Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:09:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why did Putin invade Ukraine? It's not what you think.  (Read 2671 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 23, 2023, 11:32:00 PM »

I don’t really understand why people are fighting when both things can be true simultaneously. Like, I don’t get why people insist in treating this as a black or white geopolitical situation like they were in a Marvel movie.

A) Russia is an expansionist and military power which has the mindset that respect is conquered through wars and land grabbing.

B) Russia has been marginalized after the collapse of Soviet Union. It had a brief attempt towards liberalism and was still humiliated by the West, never treated as part of the same club.

Combine those two things and you have the current scenario. If someone wanted to provoke a psychopath, the psycho will stay being a psycho, but can you say the person who provoked a reaction out of them was all that innocent? Course not.

1. Maybe Russia should stop being so awful then.
2. Ukraine did nothing to "provoke" Russia.

And I know you're going to respond with blah blah global south blah blah third world blah, but maybe the "global south" should simply stop sucking so bad.

blah blah blah blah blah global south blah

Called it!

Your own president met with Zelensky very recently. Maybe you could learn something from that.
The hilarious thing about his "global south" blather is the one poster who takes it seriously is Tim Turner and multiple other posters also from the "global south" have said that he's full of sh!t.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies