The White Collar Man vs. The Blue Collar Man (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:32:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The White Collar Man vs. The Blue Collar Man (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The White Collar Man vs. The Blue Collar Man  (Read 2177 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:55 AM »

If you think being 'a rich man who is wealthy beyond imagination' is an option for you then you're already living in a fantasy world.

Listen, friend, get serious.  You have got to try to survive.  Just survive. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »

Guys, wealth is not 'attained', and rich people are almost always 'loved' more.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »

It is exacted. 

and rich people are almost always 'loved' more.

All the more reason to get rich, then.

You can't 'get' rich - you either are rich or you aren't.  It is a class you are born into.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:14:57 PM »

You can't 'get' rich - you either are rich or you aren't.  It is a class you are born into.

No, its not.

Dream on you innocent lad.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »

No, its not.

Dream on you innocent lad.

Give it up you lame troll.

Dude, virtually every rich person's father was rich too. If one in a million cases does not fit this format that doesn't change the fact that being rich is not something you can 'become' - it is about as likely you'll win the lottery as 'get rich' by 'efforts' or 'merits'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »

Well I can think of about 6 exceptions to that within my clan: my father (well he went from nothing to the top end of upper middle class, so maybe he was not "rich"), my uncle (famous film special effects guy), my aunt (quite successful actress and real estate investor), my cousin, and my cousin's cousin.  And that is just for starters. The descendants of my grandfather's sister on my mother's side are incredibly successful in about 6 instances, and all by virtue of their own efforts. Two are or were senior partners of two of the largest and most powerful law firms in Los Angeles. Another owns a real estate empire of about 6,000 units.

Yes, you come from a rich family, Torie.  No surprise there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »

...Now imagine just how rich you might well be Opebo if you could function as well vertically as you do horizontally?  Did you ever think about that?  Tongue

I don't 'function' particularly well on any plane - I'm a very ordinary chap as are we all.

However it is worth noting that the poor is required to be able to do something (for the rich) or he will be eliminated.  The rich is not required to do anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies