Why does Arizona vote so differently than Nevada? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:51:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why does Arizona vote so differently than Nevada? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why does Arizona vote so differently than Nevada?  (Read 1636 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: August 23, 2013, 02:14:42 AM »

Demographics aren't quite the same. Internally the states differ as well. Nevada also has a libertarian leaning population which isn't friendly to social conservatives.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:51:16 PM »

Arizona knows more what it's like to have problems with immigration. I'm not saying Nevada is safe from it, but Arizona sees the problems of illegal immigration first hand and knows what is needed in order to deal with such a threat. The answer is Republicans. We are Republicans! We are one!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:28:56 AM »

Keep in mind Arizona has a conservative internal history.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »

Did anyone mention the Reid Machine yet?

The one that plugs into the wall and quotes Democratic talking points?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 01:16:28 AM »

No, I mean one of the most ruthless political machines in the country, the one that gets the one that plugs into the wall reelected every single year. I'm sure that plays a minor role.

Reid is a political genius mind you, somwhat similar to the artist plugged into a Louisville wall and recites Republican talking points.

Democrats weren't able to do much until Obama was president and once they lost their majority two years later, he became ineffective again. All he ever does is talk about how terrible everything is in our nation. He's also a cranky old man who hates his fellow Mormons. We'll be the ones laughing when his term is over.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »

My explanation that there are more affordable retirement communities in Arizona is a better explanation why Arizona is 55% Republican and Nevada is 51% Democrat than to simply say the average Arizonan is a segregationist or that Harry Reid farts a lot.

It's true Arizona attracts more conservative voters. Las Vegas is really the only place people live in Nevada and it's not very livable.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 09:25:09 AM »

My explanation that there are more affordable retirement communities in Arizona is a better explanation why Arizona is 55% Republican and Nevada is 51% Democrat than to simply say the average Arizonan is a segregationist or that Harry Reid farts a lot.

It's true Arizona attracts more conservative voters. Las Vegas is really the only place people live in Nevada and it's not very livable.

And it's not that people just get up one day, decide they don't like abortion or Mexicans and then decide they want to move to Arizona.

Lol whoever suggested such things?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »

I am trying to nip in the bud that Arizonans or those who move there vote the way they do "just 'cuz" or some racist idea that there are "too many Mexicans" in Arizona.

Me too. It's Sunday morning and there's a lot of hung over partisans. It's becoming a western Florida for retirees due to what it has to offer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies