Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:09:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 184193 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: July 02, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »

Thank you, Max - as long as it gets done by mid-August, I have no complaints.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #726 on: July 02, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »

I've asked Duke to introduce Max's Amendment in a Forum Affairs legislative slot we have open at the moment that is under the executive's control. Obviously, this won't be passed before the end of my term, but I can at least do you the favor of fast-tracking its consideration.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #727 on: July 17, 2013, 06:04:25 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am having to do this far too often, if you ask me.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »

The special election will be held July 26-28.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »

I am afraid to say anything for fear I will come on tomorrow to find another Senator has resigned.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

I am afraid to say anything for fear I will come on tomorrow to find another Senator has resigned.

This special election is, bizarrely, the responsibility of Gov. Sirnick under the Northeast's Senate Vacancy Act
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »

This special election is, bizarrely, the responsibility of Gov. Sirnick under the Northeast's Senate Vacancy Act

I thought it was weird too. Do you know how long the voting booth has to be open for?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »

I thought it was weird too. Do you know how long the voting booth has to be open for?

Nevermind. I found it.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeastern_Voting_Regulations

So, in theory, I could leave the voting booth open for a year.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »

That law is repealed.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #734 on: July 18, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »

Ya'll need to update the Wikipedia to make it more obvious which laws are current.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #735 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »

I wrote the law. I don't think the region can force duties upon the SoFE.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #736 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2013, 12:57:37 PM by homelycooking »

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Sample Ballot

This election is held in accordance with Article V of the Constitution and with the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act. The regular election begins at 0:00 EDT, Friday, July 26, and ends at 0:00 EDT, Monday, July 29.

DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE POST CONTAINING YOUR BALLOT IN ANY WAY AFTER 20 MINUTES OF ITS BEING POSTED OR YOUR VOTE WILL BE INVALIDATED

The act of campaigning within the election booth is strictly forbidden and will render void any votes made by those who campaign. The act of campaigning is considered to include, but is not limited to, strong attempts to compel others either to vote or not to vote for one or multiple candidates, or other related activities that could reasonably be construed as a direct attempt to influence how future voters cast their ballots. In other words, this is not a discussion thread. In short, the department will be taking a liberal interpreation of this, so Keep posts to votes only.

Place the numbers 1, 2, etc. in the space provided beside the candidates who you wish to vote for to designate your order of preference for these candidates.  If any other mark or attempt to order the candidates is made, the Department of Forum Affairs will make every effort to deduce voter intent from the content of the ballot, but the warning must be issued that failure to follow the above instructions may result in the invalidation of your ballot in the event of an inability to discern voter intent.  You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 15 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election. In other words, if your name appears on the Census list, you can presume you are eligible.  

In the event that you do not support any listed candidate or that you support one or many candidates that are not listed in addition to those that are, you may write in other candidates and include them in your list of preferences.  Space is provided for one such write-in, but as many can be listed as you wish.  In the event that you do not support any listed candidate, and do not wish to write in any candidate, you may place an X or a 1 beside "None of the above", and only beside "None of the above".  In the event that an X or a 1 appears beside "None of the above" on a ballot, all other marks or numbers will be ignored.  It is not permissible under current election law to vote for both "None of the above" and other candidates.

Note that voting begins at midnight and ends in exactly 72 hours.

Names of candidates follow in alphabetical order.

AT-LARGE SENATE (1 seat to fill)

[  ] Fuzzybigfoot of Washington
National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"

[  ] Maxwell of Oklahoma
Federalist Party

[  ] Polnut of Massachusetts
Labor Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #737 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »

Thank you for posting this ahead of time. JCL lost the Federalist Party's primary. I will have to bar him from running as a Federalist. Don't like doing it, but it's just the way it works.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #738 on: July 25, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2013, 12:57:18 PM by homelycooking »

Thank you for posting this ahead of time. JCL lost the Federalist Party's primary. I will have to bar him from running as a Federalist. Don't like doing it, but it's just the way it works.

If he does not pull out of the race, he will be listed as "unaffiliated". I've changed the ballot to show what that would look like.

Edit: Never mind, he has left the race.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2013, 11:05:41 PM »

Here is the final edition of my tracker. Polnut figures to have won the special election by about 10 votes, but the results will not be officially certified for another 24 hours or so.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and have a great night -

homely

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #740 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »

OFFICIAL RESULTS

AT-LARGE SENATE (1 vacancy)

FIRST BALLOT

POLNUT 53 (Politics Junkie, Snowguy, Napoleon, Averroes Nix, Frodo, Dr. Cynic, FloridianOranges, SawxDem, Fritz, MustCrushCapitalism, Badgate, Scott, Njall, Rejectamenta, ebowed, Snowstalker, NVGonzalez, TDAS04, Sirnick, Earthling, Cappucino, TNF, Zanas, Sir John Johns, Hawkeye, Nathan, a Person, DemPGH, bore, afleitch, EarlAW, benconstine, Oakvale, Polnut, Alfred F. Jones, BluegrassBlueVote, Smid, Solopop, Homely, Paul Kemp, Torie, opebo, Badger, Bacon King, Gustaf, Clinton96, Duke, MaxQue, morgieb, Gen. Mung Beans, Ogre Mage, Talleyrand, Gass)

MAXWELL 48 (Maxwell, Goldwater, Dallasfan, cinyc, sbane, shua, Lumine, Spiral, barfbag, Anton Kreitzer, wormyguy, DC al Fine, PiT, dead0man, Matt from VT, J. Enderman, Superique, Windjammer, Oldiesfreak, Hagrid, Grumps, TJ in Cleve, ElectionsGuy, Angus, SPC, Sanchez, Cathcon, cheesepizza, Dereich, JCL, Spamage, A-Bob, Rooney, Winfield, Goodwin45, Thomas D, Reaganfan, Inks, Siren, Poirot, NCYankee, ZuWo, NHI, RogueBeaver, Supersonic, Vosem, Jbrase, Jerry Arkansas)

FUZZYBIGFOOT 13 (Hashemite, Antonio V, Kalwejt, MilesC56, Velasco, Xahar, Fuzzybigfoot, Mechaman, drj101, Seatown, ilikeverin, Lief, Adam Griffin)

EXHAUSTED 1 (tmthforu)

INVALID 1 (Pingvin)

SECOND BALLOT

POLNUT 61 (Politics Junkie, Snowguy, Napoleon, Averroes Nix, Frodo, Dr. Cynic, FloridianOranges, SawxDem, Fritz, MustCrushCapitalism, Badgate, Scott, Njall, Rejectamenta, ebowed, Snowstalker, NVGonzalez, TDAS04, Sirnick, Earthling, Cappucino, TNF, Zanas, Sir John Johns, Hawkeye, Nathan, a Person, DemPGH, bore, afleitch, EarlAW, benconstine, Oakvale, Polnut, Alfred F. Jones, BluegrassBlueVote, Smid, Solopop, Homely, Paul Kemp, Torie, opebo, Badger, Bacon King, Gustaf, Clinton96, Duke, MaxQue, morgieb, Gen. Mung Beans, Ogre Mage, Talleyrand, Gass, Antonio V, Kalwejt, Velasco, Mechaman, drj101, Seatown, Lief, Adam Griffin)

MAXWELL 51 (Maxwell, Goldwater, Dallasfan, cinyc, sbane, shua, Lumine, Spiral, barfbag, Anton Kreitzer, wormyguy, DC al Fine, PiT, dead0man, Matt from VT, J. Enderman, Superique, Windjammer, Oldiesfreak, Hagrid, Grumps, TJ in Cleve, ElectionsGuy, Angus, SPC, Sanchez, Cathcon, cheesepizza, Dereich, JCL, Spamage, A-Bob, Rooney, Winfield, Goodwin45, Thomas D, Reaganfan, Inks, Siren, Poirot, NCYankee, ZuWo, NHI, RogueBeaver, Supersonic, Vosem, Jbrase, Jerry Arkansas, MilesC56, Fuzzybigfoot, ilikeverin)

EXHAUSTED 3 (tmthforu, Hashemite, Xahar)

INVALID 1 (Pingvin)

POLNUT is duly elected At-large Senator.

There was a total turnout of 116 votes, with 1 ballot paper being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #741 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »

Election maps please!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #742 on: July 30, 2013, 06:16:06 AM »

Mr. Secretary,

The Senate is currently debating the "Repeal of the Legitimize the Voting Act", and therefore I encourage you to engage in this debate regarding any concerns or issues you have as Secretary of Federal Elections.

Regards;
Sen. NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore.

For once it isn't about a vacancy. Wink
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #743 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2013, 07:31:52 AM by FloridianOranges »

First Round would look like this with Polnut winning NE and PA and Maxwell winning IDS, ME, and MW

FBF Actually beat Maxwell in PA by two votes, or 10% PA was 15% Maxwell, 25% FBF, 60% Polnut.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #744 on: July 30, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »

This would be the second round with Polnut making unbelievable gains in PA. He increases his lead in the NE and flips the IDS from blue to red. ME and MW get painted a darker shade of blue. The final vote in 10%'s is:

Pacific: 80%
Northeast: 60%

Mideast: 60%
Midwest: 50%

IDS: 50%
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #745 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »

First Round:

Pink are ties; "L = Labor, F = Federalist, N = NM-AM"
Oceania = Fed
Puerto Rico = Lab

Final Round:

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #746 on: July 30, 2013, 09:07:36 PM »

No states for me?  Sad
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #747 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »

I think you missed Maine.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #748 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:44 PM »

Look at West Virginia's different color.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #749 on: July 31, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »

Also, Hawaii. Tied in VT & LA, too. But...

I used homely's regional counts, which apparently didn't have you listed in Maine. There could be other errors. Crap. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies