Official GOP Gloating Thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:38:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official GOP Gloating Thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official GOP Gloating Thread.  (Read 2446 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: November 05, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

The part of the election last night I feel the most happy about is actually NY State Senate race along with the NY Governor race.  Even though Astorino lost he was able to get over 40%, he did well in upstate NY and I feel his performance was able to lift the GOP to a majority in the NY State Senate 32-31.  I like Cuomo so I am happy for him to win and what gives me great pleasure is that De Blasio failed in his stated goal of getting a NY State Senate D majority.  What is even more fun is the perception that Cuomo did nothing to get such a NY State Senate D majority contrary to his promises to the WFP.  So Cuomo wins but faces rebellion on his left within his own party and will working hand-in-hand with the GOP Senate to push his agenda.  So Cuomo winning is better than Astorino winning.  I get the policies I want and if anything goes wrong it will still be Cuomo and the Dems that get the blame since he is on paper in charge.  It will be heads I win and tails Dem lose.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »

I am disappointed that some good opportunities to beat the Dem got away.  Like CT RI CO VT and even NH governor races along with NH and VA Senate race.  VA hurts especially since just like 2013 it was a Libertarian candidate that took down the GOP candidate AND the GOP failed in invest in a race that was in retrospect quite winnable.     
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies