HI-1: Takai retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:18:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-1: Takai retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-1: Takai retiring  (Read 3362 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 26, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »

HanabUSA won't probably be challenged in the primary, unfortunately. I think she'll scare off any actually progressives like Stanley Chan.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

I mean, she's 65 so it's not like she'll be in the seat an eternity; she might be stupid and try to run for higher office of some sort and retire from the House seat.

I could also see her in a HRC Administration as well, so there is that. Labor secretary seems to be calling her name.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:34:30 AM »

Not quite. He was wondering why so many Democrats suddenly had a boner for Gabbard. Aside from her looks (no pun intended), it was due to her resigning from the DNC and endorsing Bernie. I doubt many of them even know about her "colorful" past.

To be fair, though, some of the biggest Bernie supporters were the same people calling her out for acting like a magic progressive 4 years ago. I don't think it's lost on anyone her past, but many, including me, have chosen to forget it considering the dramatic U-Turn she's made.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »

Not quite. He was wondering why so many Democrats suddenly had a boner for Gabbard. Aside from her looks (no pun intended), it was due to her resigning from the DNC and endorsing Bernie. I doubt many of them even know about her "colorful" past.

To be fair, though, some of the biggest Bernie supporters were the same people calling her out for acting like a magic progressive 4 years ago. I don't think it's lost on anyone her past, but many, including me, have chosen to forget it considering the dramatic U-Turn she's made.

There's also plenty of r/sanders4president types who are completely ignorant of any politician who isn't Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton. There are people on there who legit believe that Colin Peterson and Dan Lipinski are progressive stalwarts.

I really can't comprehend that; if you're that pumped about politics, why don't you check out lower-level candidates to see if you can help similar candidates to Bernie?

They're not pumped about politics. They're pumped about Bernie. They're more enthused about primarying Hillary backers than taking out any Republicans.

But that is no doubt because they see Hillary backers as being worse than Republicans.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »

That's ing horrible. This is so incredibly tragic.

Completely unexpected, he was apparently doing well.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:50 PM »

Now the question is whether or not Ige will call a special election. If so, looks like Hanabusa is headed back to the House of Representatives sooner than expected.

When Patsy Mink died in office much later than Takai did (in late September) in 2002, a special election was called. I'm certain that one will be called for this, most likely alongside the regular election.

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:34:19 AM »

Special election will likely be held alongside the fall general election for the full term, as per the sketchy elections officer.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/32493145/special-election-for-remainder-of-takais-term-likely-to-be-held-in-november
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies