California Republican took $2.4 million in bribes to steer defense contracts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:19:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California Republican took $2.4 million in bribes to steer defense contracts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California Republican took $2.4 million in bribes to steer defense contracts  (Read 3408 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: November 28, 2005, 09:23:38 PM »

Piece of advice - don't pretend that the Democrats are squeaky clean.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »

Piece of advice - don't pretend that the Democrats are squeaky clean.

OK, but they're a gazillon times better. Lied about a blow job? Who cares?

No, I meant don't pretend that none of them take bribes and whatnot.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:39:20 PM »

No, I meant don't pretend that none of them take bribes and whatnot.

There's no evidence of charges against any Democrats taking bribes. Hell, there's no reason to bribe a Democrat since none of them have any power.

Seeing as htmldon has shown an example of Democrats being involved with bribery, I'll go no further on that other than saying that at the federal level Democrats are, admittedly, currently less likely to be bribed simply because they are not in power(still likely happens though) - but this is pretty much due to lack of opportunity, nothing else. The Democrats in federal office, like most people who got that far, are pretty much career politicians - politicians in general tend to be corrupt to some degree or another, and this crosses all party lines.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, I'm trying to be fair and balanced - I despise the partisan blindness of people like jfern which lacks clear, rational thought. They believe the other side is completely vile and corrupt, and that their own side is completely clean and can do no wrong. Any rational person can tell this is not the case. Hell, while my own party is mostly clean(partially due to being small and not in power), I do know there have been incidents of corruption in it. And you'll note that nowhere have I apologized for the actions of any Republicans - I know a good number of their officials are corrupt. As I said, that's politics. However, unlike jfern and now you it seems, I don't live in a fantasy land where the Democrats are a shining example of principled people who can do no wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies