Would Trump refuse to concede? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:28:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would Trump refuse to concede? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Trump refuse to concede?  (Read 2008 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: July 29, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »

I think the better question is, "Is the threshold for Donald Trump to concede, based on the closeness of the election outcome, higher than that of traditional candidates?"  Gore wasn't about to concede when less than 1000 votes separated him from Bush in Florida.  Nor should he have.  But when does Trump concede?  A 10,000 vote margin in a deciding state?  20,000?  50,000?

"I won Ohio.  Believe me, I won.  The exit polls prove I won.  There were crooked dealings, voter fraud, and miscounted votes, and I'm not giving up until we have answers."  
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »

Even if he doesn't, it makes no difference. People never understand that a concession is not required for an election to be certified. He won't concede no matter how much he loses by, because he's not sane enough to do it.

Probably.  He has a reputation (and an ego) to maintain.  If he can "claim victory," he will.  No, it has no bearing on Clinton's swearing in, but he will go on insisting that he won the 2016 election until the day he dies.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »

Even if he doesn't, it makes no difference. People never understand that a concession is not required for an election to be certified. He won't concede no matter how much he loses by, because he's not sane enough to do it.

Probably.  He has a reputation (and an ego) to maintain.  If he can "claim victory," he will.  No, it has no bearing on Clinton's swearing in, but he will go on insisting that he won the 2016 election until the day he dies.
So he'll be like Al Gore minus the hunt for manbearpig and the rape allegations?

And minus having the Supreme Court, on a 5-4 vote, intervene and halt a recount that could have gone his way.  And minus not actually claiming he won once SCOTUS made its decision.  And probably minus having won the popular vote.  Plus the rape allegations and the hunt for Obama's "real" birth certificate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies