HI-1: Takai retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:06:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-1: Takai retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-1: Takai retiring  (Read 3365 times)
JMT

« on: May 20, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »

I wish Takai the best, this is sad. Cancer sucks.

As for people running for the seat, I wouldn't be surprised if Colleen Hanabusa tries to reclaim the seat. I think she'd probably win, too
JMT

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »

At only 45 years old, I don't see why Charles Djou wouldn't take another shot at this seat.
Well he's now lost three consecutive general elections for this seat (2010, 2012, and 2014), and the 2014 race was during a giant Republican wave and the incumbent wasn't running for reelection. Hanabusa, despite not currently holding the seat, is probably still better known than Takai, and would defeat Djou easily in a presidential year. It would be dumb for him to run, I think he needs to take a break from running for office for awhile and maybe make a return to politics later on by running for governor or something (some office less partisan than congress or senate).
JMT

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »

http://www.civilbeat.org/2016/06/djou-jumps-into-mayors-race-aiona-opts-not-to-run-at-all/

In addition to Djou opting out of a congressional run to instead run for Mayor, Duke Aiona, the former Lt. Gov of Hawaii, has also declined to run for Congress this year. Aiona had pulled out papers to run for state senate, Congress, and Mayor, but has decided to not run for any office this year. It appears as if Colleen Hanabusa will cruise to victory easily to reclaim her seat, with no major democratic or republican opposition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies