The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:27:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 98
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 147070 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.
What the Christ?

It's not like us Republicans are electing black Republican senators as trophies or anything. Still, the GOP is looking pretty good with a 1/1 split in black senators with the Democrats, considering >90% of African-Americans consistently vote Democratic.

Um, it's that second statistic we kinda need work on.....

We got 20% of the young black male vote In 2012, so there that's a good sign of things to come.

Um, no.

Why is it not :confused:

Let me answer your question with a question: Can you provide a link to your shocking and universally disagreed with premise that one in 5 "young black men" voted for Romney over Obama?

Unless that poll was taken at the Black College Republicans convention, I don't buy it.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1276 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »

If it ends up this close, what is the likelihood of a recount?
Well, it would have to get within 0.5%, which has not happened so far. We'll see what the rest of Jones does.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1277 on: June 24, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »

If it ends up this close, what is the likelihood of a recount?
Hopefully none.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1278 on: June 24, 2014, 09:24:13 PM »

Turnout in completed counties is up 14% from 6/03:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1279 on: June 24, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »

I do not see how McDaniel wins.  Jones I think is likely to give him another net 2500 votes but he is behind by more than 4000 and there is still more of Hinds to come.

97% of Hinds has reported. So, it will be closer.
Only about 54% of Rankin County has reported.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1280 on: June 24, 2014, 09:24:54 PM »

Cochran still up by 4500, 92% in. Some Jones and Desoto still out.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1281 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.
What the Christ?

It's not like us Republicans are electing black Republican senators as trophies or anything. Still, the GOP is looking pretty good with a 1/1 split in black senators with the Democrats, considering >90% of African-Americans consistently vote Democratic.

We got 20% of the young black male vote In 2012, so there that's a good sign of things to come.

Um, no.

Let me answer your question with a question: Can you provide a link to your shocking and universally disagreed with premise that one in 5 "young black men" voted for Romney over Obama?

Unless that poll was taken at the Black College Republicans convention, I don't buy it.

I'm going to step in on this one for Alreet. It looks like the poll I'm citing is from Pew Research:

That statistic is probably true (it looks like Romney won 19% of young black voters), but we're not absolutely sure. I admit, it's also important to remember that young black men are a small subset of the electorate to begin with, so the information that we obtain from polls on this group might not be precise. Still, Pew is a reliable outlet.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1282 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:42 PM »

Cochran still up by 4500, 92% in. Some Jones and Desoto still out.
Holmes County hasn't reported at all yet.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1283 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

McDaniel has to get 2/3 of the remaining vote to win.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1284 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »

I wish we knew which Rankin precincts were still outstanding.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1285 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:17 PM »

92.3% now, McDaniel slips from 49.4 to 49.2.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1286 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »

Whoah, Cochran is winning Jackson County by one vote.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #1287 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »

McDaniel has to get 2/3 of the remaining vote to win.

It looks like Cochran has this.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1288 on: June 24, 2014, 09:27:53 PM »

Magee ahead of Quinn 52-48 with 87% in.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1289 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:10 PM »

Whoah, Cochran is winning Jackson County by one vote.
Now McDaniel is.

Anyway, I think Cochran's just about got this.  Jones County still has a lot of votes left, but so do a number of counties in the northern part of the state where Cochran is way ahead.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1290 on: June 24, 2014, 09:28:35 PM »

What the Christ?

Um, no.

I'm going to step in on this one for Alreet. It looks like the poll I'm citing is from Pew Research:

That statistic is probably true (it looks like Romney won 19% of young black voters), but we're not absolutely sure. I admit, it's also important to remember that young black men are a small subset of the electorate to begin with, so the information that we obtain from polls on this group might not be precise. Still, Pew is a reliable outlet.

Ah, tiny sub-sample MoE. My second guess after pure BS.

Pew is reputable, but anyone who thinks 1 in 5 young black males voted for Romney over Obama is frankly deluded, and our party has enough of those type already.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »

Jones is starting to come in (about 30% more vote to be counted from there) and Cochran is back to a narrow 7,000 vote lead (51.5-48.5) over McDaniel! And there's still more vote to come from a few other McDaniel counties including Lamar and Perry. Come on McDaniel!!!! Cheesy

Why the hell are you cheering for McDaniel??

Adam is a rather tedious partisan who thinks it could lead to a D+1 or at least make the Rs look stupid.
Childers doesn't actually have that good of a shot of winning. Most people agree that it's likely R at best with McDaniel and Childers would really have to get high turnout from MS-2, get his reliable 2010 base from his home district, and run up the score in MS-4 to have a shot. It's more so the fact that I support term-limits and Cochran has stayed in Washington too long. There are a few things I agree with McDaniel on (like Common Core), but Cochran is a hardcore conservative who's frankly out of touch. I respect that he brought home money for Katrina funding, but he's making comments that are just offensive or bizarre. We do need new, fresh blood in the Senate.

So basically what you're saying is that you're glad a white guy won instead of a black guy, right? Roll Eyes
No? I'm not a racist, but in this case, from a Democratic perspective and probably other fellow Democrats on here and nationally, Lankford would be better in the Senate than Shannon would, for the sake of our party. Shannon might be Tea Party, but neither is really gaffe prone and really it's obvious why national Republicans like Palin and Cruz came in to support Shannon to begin with. Lankford really doesn't bring anything new to the Senate for the Republican Party, Shannon does.
Wasn't Lankford the Tea Party candidate?
He was arguably the more conservative of the two, but the national Tea Partiers had a problem that Lankford was in the establishment leadership (aka reopening the govt, raising the debt ceiling/increase spending, etc.) while the Tea Party saw a real opportunity in Shannon; someone who's younger than Lankford, has a strong, conservative record in Oklahoma, and simply put, wanted to see Tim Scott and T.W. Shannon in the Senate after this year.

Cochran is now at 51-49 with about a 5,000 vote lead, but there's still a heck of a lot of vote from Jones County and a little from DeSoto be counted. All of the Madison County machine for Cochran is finished, so this will be incredibly close up until the end with McDaniel slightly favored I think. Smiley

In other races, Rangel's still in this thing. He only trails by 600 votes 52-42 with only 12% in.

In Oklahoma, the one State House seat that matters, Scott Esk lost the GOP primary tonight in HD 91! I presume the candidate who won, Chris Kannady, is also conservative, but not an extreme radical like Esk is.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1292 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:01 PM »

I'm calling this for Cochran now.  It doesn't really mean much, since we don't have a call anywhere else, but it looks like most of the outstanding vote (Jones County aside) seems to favor him.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1293 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »

Rangel still losing 52-42 with 16% in.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #1294 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »

Jones County is 97% in, Cochran leads by 4000. He's got this.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1295 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »

NY-13

23% in
Espaillat- 46.6%
Rangel- 45.7%
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1296 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:36 PM »

Red alert, guys! 94% in, 50.2 to 49.8 in MS! Still a tidge of Jones left. Still some desoto left too.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1297 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »

Red alert, guys! 94% in, 50.2 to 49.8 in MS! Still a tidge of Jones left. Still some desoto left too.

Vote margin?
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #1298 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »

What the Christ?

Um, no.

Ah, tiny sub-sample MoE. My second guess after pure BS.

Pew is reputable, but anyone who thinks 1 in 5 young black males voted for Romney over Obama is frankly deluded, and our party has enough of those type already.

Yeah, on second thought I suppose it does sound too good to be true, and besides, winning only 1 out of 5 of any group is still not that good.
Alreet
Rookie

« Reply #1299 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »

What the Christ?

Um, no.

As I'm not over 20 posts yet I cannot link you, but Romney won 19% of black males under 29 according to exit polls. Google it please.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 98  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies