U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:06:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U.N. Passes Resolution Against Israel Settlements, U.S. Abstains  (Read 11361 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »

A lot of hypocrisy here. Left-wingers who are pro-immigration complaining about Grand Replacement. Right-wingers who are anti-immigration buoyant about building a multi-cultural society in the West-bank of all places. Behind the legal and rational arguments lies only raw tribalism adopted from their various political camps. Befitting of the region.

We all know the legal shadiness of the settlements. Israel is punished enough by having to live in constant paranoia, which they have brought upon themselves. A massive security dilemma for a society with the far right dog whistlers in power to make you feel extra safe. I just hope Europe doesn't succumb to islamist terror the same way.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »

How does a strong/weak Israel strengthen or weaken my Jewish friend who has full tattoo sleeves and is posting about Christmas gifts on Facebook this morning? Don't see how Israel impacts her livelihood in Columbia Heights, MN.

See, when some pissant sociopath on the right or left gains power and decides that she needs to die because of what her genetic code says, the fact that there's a country of pissed-off Jews with nuclear weapons may just make said pissant sociopath think twice.

And that's an actual possibility in the US?

According to a whole lot of people this year, absolutely. And it certainly was in 1996.

I'm skeptical. However, I'm not only concerned about the US. I very much like the same deterrent existing for Europe.

Would be quite hard to use in Europe, I doubt the non-fascist neighbours would like having to deal with nuclear fallout on their territories,

Then they should probably take care of their genocidal Jew-hating neighbor before Israel has to.

That's the thing - Israel's nuclear weapons may not be an actual practical option in many situations, but what they are is a massive game-changer in terms of balance of power. The world is now forced to care what happens to the Jews, because Israel compels them to by the presence of that threat.

Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons to make sure foreign Jews are protected. It has them to ensure nobody ever engages in conventional war with Israel in the near future. You don't seriously think Netanyahu 1/ cares about Jews that won't even vote for him 2/ use nuclear weapons as leverage to protect them?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies