Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 184189 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2013, 08:35:47 AM »

OFFICIAL RESULTS

AT-LARGE SENATE (election to fill vacancy)

GASS3268 39 (Mr. X, Alfred Jones, TNF, Talleyrand, Fritz, Bore, Hashemite, Njall, Averroes, 20RP12, DemPGH, Fuzzy, JulioMadrid, Snowguy, Morgieb, Hatman, Polnut, Badgate, Antonio V, Hawkeye, Lewis T, Homely, a Person, Badger, SawxDem, opebo, Snowstalker, Benconstine, Velasco, Seatown, Nathan, Maxque, Marokai, Duke, Ogre Mage, Zanas, Adam Griffin, Gass3268, Clinton96)

SUPERIQUE 18 (Maxwell, Matt from VT, Earthling, TDAS04, Grumps, Sir Nick, Supersonic, Thomas D, Superique, Napoleon, Sir John Johns, Scott, Windjammer, Kalwejt, Ebowed, NVGonzalez, OAM, Shua)

JERRYARKANSAS 17 (Jerryarkansas, Lumine, ZuWo, Inks, Dereich, Sjoyce, Spamage, Jbrase, Winfield, Goldwater, SPC, PiT, TJ in Cleve, Cathcon, NCYankee, JCL, tmthforu94)

XAHAR (write-in) 3 (drj101, Xahar, Mechaman)

INVALID 1 (Rooney)

GASS3268 is duly elected At-Large Senator.

There was a total turnout of 78 votes, with 1 ballot paper being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Sample Ballot

This election is held in accordance with Article V of the Constitution and with the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act. The regular election begins at 0:00 EDT, Friday, June 21, and ends at 0:00 EDT, Monday, June 24.

DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE POST CONTAINING YOUR BALLOT IN ANY WAY AFTER 20 MINUTES OF ITS BEING POSTED OR YOUR VOTE WILL BE INVALIDATED

The act of campaigning within the election booth is strictly forbidden and will render void any votes made by those who campaign. The act of campaigning is considered to include, but is not limited to, strong attempts to compel others either to vote or not to vote for one or multiple candidates, or other related activities that could reasonably be construed as a direct attempt to influence how future voters cast their ballots. In other words, this is not a discussion thread. In short, the department will be taking a liberal interpreation of this, so Keep posts to votes only.

Place the numbers 1, 2, etc. in the space provided beside the candidates who you wish to vote for to designate your order of preference for these candidates.  If any other mark or attempt to order the candidates is made, the Department of Forum Affairs will make every effort to deduce voter intent from the content of the ballot, but the warning must be issued that failure to follow the above instructions may result in the invalidation of your ballot in the event of an inability to discern voter intent.  You are an eligible voter in general if you were registered to vote on or before the proper date, and if you made 15 posts in any location within the Atlas Forum in the 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the regular election. In other words, if your name appears on the Census list, you can presume you are eligible.  

In the event that you do not support any listed candidate or that you support one or many candidates that are not listed in addition to those that are, you may write in other candidates and include them in your list of preferences.  Space is provided for one such write-in, but as many can be listed as you wish.  In the event that you do not support any listed candidate, and do not wish to write in any candidate, you may place an X or a 1 beside "None of the above", and only beside "None of the above".  In the event that an X or a 1 appears beside "None of the above" on a ballot, all other marks or numbers will be ignored.  It is not permissible under current election law to vote for both "None of the above" and other candidates.

Note that voting begins at midnight and ends in exactly 72 hours.

Names of candidates follow in alphabetical order.

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT

[  ] Averroės Nix of New York and DemPGH of Pennsylvania
Labor Party - Liberal Party

[  ] Matt from VT of New York and Maxwell of Kansas
Federalist Party

[  ] Xahar of California and Hashemite of Florida
National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

NORTHEAST SENATOR

[  ] Poirot of New York
Independent

[  ] Scott of New Hampshire
Light Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

MIDEAST SENATOR

[  ] JohanusCalvinusLibertas of Indiana
Independent

[  ] Siren of Virginia
Light Party

[  ] Talleyrand of Missouri
Labor Party

[  ] TJ in Cleve of Ohio
Federalist Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

IDS SENATOR

[  ] Hashemite of Florida
National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"

[  ] NCYankee of North Carolina
Federalist Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

MIDWEST SENATOR

[  ] Maxwell of Kansas
Federalist Party

[  ] TNF of Wyoming
Labor Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above

PACIFIC SENATOR

[  ] Politics Junkie of Oregon
Labor Party

[  ] Sbane of California
Liberal Party

-__________________

[  ] None of the above
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #702 on: June 22, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #703 on: June 22, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »

For your consideration as we reach the 50% turnout mark:

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #704 on: June 23, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »

My preliminary end-of-the-night count:

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #705 on: June 23, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »

Yep, that's what I thought. Darn.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #706 on: June 23, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #707 on: June 23, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »

tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #708 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:09 AM »

You didn't count my vote...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #709 on: June 24, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »

You were not registered - citizens fall off the rolls if they miss 3 consecutive Federal elections.

Out of curiosity: why was Polnut's vote for President ruled invalid? I realize that he posted in the regular voting booth, but no Senate absentee ballot was furnished (and I see his Senate ballot was valid).
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #710 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »

You were not registered - citizens fall off the rolls if they miss 3 consecutive Federal elections.

Out of curiosity: why was Polnut's vote for President ruled invalid? I realize that he posted in the regular voting booth, but no Senate absentee ballot was furnished (and I see his Senate ballot was valid).

It's because of this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's unfair to have to nullify Polnut's presidential ballot, but it is the only rule that guides my action in this circumstance.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #711 on: June 24, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »

I will certify the results tomorrow, as I will be absent for the rest of Monday.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #712 on: June 24, 2013, 04:57:03 PM »

The margin for each region is only three or four votes. Thats frazy.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #713 on: June 25, 2013, 01:01:47 AM »

Sorry that I didn't vote on absentee ballot. I have had Internet problems for the last couple weeks.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #714 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:56 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I notice that solopop's ballot was not deemed invalid in its entirety, as a literal reading of the vote instructions and, I think, the law in question would demand. (He wrote in a campaigning statement, but cast no vote, for President, and cast an ordinary vote for Senate.)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #715 on: June 25, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »

It is with great pleasure that I notice that solopop's ballot was not deemed invalid in its entirety, as a literal reading of the vote instructions and, I think, the law in question would demand. (He wrote in a campaigning statement, but cast no vote, for President, and cast an ordinary vote for Senate.)

I've learned not to even threaten to enforce that "campaigning in the voting booth" rule. When I do, I get more people campaigning in the voting booth, not less!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #716 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »

I've learned not to even threaten to enforce that "campaigning in the voting booth" rule. When I do, I get more people campaigning in the voting booth, not less!
Unlike writing stuff in for sh!ts and giggles which is a time-honored Atlasian tradition I will gladly die to defend, that vote was at least arguably (it's still not entirely clearcut, since he campaigned against all ballot-listed candidates rather than for or against one candidate) what the law is about.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #717 on: June 25, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »

Unlike writing stuff in for sh!ts and giggles which is a time-honored Atlasian tradition I will gladly die to defend, that vote was at least arguably (it's still not entirely clearcut, since he campaigned against all ballot-listed candidates rather than for or against one candidate) what the law is about.

That interpretation, I think, would also require me to invalidate any "all these candidates are great" ballots.

Therein is the problem: it's not entirely clearcut. In such cases where it's not absolutely clear that a rule or law has been violated, I am obligated to err on the side of counting the vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #718 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »

Good. I approve.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #719 on: June 25, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2013, 12:45:07 PM by homelycooking »

OFFICIAL RESULTS (part 1 of 2)

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT

FIRST BALLOT

MATT FROM VT and MAXWELL 57 (Maxwell, Dallasfan, IBDD, Lumine, Smid, dead0man, Hagrid, Winfield, bmotley, Jbrase, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Grumps, Windjammer, Matt from VT, opebo, Superique, Goldwater, cinyc, PiT, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Jack Enderman, Supersonic, TDAS04, Reaganfan, NHI, JCL, SPC, Inks, Freefair, Mattyman, Thomas D, John Dibble, Vosem, Oldiesfreak, NVGonzalez, Torie, Poirot, Spamage, Clarence, NCYankee, Rockefeller, Sanchez, TJ in Cleve, Dereich, Keystone Phil, Liberty Republican, MasterJedi, 9iron, sbane, bgwah)

AVERROĖS NIX and DEMPGH 47 (Scott, Sirnick, Benconstine, TNF, Alfred Jones, Fritz, Adam Griffin OAM, Ogre Mage, Ghost_white, a Person, Averroės Nix, DemPGH, Njall, Snowball, Snowstalker, Zanas, Snowguy, Badger, ebowed, Mr. X, Clinton96, JulioMadrid, 20RP12, Earthling, Politics Junkie, Nathan, Kalwejt, nclib, Badgate, batmacumba, Tweed, bore, Siren, Talleyrand, Rejectamenta, Gass, Hockeydude, Morgieb, Afleitch, Marokai, Duke, MaxQue, Gen. Mung Beans, Sol, Frodo, homelycooking)

XAHAR and HASHEMITE 14 (tmthforu, Fuzzy, EarlAW, Lief, Hashemite, Lewis Trondheim, Velasco, Sir John Johns, Antonio V, ilikeverin, BRTD, Seatown, drj101, Xahar)

OAKVALE and BACON KING (write-in) 8 (Bacon King, SawxDem, Oakvale, Napoleon, Paul Kemp, Hawkeye, Gustaf, Ernest)

NONE OF THE ABOVE 1 (Jerryarkansas)

EXHAUSTED 1 (Solopop)

INVALID 6 (smoltchanov, Hiwazzup, Ben Kenobi, Junkie, McGovern, polnut)

SECOND BALLOT

MATT FROM VT and MAXWELL 58 (Maxwell, Dallasfan, IBDD, Lumine, Smid, dead0man, Hagrid, Winfield, bmotley, Jbrase, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Grumps, Windjammer, Matt from VT, opebo, Superique, Goldwater, cinyc, PiT, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Jack Enderman, Supersonic, TDAS04, Reaganfan, NHI, JCL, SPC, Inks, Freefair, Mattyman, Thomas D, John Dibble, Vosem, Oldiesfreak, NVGonzalez, Torie, Poirot, Spamage, Clarence, NCYankee, Rockefeller, Sanchez, TJ in Cleve, Dereich, Keystone Phil, Liberty Republican, MasterJedi, 9iron, sbane, bgwah, Napoleon)

AVERROĖS NIX and DEMPGH 48 (Scott, Sirnick, Benconstine, TNF, Alfred Jones, Fritz, Adam Griffin OAM, Ogre Mage, Ghost_white, a Person, Averroės Nix, DemPGH, Njall, Snowball, Snowstalker, Zanas, Snowguy, Badger, ebowed, Mr. X, Clinton96, JulioMadrid, 20RP12, Earthling, Politics Junkie, Nathan, Kalwejt, nclib, Badgate, batmacumba, Tweed, bore, Siren, Talleyrand, Rejectamenta, Gass, Hockeydude, Morgieb, Afleitch, Marokai, Duke, MaxQue, Gen. Mung Beans, Sol, Frodo, homelycooking, Hawkeye)

XAHAR and HASHEMITE 20 (tmthforu, Fuzzy, EarlAW, Lief, Hashemite, Lewis Trondheim, Velasco, Sir John Johns, Antonio V, ilikeverin, BRTD, Seatown, drj101, Xahar, Paul Kemp, Bacon King, SawxDem, Oakvale, Ernest, Gustaf)

EXHAUSTED 1 (Solopop)

THIRD BALLOT

AVERROĖS NIX and DEMPGH 63 (Scott, Sirnick, Benconstine, TNF, Alfred Jones, Fritz, Adam Griffin OAM, Ogre Mage, Ghost_white, a Person, Averroės Nix, DemPGH, Njall, Snowball, Snowstalker, Zanas, Snowguy, Badger, ebowed, Mr. X, Clinton96, JulioMadrid, 20RP12, Earthling, Politics Junkie, Nathan, Kalwejt, nclib, Badgate, batmacumba, Tweed, bore, Siren, Talleyrand, Rejectamenta, Gass, Hockeydude, Morgieb, Afleitch, Marokai, Duke, MaxQue, Gen. Mung Beans, Sol, Frodo, homelycooking, Hawkeye, Fuzzy, EarlAW, Lewis Trondheim, Velasco, Sir John Johns, Antonio V, ilikeverin, BRTD, Seatown, drj101, Xahar, Paul Kemp, Bacon King, SawxDem, Oakvale)

MATT FROM VT and MAXWELL 61 (Maxwell, Dallasfan, IBDD, Lumine, Smid, dead0man, Hagrid, Winfield, bmotley, Jbrase, Spiral, Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Grumps, Windjammer, Matt from VT, opebo, Superique, Goldwater, cinyc, PiT, Anton Kreitzer, shua, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Jack Enderman, Supersonic, TDAS04, Reaganfan, NHI, JCL, SPC, Inks, Freefair, Mattyman, Thomas D, John Dibble, Vosem, Oldiesfreak, NVGonzalez, Torie, Poirot, Spamage, Clarence, NCYankee, Rockefeller, Sanchez, TJ in Cleve, Dereich, Keystone Phil, Liberty Republican, MasterJedi, 9iron, sbane, bgwah, Napoleon, tmthforu, Ernest, Gustaf)

EXHAUSTED 3 (Solopop, Lief, Hashemite)

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

OFFICIAL RESULTS (part 2 of 2)

NORTHEAST SENATE

SCOTT 16 (Scott, Dallasfan, Sirnick, Smid, Grumps, Averroes Nix, DemPGH, Matt from VT, Snowball, Earthling, Nathan, NHI, Bore, rejectamenta, Hockeydude, Keystone Phil)

POIROT 5 (Winfield, Goldwater, cinyc, Poirot, homelycooking)

EARLAW (write-in) 1 (EarlAW)

EXHAUSTED 2 (Lief, Kalwejt)

INVALID 1 (smoltchanov)

IDS SENATE

NCYANKEE 17 (Hagrid, Jbrase, Alfred Jones, Jerryarkansas, Bacon King, opebo, Snowguy, PiT, Jack Enderman, Supersonic, John Dibble, Clarence, NCYankee, Rockefeller, Sanchez, Duke, Dereich)

HASHEMITE 7 (Adam Griffin, SawxDem, Hashemite, Zanas, Velasco, Tweed, Sol)

ERNEST (write-in) 1 (Ernest)

NONE OF THE ABOVE 1 (badgate)

EXHAUSTED 2 (SPC, Liberty Republican)

INVALID 2 (Ben Kenobi, McGovern)

MIDEAST SENATE

FIRST BALLOT

TJ IN CLEVE 14 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Anton Kreitzer, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Reaganfan, Inks, Mattyman, Oldiesfreak, TJ in Cleve, Masterjedi, Frodo)

TALLEYRAND 11 (Benconstine, Ghost_white, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, Mr. X, Batmacumba, Talleyrand, Gass, afleitch)

SIREN 9 (OAM, a Person, Shua, Clinton96, TDAS04, nclib, Vosem, Siren, 9iron)

JCL 3 (bmotley, Spiral, JCL)

INVALID 2 (Hiwazzup, Junkie)

SECOND BALLOT

TJ IN CLEVE 17 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Anton Kreitzer, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Reaganfan, Inks, Mattyman, Oldiesfreak, TJ in Cleve, Masterjedi, Frodo, bmotley, Spiral, JCL)

TALLEYRAND 11 (Benconstine, Ghost_white, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, Mr. X, Batmacumba, Talleyrand, Gass, afleitch)

SIREN 9 (OAM, a Person, Shua, Clinton96, TDAS04, nclib, Vosem, Siren, 9iron)

THIRD BALLOT

TJ IN CLEVE 19 (Cathcon, ZuWo, DC al Fine, Anton Kreitzer, A-Bob, Rogue Beaver, Miles, Reaganfan, Inks, Mattyman, Oldiesfreak, TJ in Cleve, Masterjedi, Frodo, bmotley, Spiral, JCL, shua, Vosem)

TALLEYRAND 18 (Benconstine, Ghost_white, Njall, Oakvale, Sir John Johns, Badger, Mr. X, Batmacumba, Talleyrand, Gass, afleitch, OAM, a Person, Clinton96, TDAS04, nclib, Siren, 9iron)

MIDWEST SENATE

TNF 11 (TNF, Fritz, Windjammer, Lewis Trondheim, Snowstalker, Hawkeye, ilikeverin, Thomas D, BRTD, Marokai, MaxQue)

MAXWELL 6 (Maxwell, Lumine, dead0man, tmthforu, JulioMadrid, Gustaf)

PACIFIC SENATE

SBANE 13 (IBDD, polnut, Fuzzy, Superique, ebowed, Freefair, NVGonzalez, Torie, Spamage, Morgieb, Gen. Mung Beans, Sbane, bgwah)

POLITICS JUNKIE 4 (Ogre Mage, Solopop, Antonio V, Politics Junkie)

DRJ101 (write-in) 4 (20RP12, Seatown, drj101, Xahar)

EXHAUSTED 1 (Paul Kemp)

INVALID 1 (Napoleon)

AVERROĖS NIX is elected President.
DEMPGH is elected Vice President.
SCOTT is elected Northeast Senator.
NCYANKEE is elected IDS Senator.
TJ IN CLEVE is elected Mideast Senator.
TNF is elected Midwest Senator.
SBANE is elected Pacific Senator.

There was a total turnout of 134 votes, with 6 ballot papers being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

Don't stress homely Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #722 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »

It's because of this:

It's unfair to have to nullify Polnut's presidential ballot, but it is the only rule that guides my action in this circumstance.

Do you think than the Senate should fix the law, for that aspect?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #723 on: June 26, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »

It's because of this:

Yes. Absentee ballots for any race in any election should be made available one week ahead of time so that I can accept absentee write-in votes for candidates who will later be placed on the ballot.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #724 on: July 02, 2013, 12:18:34 AM »

It's because of this:

Yes. Absentee ballots for any race in any election should be made available one week ahead of time so that I can accept absentee write-in votes for candidates who will later be placed on the ballot.

I filled an amendment, however, that will take some time, since the queue is long and than this need a constitutional amendment (the absentee vote period is defined by the Constitution).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies