SCOTUS nominee expected as early as this morning EDIT: looks like it's Garland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:52:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS nominee expected as early as this morning EDIT: looks like it's Garland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SCOTUS nominee expected as early as this morning EDIT: looks like it's Garland  (Read 14217 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: March 16, 2016, 08:55:27 AM »

Dems win by either winning confirmation of if not, GOP SENATE is history

Not if GOP retains senate and win presidency.

Or if aliens attack and destroy our planet, which seems to be a more plausible scenario.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 02:28:01 AM »

Garland seems to me a sacrificial lamb. He is a known quantity so it will be hard for the Republicans to make him a pinata, like Cornyn promised to do to any Obama nominee.
And even if Clinton wins and they decide in November to confirm him I'm not so sure that people like Cruz and Mike Lee are going to be willing to go along.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:58:32 AM »

Garland seems to me a sacrificial lamb. He is a known quantity so it will be hard for the Republicans to make him a pinata, like Cornyn promised to do to any Obama nominee.

And even if Clinton wins and they decide in November to confirm him I'm not so sure that people like Cruz and Mike Lee are going to be willing to go along.

But what is the alternative, should Clinton win and the GOP retain the Senate?  The Republicans continue to block any SCOTUS nominations from Democratic presidents forever?

If Clinton wins then she will have a Democratic senate.
Any other combination is unlikely. Not to mention that the people would have spoken and any further obstruction will look like outright partisan spite even to the most casual voter.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »

No . This guy has a horrible 2nd admin record.   They shouldn't entertain the ideal of even meeting with this left wing loon.

What's a second administration record?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies