Major Cities where Whites Voted for Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:50:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Major Cities where Whites Voted for Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Major Cities where Whites Voted for Romney?  (Read 16825 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »

^^^ Also, I forgot to really promote my 2012 white vote project by county that I linked to in my previous post. It can help answer at least one other one:

Since Marion County, IN = Indianapolis, apparently, then I can report that Obama won 50% of the white vote there in 2012, plus or minus a couple of points. It is more accurate in counties where the share of the non-white, non-black vote is lowest. It's safe to say that the white vote was effectively tied in Indianapolis.

Actually that all but confirms that Obama won whites in Indianapolis proper, since Marion County still has a few suburbs in it, and some of them are quite heavily Republican. In 2008 per DRA the non-Indianapolis Marion County vote was 54.8-44.4 Obama (and about 10% of the county) and 72.8% white VAP and Indianapolis was 64.8-34.5 Obama 63.1% white VAP. Obviously there was a big swing to Romney but the base numbers are still able to be compared.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies