HI-1: Takai retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:15:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-1: Takai retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-1: Takai retiring  (Read 3369 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: May 26, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »

I know that progressives/leftists are supposed to hate Hanabusa, but I can't remember why.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »

Not quite. He was wondering why so many Democrats suddenly had a boner for Gabbard. Aside from her looks (no pun intended), it was due to her resigning from the DNC and endorsing Bernie. I doubt many of them even know about her "colorful" past.

To be fair, though, some of the biggest Bernie supporters were the same people calling her out for acting like a magic progressive 4 years ago. I don't think it's lost on anyone her past, but many, including me, have chosen to forget it considering the dramatic U-Turn she's made.

There's also plenty of r/sanders4president types who are completely ignorant of any politician who isn't Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton. There are people on there who legit believe that Colin Peterson and Dan Lipinski are progressive stalwarts.

I really can't comprehend that; if you're that pumped about politics, why don't you check out lower-level candidates to see if you can help similar candidates to Bernie?

They're not pumped about politics. They're pumped about Bernie. They're more enthused about primarying Hillary backers than taking out any Republicans.

Reddit in general has a habit of putting too much stock into single issues.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »

I was curious so I went on the thread on r/s4p where they announced Peterson was voting for Sanders. Generally people were expressing surprise that such a conservative Democrat would support him. I did find this little exchange, though:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »

Was not expecting that. RIP, FF.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies