Official Petition to Call a Constitutional Convention (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:03:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Petition to Call a Constitutional Convention (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Petition to Call a Constitutional Convention  (Read 6339 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: May 18, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »

I oppose this idea and fully agree with Yankee's above post. Con Cons in the past haven't been especially interesting. Alas.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:04 PM »

I oppose this idea and fully agree with Yankee's above post. Con Cons in the past haven't been especially interesting. Alas.

This is the opportunity to actually change this into something that is more interesting. So, because previous efforts weren't interesting, we should just deal with the game as it is. A permanent stagnate pool of transitory players who debate minor issues and amend old legislation for as long as we can make it exist?

I believe it's essential we have a ConCon and yes a complete restart. We preserve the history and start a new story.

Do you think for a second there's a chance of broad agreement on what a complete restart would consist of?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

This is the opportunity to actually change this into something that is more interesting. So, because previous efforts weren't interesting, we should just deal with the game as it is. A permanent stagnate pool of transitory players who debate minor issues and amend old legislation for as long as we can make it exist?

I believe it's essential we have a ConCon and yes a complete restart. We preserve the history and start a new story.

Do you think for a second there's a chance of broad agreement on what a complete restart would consist of?

I'm not saying I would get my way. But anything is better than this.

The thing is that I've literally seen this movie before. The Purple State ConCon was important, necessary and useful, but it fell far short of the massive reformation of the game that people expected. I expect this one, if it happens, may end up consolidating some laws and neatening up the wiki, but don't expect any radical changes, if only for the reason that most players are American and want to be President or Senator.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies