The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:26:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 217363 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 07, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »

I'm kind of interested in Warren as the nominee now. I don't know. I think she's a good match to take on the President one on one. She won't have to tip toe nearly as much as the 2016 nominee because all he can do is call her Pocahontas.
I think it helps to make her angry rhetoric more pallatable. Her allows her to tap into a softer warmer side that she'll desperately need to win. I think it'll help combat the sexism she'll be facing. I wasn't a big fan of her running despite liking her positions, but I might've changed my mind.

Oh yeah. She'll lose because the whole country is sexist
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »

I'm kind of interested in Warren as the nominee now. I don't know. I think she's a good match to take on the President one on one. She won't have to tip toe nearly as much as the 2016 nominee because all he can do is call her Pocahontas.
I think it helps to make her angry rhetoric more pallatable. Her allows her to tap into a softer warmer side that she'll desperately need to win. I think it'll help combat the sexism she'll be facing. I wasn't a big fan of her running despite liking her positions, but I might've changed my mind.

Oh yeah. She'll lose because the whole country is sexist
Not saying it'll be her only problem but it could easily knock off a few points from her.
It wont

Congrats on your ability to know what every American is thinking, even subconsciously.

McGovern says the US is subconsciously sexist. Are you congratulating him?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:25:15 PM »

Middle America is sexist. A plurality of America did vote for the most qualified candidate, regardless of genitals.

They're not sexist. They just don't like Hillary Rotten Clinton.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.

Sexism is not the most credible argument for her loss
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.

Sexism is not the most credible argument for her loss

I think it's a very important factor to acknowledge, not pooh-pooh it as "ridiculous leftists." Sexism isn't just "I won't vote for a woman" or "Women have periods and therefore unstable," its also a subconscious changing of standards. Trump was a scandal monster, but he was still not as bad as "Crooked Hillary," who wasn't even tried with any crime.

Hillary had to be an angel and then some in order to be considered adequate, Donald could be a brute and be considered a strong leader. 

Anyway, I don't want to relitigate the election.

Should you have to be tried for a crime to be considered crooked?? Luther Strange hasn't been charged with a crime and he's crooked as hell!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »

Biden is the only Dem who could defeat Trump by over 20%. Just think about all the congressional seats that would inevitably come with that. If he doesn't run, he's making a huge mistake.

Nobody's beating anybody by over 20%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies