OH woman arrested for painting racial slurs, "Hail Trump" on neighbor's house
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  OH woman arrested for painting racial slurs, "Hail Trump" on neighbor's house
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OH woman arrested for painting racial slurs, "Hail Trump" on neighbor's house  (Read 1650 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
« edited: July 16, 2018, 09:21:13 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »

If the Democrats promise her better jobs and stuff maybe she'll vote for them.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 08:19:33 PM »

Really stupid.

If I am the judge I would be talking to the NAACP and ADL for suggestions on an imaginative sentence for her.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:30:54 PM »

She also spray painted "Hail trump," yet Republicans still think that the increase in "this style" of hate crime has absolutely nothing to do with trump.
OK whatever. You can continue to look silly with your head in the sand.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »

Obviously a reprobate, but I deeply dislike this "economic anxiety" meme used by liberals to argue that any person who voted for Trump or abstained is an evil racist rather than admit that their strategy of pumping up St Hilary of Clinton was flawed.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »

Really stupid.

If I am the judge I would be talking to the NAACP and ADL for suggestions on an imaginative sentence for her.

If I'm in charge of the NAACP or the ADL, I'm calling for the death penalty.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »

The ADL is not a real civil rights organization.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 09:24:30 PM »

The ADL is not a real civil rights organization.

Showing your anti-semitism again Solid?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »

Obviously a reprobate, but I deeply dislike this "economic anxiety" meme used by liberals to argue that any person who voted for Trump or abstained is an evil racist rather than admit that their strategy of pumping up St Hilary of Clinton was flawed.

I don't recall anyone saying that all Trump voters were racists; I personally know some who are not.  But as this article illustrates, at least some Trump supporters ARE racists, and equate Trump with racism.

You're also attempting to define an either/or situation that doesn't exist.  Both of these things can be true: Clinton was a bad candidate, and many Trump supporters were motivated by racism.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 10:00:06 PM »

Unless it is a false flag, this suggests a connection between the President, racism, and fascism.

Plenty of people with economic anxiety do not turn to any form of fascism (which the swastika alone suggests, let alone the "Hail Trump" and the anti-black smear (the KKK is fascist, in my book).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »

Muh economic anxiety
Muh e-mails
Muh Shrillary!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 10:04:33 PM »

If the Democrats promise her better jobs and stuff maybe she'll vote for them.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 10:14:05 PM »

The point is that not everyone who voted for Trump did it for economic reasons and many that did did so based on the idea that evil non-white people stole their jobs. Without his inflammatory rhetoric Trump probably would not have won.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 10:15:30 PM »

We need a recession badly.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

I literally cannot fathom how the Clinton-cult cannot comprehend that the Economic Anxiety Theory applied solely to voters who switched from Obama to Trump; it was not intended to explain the partisan Republican who voted for Trump. Most likely, this woman already ditched the Democratic Party a long time ago (if she ever supported it).

As for the subject of the OP, that woman is abhorrent and deserved to be arrested.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

I literally cannot fathom how the Clinton-cult cannot comprehend that the Economic Anxiety Theory applied solely to voters who switched from Obama to Trump; it was not intended to explain the partisan Republican who voted for Trump. Most likely, this woman already ditched the Democratic Party a long time ago (if she ever supported it).

As for the subject of the OP, that woman is abhorrent and deserved to be arrested.
More likely she didn't vote before and she didn't vote for Trump either.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 11:52:01 PM »

I don't have problems with people thinking Hillary was flawed as she so obviously was, but I do have problems with those with those who couldn't grasp Trump was far more greatly flawed and his backers fall into two camps the bigots and the grifters (with considerably overlap).  They are deplorable.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 01:55:58 AM »

I don't think that's the point of the meme. It's to poke fun at how people, particularly the media, go out of their way to not point out the obvious of how racial animus motivates a non-insignificant portion of Trump's base and instead seek alternative explanations. How many liberals on here would actually be willing to claim that Hillary was the flawless, beautiful candidate we had all been waiting for other than Landslide Lyndon? Support for her was largely based as a counter to the alternative.

The Clinton cult is a rather unsuccessful one as far as cults go.

It's a really dumb theory too, because the data demonstrates that economic anxiety swings White voters leftward, not rightward. Obama---> Trump voters were quite heavily swayed by racial and immigration issues; a sizable portion of them voted Obama previously precisely because of economic anxiety and then proceeded to vote Trump due to racial resentment factors becoming more salient post-Obama. Looking at the White-working class vote in 2016, those who indicated that they were under the most financial stress were the most likely to vote Clinton.

The entire narrative is upside down. I see no problem in mocking it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 02:34:38 AM »

I don't think that's the point of the meme. It's to poke fun at how people, particularly the media, go out of their way to not point out the obvious of how racial animus motivates a non-insignificant portion of Trump's base and instead seek alternative explanations. How many liberals on here would actually be willing to claim that Hillary was the flawless, beautiful candidate we had all been waiting for other than Landslide Lyndon? Support for her was largely based as a counter to the alternative.

Um, I never said Clinton was the perfect candidate (there is no such thing anyway).
But I certainly thought she was much better than Sanders and Trump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 03:17:56 AM »

The Clinton cult is a rather unsuccessful one as far as cults go.

It's a really dumb theory too, because the data demonstrates that economic anxiety swings White voters leftward, not rightward. Obama---> Trump voters were quite heavily swayed by racial and immigration issues; a sizable portion of them voted Obama previously precisely because of economic anxiety and then proceeded to vote Trump due to racial resentment factors becoming more salient post-Obama. Looking at the White-working class vote in 2016, those who indicated that they were under the most financial stress were the most likely to vote Clinton.

The entire narrative is upside down. I see no problem in mocking it.

Tartarus sauce speaking the truth here!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 04:59:36 AM »

Can we please stop with this f**king "economic anxiety" meme already? Does anyone here actually have any clue how political identity formation works and that there's anything else relevant to one's politics beyond how woke you are?

I don't give a sh*t if you're upset at the prevalent racism. You're still being a pompous, ignorant, stereotyping cretin and it needs to stop.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »

More likely she didn't vote before and she didn't vote for Trump either.

If she went to the extent of spray-painting hail Trump on her neighbor's house, it's a pretty good bet she got her overweight ass out to vote for him as well.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 09:17:43 AM »

She also spray painted "Hail trump," yet Republicans still think that the increase in "this style" of hate crime has absolutely nothing to do with trump.
OK whatever. You can continue to look silly with your head in the sand.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »

To prevent this from getting sidetracked into a discussion of the "economic anxiety" meme (which tbh I only used in an attempt to be clever), I've updated the thread title to just reflect the facts of the case.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 11:20:59 AM »

To prevent this from getting sidetracked into a discussion of the "economic anxiety" meme (which tbh I only used in an attempt to be clever), I've updated the thread title to just reflect the facts of the case.

Thank you.

That person is obviously vile and belongs in jail.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies