ask that we refrain from blatant personal attacks. Let’s have a spirited, but civil debate here.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2021, 10:13:06 PM »

Anyway, this bill was the bare minimum and the ultimate compromise. The Senator from New Jersey should save his energy for when full repeal is brought to the floor.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »

Every attack that I've used in this thread comes from an actual post or posts that the poster in question made on Atlas. Regardless, I am probably just giving them what they want by responding aggressively to them, so I'll stop. Though I will note these two in particular have hated me particularly for two years.

I don't hate anyone, actually.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2021, 10:15:27 PM »

If there is a loophole allowing access to fully automatics, the right thing to do would be to add content to the bill closing said loophole. Not repealing the whole thing and thus massively increasing school shootings.

I urge the outgoing and incoming senate to go against conventional wisdom and soundly defeat the upcoming full repeal. Our children are counting on you.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2021, 10:16:00 PM »

^lol
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2021, 10:21:58 PM »

Lol. Him accusing me of 1/6 support is pretty pathetic since im all for those rioters going to jail too. I think hes just cranky since its past his bedtime.

Last thing I'm going to say here, but do you stand by your posts here?: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470711.msg8345765#msg8345765

Here's another one: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470500.msg8341953#msg8341953
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »

If there is a loophole allowing access to fully automatics, the right thing to do would be to add content to the bill closing said loophole. Not repealing the whole thing and thus massively increasing school shootings.

I urge the outgoing and incoming senate to go against conventional wisdom and soundly defeat the upcoming full repeal. Our children are counting on you.

If this "loophole" has existed for years wouldnt an uptick in school shootings have been apparent in game by now? Hell, when I was GM and scored the costs of a buyback of machine guns and AR15s I clearly identified that legal machine gun ownership had increased (largely due to movie companies replacing outdated stock). Pericles cowrote the first bill that temporarily relegalized machine guns and im pretty sure a majority labor legislature including Prez Griffin passed the permanent extension. Freedom has been bipartisan in Atlasia.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2021, 10:26:33 PM »

Last thing I'm going to say here, but do you stand by your posts here?: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470711.msg8345765#msg8345765

Here's another one: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=470500.msg8341953#msg8341953

Yes I stand by both posts in which I refer to 1/6 as a riot (which is a serious crime).
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »

wtf
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2021, 10:54:21 PM »

S019 supports mandatory minimums and regressive taxes. Clear common sense to kill the poor and black people
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies