Jen Psaki to leave White House in coming weeks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:20:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jen Psaki to leave White House in coming weeks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jen Psaki to leave White House in coming weeks  (Read 1206 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »

Rumors of her early departure have been swirling around since last summer, but it now looks like it's actually happening.

Any bets on who replaces her? Kate Bedingfield, Karine Jean-Pierre, and John Kirby look like the obvious candidates.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:57:07 PM »

Well, Psaki lasted far longer than any of Trump's Press Secretaries, but that's a low bar. I can only recall Obama having two Press Secretaries (Jay Carney and Josh Earnest) during his Administration.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 04:06:44 PM »

Well, Psaki lasted far longer than any of Trump's Press Secretaries, but that's a low bar. I can only recall Obama having two Press Secretaries (Jay Carney and Josh Earnest) during his Administration.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders outlasted Psaki
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 04:10:30 PM »

What does her being White have to do with anything?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 04:17:33 PM »

I somehow read this as:

"plan is she'll host a show on Peacock & appear as a voice on DILF shows on cable"

...yes please...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 04:19:07 PM »

Sarah Huckabee Sanders outlasted Psaki

Really? Well, that means Psaki outlasted the other Trump Press Secretaries.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 04:35:50 PM »

Knowing the Biden administration, the next secretary will probably pull the same never-take-responsibility BS we've gotten used to.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 05:08:32 PM »

Good to see more smart, charismatic Democratic hacks getting propaganda jobs on news networks. Still a long way to go to catch up with the GOP though unfortunately.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 05:35:32 PM »

Knowing the Biden administration, the next secretary will probably pull the same never-take-responsibility BS we've gotten used to.

I've said before that Psaki is the epitome of the limousine white liberal, who is college-educated, lives in a nice upper-middle class to upper class suburban area, probably shops at Whole Foods or some other higher-end store, and sends their children to private or elite schools.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 05:38:51 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2022, 05:45:29 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

She is doing what Simone is doing going to MSNBC if Ds lose in Nov you will see alot more departures will Garland still be AG, if Rs take the H there won't be anymore need for him to investigate Trump Rs are gonna flip the investigation to Hunter Biden .

It's good to be optimistic but as DS have there before especially in 2016, we have won 2 Election cycles in a row, 15/20 Rs won two in a row 14/16 and D's 06/08 and Rs again 2000/2002/04

So to win three election cycles in a row Rs did only with 911

The only reason why it feels off for D's to lose is because before when we lost it was the Clinton legacy of Lewinsky and Benghazi that cost us seats 2006 we won Congress due to no Lewinsky, but we lost again after 2010 due to Benghazi, Biden is very much a Clinton D with Reade and being against the Filibuster reform, but his legacy is post Bill Clinton will his legacy be costing D's in 22 its possible
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 05:51:08 PM »

I've said before that Psaki is the epitome of the limousine white liberal, who is college-educated, lives in a nice upper-middle class to upper class suburban area, probably shops at Whole Foods or some other higher-end store, and sends their children to private or elite schools.

So what, she lives a decent life. Any person in her position would do the same. No senior White House staffer is going to live in some dump and send their kids to a school where they have to walk through a metal detector, and we shouldn't expect them to.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »

So what, she lives a decent life. Any person in her position would do the same. No senior White House staffer is going to live in some dump and send their kids to a school where they have to walk through a metal detector, and we shouldn't expect them to.

I'm not saying that she should be living in poverty or in the "inner city". I'm just highlighting that she's not the best spokesperson for this Administration.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 06:04:05 PM »

I'm not saying that she should be living in poverty or in the "inner city". I'm just highlighting that she's not the best spokesperson for this Administration.

Very few people in Washington come from the working/middle class.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2022, 07:17:39 PM »

This reeks of jealousy. If you want a good life get out and work for it. Stop begrudging strangers for what you don't have.

This is the problem with some people, they put image ahead of qualifications. Who cares what her income is? She's there to provide information to the press.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 07:39:07 PM »

This reeks of jealousy. If you want a good life get out and work for it. Stop begrudging strangers for what you don't have.

This is the problem with some people, they put image ahead of qualifications. Who cares what her income is? She's there to provide information to the press.

I'm not surprised that you would be defending Psaki. These are very condescending remarks for you to make, for you to say that I should get off my behind and stop complaining. Would you care to say that to many other voters who are working hard and are still struggling in this country? I doubt you would. The Democratic Party should be the party that stands up for the working class and recognizes their contributions, not belittle them as you and others here have done.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2022, 08:04:43 PM »

I'm not surprised that you would be defending Psaki. These are very condescending remarks for you to make, for you to say that I should get off my behind and stop complaining. Would you care to say that to many other voters who are working hard and are still struggling in this country? I doubt you would. The Democratic Party should be the party that stands up for the working class and recognizes their contributions, not belittle them as you and others here have done.

There is no need for me to defend on the basis of which you attacked her for because she has done nothing wrong by having an upper income. You attacked her for reasons that make no logical sense other than you have some jealousy issues that are personal. This has nothing to do with the working class as a whole, but you attacking Jen Psaki for something that isn't even relevant to how she does her job. Most of the working class are too busy working to sit around hating strangers for having money.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 08:10:05 PM »

There is no need for me to defend on the basis of which you attacked her for because she has done nothing wrong by having an upper income. You attacked her for reasons that make no logical sense other than you have some jealousy issues that are personal. This has nothing to do with the working class as a whole, but you attacking Jen Psaki for something that isn't even relevant to how she does her job. Most of the working class are too busy working to sit around hating strangers for having money.

There you again! I've noted elsewhere many times how I work a distinctly blue-collar job, and I work five days a week, every week. I'm not sitting around on my laurels and doing nothing but complaining about others. I've been clear about my negative views of Psaki from before, and they are views that are not shared by me alone. Your attitude is that Psaki should be entirely above criticism, and that any criticism of Democratic politicians or public figures, period, is off limits. I would disagree with that.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 08:25:13 PM »

There you again! I've noted elsewhere many times how I work a distinctly blue-collar job, and I work five days a week, every week. I'm not sitting around on my laurels and doing nothing but complaining about others. I've been clear about my negative views of Psaki from before, and they are views that are not shared by me alone. Your attitude is that Psaki should be entirely above criticism, and that any criticism of Democratic politicians or public figures, period, is off limits. I would disagree with that.

Again, Psaki's income has nothing to do with her job performance. If you don't like how she answers questions that is a valid criticism, but criticizing her income is weird. I never said Democrats were above criticism, but your criticism is personal rather than political.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2022, 08:30:53 PM »

Again, Psaki's income has nothing to do with her job performance. If you don't like how she answers questions that is a valid criticism, but criticizing her income is weird. I never said Democrats were above criticism, but your criticism is personal rather than political.

It's not just her income. I have been critical of how she's conducted herself in these press conferences, and how she's responded to questions. Particularly so, when she advised people to drink a margarita or to do yoga, or some other such activity, when the voting rights measures passed by House Democrats failed in the Senate. I was critical of Trump's Press Secretaries as well, and I don't have a high opinion of them in general. And I initially had a positive view of Psaki, seeking her as a change from McEnany. So this is certainly not a personal criticism, and not the only one I've made.

Like I've said before, we probably share more in common on the issues than you would like to acknowledge, but because you don't acknowledge it and have no interest in forming a consensus, that is why these arguments result.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2022, 09:51:21 PM »

To be honest, in this social media age, WH Press Secretaries don't really matter. At least, in my opinion.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2022, 09:55:27 PM »

Hottest WH press secretary who has ever lived.

11 out of 10.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2022, 11:36:12 PM »

Can't believe you forgot Robert Gibbs.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2022, 06:42:43 AM »

Gone to be the CEO of her ailing dad's media company?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 07:45:08 AM »

There are gonna be alot of departures after Nov if Rs romp just because alot of DOJ officials are gonna resign if they're not needed to indict Trump anymore once there is Speaker McCarthy there isn't anymire investigation of Trump, it's gonna go over to investigate Hunter and Hunter Biden has ties directly to Biden himself, even if it's not called that in the early days an impeachment inquiry will be launched in the House

Grassley will be reelected we don't know about Johnson, but Grassley even in D Senate will support such investigation into Hunter Biden
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 12:43:01 PM »

This is bizarrely specific, and I feel like this rant isn't really about Psaki.

It seems more like you're just projecting your frustration that "cringe wine moms" are a more influential voting bloc than you'd like them to be.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies