Rice Says She Wasn't Woodward's Leak Source (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rice Says She Wasn't Woodward's Leak Source (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rice Says She Wasn't Woodward's Leak Source  (Read 702 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« on: November 20, 2005, 01:46:09 PM »

November 20, 2005
Rice Says She Wasn't Woodward's Leak Source
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is not the source who told Bob Woodward of The Washington Post in June 2003 that the wife of the former diplomat Joseph C. Wilson IV worked at the C.I.A., the State Department spokesman said on Saturday.

Ms. Rice, who was traveling in Asia with President Bush, said that she was not Mr. Woodward's source, the spokesman, Sean McCormack, said. Ms. Rice was responding to an article about the C.I.A. leak case in The New York Times on Saturday saying that she had been one of a handful of officials who had declined to comment on the case.

Earlier in the week, Mr. Woodward disclosed that a confidential source told him in June 2003 that Mr. Wilson's wife worked at the Central Intelligence Agency and that he had given sworn testimony on Monday to a grand jury investigating the leak. Afterward, more than a dozen top Bush administration officials directly or indirectly denied telling Mr. Woodward of Ms. Wilson's role.

The special prosecutor, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, last month indicted I. Lewis Libby Jr., the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, on perjury and other charges related to the disclosure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies