NC-09: Harris questioned if careers were 'healthiest pursuit' for women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-09: Harris questioned if careers were 'healthiest pursuit' for women
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-09: Harris questioned if careers were 'healthiest pursuit' for women  (Read 1648 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »

pure tossup---> tilt D.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 04:16:05 PM »

Nothing surprising here.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »

Tilt D ===> Lean D. I was waiting for something like this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »

Nobody will care by November. Actually, nobody cares now.
BundouYMB

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »

My God, you're turning into Wulfric. Making the same banal statements in every thread. We get it, you don't think anything that happens before November 1 has any significance whatsoever because the electorate has a short attention span. Why are you even following politics at this point in the year if you think that?
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »

Shocking, an insurgent religious candidate says something chauvinistic. Seriously, I could've predicted this the moment Pittenger lost.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 05:33:18 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2018, 05:37:51 PM by IceSpear »

My God, you're turning into Wulfric. Making the same banal statements in every thread. We get it, you don't think anything that happens before November 1 has any significance whatsoever because the electorate has a short attention span. Why are you even following politics at this point in the year if you think that?

Look, I get it. It's a lot more "fun" to move the Wyoming Senate race to safe D based off this comment from a guy in North Carolina that nobody is paying attention to in July. But much to the chagrin of many here, that is not how politics works.

As far as why I'm following it, it's a combination of boredom and the fact that the primary elections are occasionally interesting.

Anyway, the Dem hacks shouldn't be too upset. I'm on your side a lot as well. Like when the people here panic about Dems dropping 0.3 points on the generic ballot in March or insisting Jon Tester making mean comments about Dr. Whatshisname in May will torpedo his re-election chances.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »

There’s nothing controversial about this statement. On top of that, no more than 10% of the electorate will even know or care about it. It changes nothing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 05:44:29 PM »

There’s nothing controversial about this statement. On top of that, no more than 10% of the electorate will even know or care about it. It changes nothing.

You forgot that probably 99% of that 10% were already locked into voting for him/against him. Wink
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 05:48:42 PM »

This is the logical conclusion if you nominate candidate from the religious right in 2018. Or just in general.

ahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha YEAAAAAAH BUDDY
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 05:50:32 PM »

In the context of the pulpit at a congregation self-selected to agree, arguable. In the context of someone running for office in a society governed by civil rather than religious law, and one in which many future constituents will not share such a view... no.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »

*Republican shoots handicapped person in the middle of Raleigh on live television*

Atlas: “Nobody will care about this in two hours”
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »

*Republican shoots handicapped person in the middle of Raleigh on live television*

Atlas Blue Avatar: "Not controversial, don't you libs like assisted suicide?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »

Reminder: the president of the United States was caught on tape admitting to multiple instances of sexual assault via the grabbing of pussies a month before the election and won anyway.

If Harris loses (I think he will), it won't be because of this comment.
UncleSam

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »

Look, I get it. It's a lot more "fun" to move the Wyoming Senate race to safe D based off this comment from a guy in North Carolina that nobody is paying attention to in July. But much to the chagrin of many here, that is not how politics works.

As far as why I'm following it, it's a combination of boredom and the fact that the primary elections are occasionally interesting.

Anyway, the Dem hacks shouldn't be too upset. I'm on your side a lot as well. Like when the people here panic about Dems dropping 0.3 points on the generic ballot in March or insisting Jon Tester making mean comments about Dr. Whatshisname in May will torpedo his re-election chances.
This, basically. IceSpear is light years ahead of most of you.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »

Reminder: the president of the United States was caught on tape admitting to multiple instances of sexual assault via the grabbing of pussies a month before the election and won anyway.

Teflon Don, though. Trump said so much absolutely insane s*** that it all managed to turn out inconsequential in the end.

Either way, NC-09 is unfortunately not the kind of district where this kind of gaffe might be particularly hurtful. I've got close ties to the district and, outside of the wishy washy Charlotte suburbs, you get into socially conservative territory real quick.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:58 PM »

Toss-Up -> Toss-Up
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 09:10:14 PM »

Teflon Don, though. Trump said so much absolutely insane s*** that it all managed to turn out inconsequential in the end.

Either way, NC-09 is unfortunately not the kind of district where this kind of gaffe might be particularly hurtful. I've got close ties to the district and, outside of the wishy washy Charlotte suburbs, you get into socially conservative territory real quick.

True, however if the Dems pick up the seat it will be because they do well in the Mecklenberg portion of the district and this likely won't go over well with the white collar transplant crowd in Ballantyne.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

True, however if the Dems pick up the seat it will be because they do well in the Mecklenberg portion of the district and this likely won't go over well with the white collar transplant crowd in Ballantyne.

True that. I've got family in the Ballantyne/Weddington/Matthews area and it's archetypal wishy washy white collar conservative suburbia in a lot of ways, not the kind of place a candidate like Harris would do well in. However, the rest of the district is still a tough sell. A lot of the district is rural and very much socially conservative. McCready is the right man for the job, though.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 10:56:28 PM »

True that. I've got family in the Ballantyne/Weddington/Matthews area and it's archetypal wishy washy white collar conservative suburbia in a lot of ways, not the kind of place a candidate like Harris would do well in. However, the rest of the district is still a tough sell. A lot of the district is rural and very much socially conservative. McCready is the right man for the job, though.

I certainly do not think it will be an easy pickup by any stretch of the imagination, but considering the climate, how far right Harris is and the white collar transplant population (in the more metro Charlotte portion of the district anyway) this is one to watch.  FWIW my parents are less than 1/2 a mile from the district (they are just over the state line in Indian Land)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 07:07:12 PM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 08:41:14 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies