Darthebearnc for Southern Governor!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:07:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would I get your vote?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Darthebearnc for Southern Governor!  (Read 696 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »

Co-Speaker of the Southern Legislator darthebearnc addresses a crowd of well-wishers at a campaign rally in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Hello, all!

As most of you know, my name is Darthebearnc, and I am currently serving as the Co-Speaker of the Southern Legislature, having been in office since May 2015. Through my time in the Legislature, I have fought valiantly for the rights and freedoms of all Southerners, introducing and supporting a variety of legislation that improves the quality of life for everyone in the South. I encourage all interested voters to take a look at my Legislature portfolio in the 'Regional Government' section in order to get a better idea of my experience as a legislator.

Recently, I have decided to throw my hat in the ring for Southern Governor. I believe that I, as an experienced legislator and member of the forum, will best be able to understand and carry out the interests of all Southern citizens. As Governor, I will, to the best of my ability, support a variety of new bills and programs in the South, including legislation that will help fight poverty, increase adoption rates, and increase the civil liberties of all Southern citizens. In today's hyper-partisan political environment, I assure all voters that I will support and enact as much multi-partisan legislation as possible, and will try, to the best of my ability, to unite all political factions of the South in a unified fight for a better Atlasia.

Because that's what our region and our nation need above all in today's political environment - unity. Nobody can doubt that Atlasia is currently going through a political crisis, and I doubt I could find anyone out there who believes that the crisis can be solved without unity. It's time to throw our partisan leanings aside and realize that political identity is no longer an important part of this game - if we fail to recognize that unity is the absolutely necessary factor in resurrecting Atlasia, our nation will be no more.

That's why I decided to get into this race - for unity. As Governor, I will focus the vast majority of my time on trying to rebuild our fallen game by actively introducing and supporting measures to call for a Constitutional Convention, increasing Atlasian activity by reminding forum members, new and old, that there's still hope for a brighter future, and most of all, working as hard as I can to unite all political factions found within our faltering nation to call, together and united, for actual change to occur.

The last few months have seen myriad talk of change in Atlasia, whether through a Constitutional Convention, regional consolidation, or rebooting the game as a whole. But nothing is getting done. If elected governor, I will change this - no longer will we be anxiously waiting for actual change to occur, but we will be executing the actual change that will make Atlasia great again.

Thanks,
darthebearnc

P.S. Please feel free to post with any comments, questions, or concerns. Thanks! Cheesy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 06:59:03 PM »

You won't be getting my vote (Northeasterner; normal)!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »

Obviously endorsed.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:25:32 AM »

I don't think I'll be voting for you (I mostly agree with the other guy running), but good luck anyways!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »

I don't think I'll be voting for you (I mostly agree with the other guy running), but good luck anyways!

LOL
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »

It's heartening to see two competent candidates on the ballot for once. Endorsed - you'll make an excellent governor and representative of The Party!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »

Thank you for the endorsements, Harry and Flo! They mean a lot! Cheesy
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »

You have my citizens endorsement. GL!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 07:49:33 PM »

The election is tomorrow!

Everyone, make sure to go out and vote! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »

You have my citizens endorsement. GL!

Thanks!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »

A Message from darthebearnc

Alright, guys! The election is almost here, and it's time to get out the vote!

First of all, I'd like to thank Leinad for a great race. It's nice having a respectful, decent opponent who knows what he's doing.

Before you cast your ballots, I'd like to issue one final reminder.

In today's day and age, we have to admit that partisan politics are no longer that relevant. Atlasia has bigger issues at hand, and spending all of our time participating in partisan hackery won't get us anywhere. Instead, we need to focus solely upon rebuilding Atlasia and restoring it to its former glory.

If elected, I'll do everything within my power to start a Con-Con, consolidate the regions, and boost member activity. These aren't empty promises - seriously, I've already started a vote in the Legislature for the Con-Con amendment and if elected, I will make sure the South appoints a delegate to the convention who supports necessary reforms to our nation and advocates for the preservation of the South as a region. Rather than voting based solely off of party membership, I encourage all citizens of the south to take a real look at what changes they want for our nation and vote based off of how they think those changes should go about being made.

Thanks! Cheesy

- darthebearnc
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies