Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:41:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resist The Authoritarian Response To The Coronavirus  (Read 16119 times)
MAPZZ
Rookie
« on: July 28, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »

The fact that everyone is OK with what protesters have been doing in the streets.

The proper cost to public officials that have said nothing (or even condoned) the protesting in the streets should be a total loss of credibility on the COVID-19 issue.  They don't deserve credibility; not with such a nakedly political double standard.  Honestly, how dare they lecture law-abiding people on this when they said nothing about the coronavirus to the Mobs in the streets?

Well, I'm not okay with it. And even if I was okay with protesters breaking quarantine to loot and virtue-signal, that wouldn't matter. What's done is done. Playing with whataboutisms is just about the lamest possible argument you could put forth right now. You are way too hung up on the culture war. The pandemic is not related to your personal political vendettas in the slightest.

So I should just shut up and accept the hypocrisy and injustice?  Is that what you're saying?

People who maintain America are lectured to.  People who have attempted to destroy our cities are given not just empathy, but praise.  "Peaceful Protesters" (who are not the bulk of people in the streets) that have been disregarding all pandemic protocols to virtue signal get to spread the virus with impunity and are praised as "courageous" by public officials.  And law abiding churchgoers are told they can't do what lawbreaking and quarantine-breaking protesters and rioters are praised for.

Why should I just sit here and take that?  Really, why?  Because it's for the greater good?

If Trump is reelected, I will note that, in no small part, our leaders chose to sing the virtue of criminals in the streets while lying about their actual behavior, while lambasting people who are pulling their weight (or being prevented from doing so due to pandemic ridiculousness) and obeying the law.  They chose to enforce quarantines on law-abiding citizens, but not on criminal rioters.

My contempt for the protester grows with every measure taken against law abiding citizens that they have been excused from.
[/quote]

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies