Pro-Jesus Jews paid Rick Santorum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:20:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pro-Jesus Jews paid Rick Santorum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro-Jesus Jews paid Rick Santorum  (Read 4185 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »

BSB, you can make arguments as much as you like, but for whatever reason, they don't mesh with how actual Jews (of all stripes) respond to the Jews 4 Jesus.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »

BRTD, I think the thing that really offends Jews is the trade name "infringement" as it were. If the Messianic Jews called themselves something other than Jews, or Jews for Jesus, it would be less of an issue. But it is a free country, and Jews don't have the exclusive legal right to the name, so that is that. It is complicated by the term Jews referring to both a religion and an ethnicity/tribe in common parlance.

I always like to think about how Christians would react if a Muslim evangelical organization started a group called Christians 4 Mohammad that claimed they were authentically Christian, but accepted Mohammad as the final prophet and adhered to the five pillars of Islam.

If an Islamic group (hard to analogize this in America to someone like Santorum) started doing joint appearances with Christians 4 Mohammad and said this showed their outreach to the Christian community, and I don't see why all those Christians just don't get over themselves and be broad-minded and accept that they're Christians too blah blah, well we can see how successful that would be.

There's also a very long and ugly history of Jews being compelled to convert which animates the Jewish reponse.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »

Yep, of course, Brittain33. Anyway, it is easier to be dispassionate about it all when one is Godless. Smiley

I've got very little observance left but something about people not understanding why Jews 4 Jesus isn't just another color in the rainbow of Judaism and why don't Jews just "get it" sets me off. Not that that's what you said...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies