Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:27:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"  (Read 5485 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:16:08 PM »

Yeah, no surprise here.

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »

Antisemitism 101
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »

Of course he did
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 03:31:53 PM »

You can be both a Zionist and an antisemite.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 03:34:56 PM »

These days most antisemites are Zionists.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 03:37:30 PM »

Putin/Russia interfered with our election by creating animosities and stirring-up problems in the US via race/nationalities/etc.
And as a bonus, the also got an Orange Bastard in The Office who continues to destroy our nation using the same tactics.

Russia  2
USA  0
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 03:46:51 PM »

see: Spencer, Richard
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 04:00:59 PM »

Anyone think the right will condemn these anti-Semitic remarks?

Yeah, me neither.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »

American Jews like Wellstone and Feingold are liberal. Israel has as its law, every male have to serve in military. Jewish males dont have to serve in American; anti war Jews are a result
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 04:48:15 PM »

https://i.imgur.com/a2W4RFG.png He effectively called them stupid traitors. But remember, "Christians" loyal to a foreign state are the only ones allowed to decide what's antisemitic!
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »

Does anyone remember the last time a dictatorial person accused Jewish people of being disloyal to the state?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 05:36:38 PM »

Most of those evangelicals don't like the Jews and think they'll all burn in hell, they just need them for their end of days prophecy so they'll support them just for that.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »

Remember last year he referred to Netanyahu as "your" PM to a group of Jews.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »

Anyone from Atlas Blue want to chime in?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »

I'm sure Fuzzy will drop by and ask us to condemn some long dead Muslim cleric or else we are a bunch of leftie antisemites.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »

Most of those evangelicals don't like the Jews and think they'll all burn in hell, they just need them for their end of days prophecy so they'll support them just for that.

But, of course, you don't know that.  It's just a line you post.

As for the earlier quote, that's pretty hard to accomplish.  

As for Trump's comments, they were graceless, and probably not helpful all around.  But American Jews are, from my vantage point, going through the process that Evangelical Christians have gone through in the political arena.

Once upon a time, it didn't matter a lot, from a religious perspective which major political party you identified with.  Indeed, the first "Born Again" President was Jimmy Carter, a Democrat, and Evangelical Christians were as likely to identify as Democrats as they would identify as Republicans.  Initially, the criticisms were of policy; on issues such as abortion.  Over time, however, the contempt the Democratic Party exudes toward Evangelicals is unmistakable.  Evangelical Christians are viewed as a problem, and as a group that should be viewed with contempt.  I"m not going to go on and on with examples of rhetoric (although I will if people wish to actually contest this point), but Evangelicals are now pretty much considered "the ememy" by Democrats.  They are openly disparaged by Democratic candidates, and Democratic candidates propose all sorts of policy initiatives that seek to marginalize Evangelical Christian presence in public life and in the public square.

When I was a Democratic activist in the 1970s and 1980s, the Democratic Party was, by and large, the party of Jewish voters.  Not on the level that, say, black or Hispanic voters are today, but very much moreso than Italian-American voters or even Irish-American voters and Catholic voters in general (who have been trending to the GOP beginning in the Eisenhower years).  The thought that Democratic pols would be supportive of a boycott of Israel was nonsense; this was advocated by only a few outliers (e. g. Sen. James Abouresk of South Dakota, a Democrat who lasted only one term).  

Jewish voters today are often more culturally liberal than Evangelicals, and their ties to the Democratic Party have been due, in no small measure, to the Democrats' historical opposition to anti-Semitism.  So I find it hard to believe that the increasing prominence, not only from "The Squad" (they'll be a non-issue two years from now), but from other "mainstream" Democratic politicians who have given aid and comfort to the anti-Semitic elements of their party isn't a shock to the system for a lot of Jewish Democrats, including some who are clearly in the liberal camp.  You can't stand with David Ben Gurion and the Grand Mufti at the same time.  You cannot stand with the Jewish people of Israel and support boycotting their nation economically.  Trump's comment is off base.  But I do predict that Jewish Democrats, who have, in many states, been a loyal part of their base, have legitimate justification of asking "Where's the love?" and receiving a meaningful answer.  And some blather about loving Jews but hating Bibi, AIPAC, etc. isn't going to cut it.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 06:18:00 PM »

I'm sure Fuzzy will drop by and ask us to condemn some long dead Muslim cleric or else we are a bunch of leftie antisemites.
Right on time

You can't stand with David Ben Gurion and the Grand Mufti at the same time.  You cannot stand with the Jewish people of Israel and support boycotting their nation economically.  Trump's comment is off base.  But I do predict that Jewish Democrats, who have, in many states, been a loyal part of their base, have legitimate justification of asking "Where's the love?" and receiving a meaningful answer.  And some blather about loving Jews but hating Bibi, AIPAC, etc. isn't going to cut it.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »

Right on time

You can't stand with David Ben Gurion and the Grand Mufti at the same time.  You cannot stand with the Jewish people of Israel and support boycotting their nation economically.  Trump's comment is off base.  But I do predict that Jewish Democrats, who have, in many states, been a loyal part of their base, have legitimate justification of asking "Where's the love?" and receiving a meaningful answer.  And some blather about loving Jews but hating Bibi, AIPAC, etc. isn't going to cut it.

I'll now accept my accolades.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »

Obviously these statements are anti-semitic, as are some things Omar and Talib have said. But, being that ~75% of Jewish people voted for Hilary in 2016, this is probably about Trump trying to satisfy his ego or rationalize to himself as to why he "lost" the Jewish vote.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »

Trump is obviously a terrible person
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

Republicans can go f*** themselves. They constantly harp about Omar or Tlaib using antisemitic tropes and then use some themselves, as always it's a double standard. Do they really think this will make the vast majority of Jews, who already consistently vote Democratic, be more inclined to cross over? Jews see through this rhetoric. Republicans don't care about us, they only care about satisfying their evangelical dominionist base. If it wasn't a fantasy all along and Jesus were ever to return, they would stop even pretending to care.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 06:56:19 PM »

Fuzzy is a hypocrite for asking me, A PALESTINIAN to condemn a religious leader long dead, but yet won't condemn Trump's comments about Jews today. I'm pretty sure he's ONLY asking me to because I'm Palestinian
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »

Fuzzy is a hypocrite for asking me, A PALESTINIAN to condemn a religious leader long dead, but yet won't condemn Trump's comments about Jews today. I'm pretty sure he's ONLY asking me to because I'm Palestinian

Because he's giddy with excitement to see all the Jews die in the "end times."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »

You can't stand with David Ben Gurion and the Grand Mufti at the same time.  

Or either one at all as they're both long dead.

And most American Jews don't even care that much about Israel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies