How many Trump voters actually believe that being white entitles them to success (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:09:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How many Trump voters actually believe that being white entitles them to success (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many Trump voters actually believe that being white entitles them to success  (Read 2700 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »

Either consciously or unconsciously? Something I (a McMullin voter) felt after the election about (a lot, not all) Trump supporters who have hijacked the Republican party:

A lot of them are white men from the damn north states like Ohio and Michigan, who are bitter because daddy and granddaddy's job doesn't exist anymore and will never ever come back, because the policies they loved so much in those damn north states have killed whatever remained of their job that hasn't been taken by technology, and the jobs moved south to the Old Confederacy, but instead of:

A. Getting retrained and and getting a better job
B. Moving to the south and trying to get back their old job
Or
C. Biting the bullet and getting a job at McDonalds or Radioshack that doesn't pay $50000000(hyperbole) an hour like they were apparently used to

they decided to go on food stamps, welfare, complain about the "elite" and minorities, while not realizing that now the "elite" are the ones paying their bills, and they turned it into a lifestyle where they just complain on and on about how their problems are everyone's fault but their own.

Is this accurate in any way or not?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:11:26 AM »

Not many. Trump won because voters in those "damn North states", as you put it, were fed up with the crony-capitalist collusion of big-government and big-business. As government grows and regulations/red tape increases, big-business flourishes because large corporations have armies of lawyers and lobbyists to fight on their behalf and make sure they're able to successfully manage the costs of bigger government. In the meantime, small businesses, around which many communities are built, are strangled. That leads to poverty, unemployment, and growing economic resentment.

That cozy relationship between corporations and government, which stacks the deck against the average American, pissed them off, and rightfully so. They voted for the man who promised to change things. These people that you insult, don't want a hand-out or special entitlements to success; they just want a level, fair economic playing field.

why doesn't "the average American" try to better their situation like they could? why would they rather complain than try?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »

I don't want to sound like a literal trot, but the NYTR would conclude that wouldn't they? It's in their interests (as a mouthpiece of the elite) to disorient and sectarianise the working-class.

Except for the part where they ran a story about factory closure that was incredibly sympathetic to the working class.

The media always sympathize with the working class for some stupid reason. They talk about factory closing, housing prices, the tactics of "evil" banks, and other crap that makes the working class feel like they're oppressed and have no way out.

I'd assume that it's probably because the media consists of a lot of communists, and they want to drive this "poor vs. rich" sorta struggle.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

I don't want to sound like a literal trot, but the NYTR would conclude that wouldn't they? It's in their interests (as a mouthpiece of the elite) to disorient and sectarianise the working-class.

Except for the part where they ran a story about factory closure that was incredibly sympathetic to the working class.

The media always sympathize with the working class for some stupid reason. They talk about factory closing, housing prices, the tactics of "evil" banks, and other crap that makes the working class feel like they're oppressed and have no way out.

I'd assume that it's probably because the media consists of a lot of communists, and they want to drive this "poor vs. rich" sorta struggle.

Who are you, Joe McCarthy?

Not literally, but I see how you could make an argument that I'm the reincarnation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies