The official Oldiesfreak thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:45:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31525 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:14 AM »

I'm starting this to cut down on the clutter in the Deluge and other places. Discuss anything and everything related to infamous forum denizen Oldiesfreak1854 here.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »

Of course, Phil, the northeastern republican, is only non-racist one here.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »

One of the most massive HPs ever to set foot in Congress.  A bad comedian, a potty mouth, and an election thief who honestly is too extreme to be taken seriously in politics.  And ironically, he is also one of the lying liars who tells lies that he's so fond of putting down.

Is this Oldiesfreak?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »

FTR, this was my idea, I posted it in the IRC and Snowstalker stole it Tongue
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »

But I had the good taste not to. The conversation on irc went something like this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:53 PM »

The problem is that is not at all funny. (OK the video alone sort of is but it's presence in this thread has no relevance and doesn't make any more funny. It'd be like me posting this again.)

It's the "Oldies is black" meme.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »

The problem is that is not at all funny. (OK the video alone sort of is but it's presence in this thread has no relevance and doesn't make any more funny. It'd be like me posting this again.)

It's the "Oldies is black" meme.

Well of course. It just doesn't particularly work here. The video I posted above also had some relevance to who I was posting it too but that didn't make it any less stupid (You weren't on the forum when that was going on.)

Yeah, if I was going to post it I'd do it at a relevant time. You can blame Snowstalker for posting it within two seconds of when I linked it on irc.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

I am not stupid.  I've spent three semesters in colleges, and I had a 4.0 GPA in two of them.

I bow down to your clear intellectual superiority, sir.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »

Q7. Generally speaking, who do you trust more to create jobs: Republicans in Congress, or President Obama?

Republicans in Congress 53%
President Obama 35%
Not sure 12%

lol arkansas
A lot of people in arkansas republicans in the south really hate obama.  I remember bring up his name and they asked me why am I talking about a N word Muslim.  That is horrible

fixed

Will you please cut out the anti-Southern bigotry?

xD

Anyway,

I voted Vitter, but I'm really not sure.  I feel like the South needs some Democratic governors, though. Wink
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »

I am dead-set against legalizing marijuana, especially because I lost a cousin from a heroin addiction.

Because marijuana directly leads to heroin.
No, not directly, but it can.

My cousin who died from heroin addiction said that marijuana was a gateway drug (granted, he never used it, but as someone who was a drug addict, he should've known something about it.)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »

Oldiesfreak has his own thread, put that quote there.

I read a book once that mentioned how Ronald McDonald has been portrayed as a "basketball-playing hipster" in some McDonald's advertising, and ever since I have associated the term "hipster" with Ronald McDonald, who has creeped me out ever since I was a young child.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »

A little bit.  It's an awesome show, especially since many of the same people who worked on it also worked on MLAATR.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.in school textbooks.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.

Okay, fixed.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »

Context:

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »

I don't know much of any place in America where being black isn't OK.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies