Boehner: There is no Republican Party, only a Trump Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:09:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Boehner: There is no Republican Party, only a Trump Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boehner: There is no Republican Party, only a Trump Party  (Read 1403 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/31/politics/john-boehner-republican-party/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How do you interpret Boehner's remarks?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »

Boehner can go choke on whatever wine and cigars mix he’s using. He enabled the loons
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »

"He's a scumbag, but he's OUR scumbag!" - John Boehner

Trump's not a scumbag for his tweets, of course.  He's a scumbag for orchestrating a Hostile Takeover of the GOP.  So, in that sense, Boehner's correct; he gives a proper interpretation to Trump's rise.

That, btw, is why I rofl over these #NeverTrump types who didn't endorse Hillary and vote for her.  I mean, if Trump was THAT BAD, THAT AWFUL, THAT BIG AN HP, why would you NOT vote for Hillary?  And if you couldn't do that, why didn't they endorse Gary Johnson, who, by any measure, was "better" in the context I'm speaking about?

They couldn't because they wanted it both ways.  They wanted to wash their hands of the dirt from the Tweets and the comments and the Trump-being-Trump, but they wanted a "Signer-In-Chief" turning their legislation into law.  And that's what they have in Trump.  How hard is it to take Trump when he'll sign the legislation your House of Congress passes if you're a Republican?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »

Boehner can go choke on whatever wine and cigars mix he’s using. He enabled the loons

Trump's not a scumbag for his tweets, of course.  He's a scumbag for orchestrating a Hostile Takeover of the GOP.  So, in that sense, Boehner's correct; he gives a proper interpretation to Trump's rise.

That, btw, is why I rofl over these #NeverTrump types who didn't endorse Hillary and vote for her.  I mean, if Trump was THAT BAD, THAT AWFUL, THAT BIG AN HP, why would you NOT vote for Hillary?  And if you couldn't do that, why didn't they endorse Gary Johnson, who, by any measure, was "better" in the context I'm speaking about?

They couldn't because they wanted it both ways.  They wanted to wash their hands of the dirt from the Tweets and the comments and the Trump-being-Trump, but they wanted a "Signer-In-Chief" turning their legislation into law.  And that's what they have in Trump.  How hard is it to take Trump when he'll sign the legislation your House of Congress passes if you're a Republican?
ALL. OF. THIS.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »

This is all unfortunate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »

Democrats are favored in 2020 presidential election,  so it's not a surprise.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 11:44:36 AM »

ALL. OF. THIS.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »

ALL. OF. THIS.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »

There is nothing to mourn about the death of the Republican Party, the most wicked political party in world history.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »

There is nothing to mourn about the death of the Republican Party, the most wicked political party in world history.

Still pissed off about losing the war eh? Santander, the Last Confederate. Would be a fantastic action movie romcom Smiley.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 04:36:53 PM »

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »

Odd that Boehner would make this claim since 1) it's not really true and 2) most of the people who make this claim are hysterical #NeverTrumpers and Boehner doesn't appear to be one of them. So I don't know what his motive is to make this false statement.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »

ALL. OF. THIS.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 05:56:10 PM »

In the same interview Boehner said his view on gay rights had changed, and along with his work for the marijuana lobby, it's clear that he's found some 'principles' out of office.

Of course, there's a world where he's still Speaker, and he's still playing the exact same game that Paul Ryan is playing about Trumpism.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »

While true. At face value he is completely right that the party has become about nothing other than worshiping the Commander-In-Queef (credit to Rick and Morty for that one) and appeasing his egocentric, temperamentally unfit personality.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 07:22:08 PM »

While true. At face value he is completely right that the party has become about nothing other than worshiping the Commander-In-Queef (credit to Rick and Morty for that one) and appeasing his egocentric, temperamentally unfit personality.
And he is a queef. If a man ever was one, it would be DJT!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 10:55:05 PM »

I will note that Trump does not have a Trump loyalist installed as RNC Chair, given that Ms. McDaniel's uncle, Mitt Romney, didn't vote for Trump.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 11:47:24 PM »

ALL. OF. THIS.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 03:13:29 AM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 04:48:17 AM »

On short, the ideology is wonderful but the personality cult is horrible.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »

I will note that Trump does not have a Trump loyalist installed as RNC Chair, given that Ms. McDaniel's uncle, Mitt Romney, didn't vote for Trump.

LMAO.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 09:32:39 AM »

LMAO.

You would think that Trump would have put more of a loyalist at the RNC, given his Hostile Takeover mentality.  Someone like, say, Corey Lewandowski, for example, who's a Republican, but whose partisanship is pretty singular.

If you look at the folks who got bounced from the Trump Administration (Reince Priebus, Shawn Spicer, Rex Tillerson come to mind), you'll find that the Establishment Republicans whose loyalty is the most suspect were the ones that fit in the worst.  I'm sure that there will be a Trump loyalist in the RNC Chair at this time next year should the GOP lose either House of Congress.

Mitt Romney, btw, didn't help his niece by blathering out who he voted for in 2016.  Did he really need to do that now?  I think it's always a bad move for ANY pol under ANY circumstances to imply that they did not at least vote for their party's Presidential nominee, even if they aren't nuts about the candidate.  I don't see how Romney helped himself here.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 09:33:39 AM »

Still pissed off about losing the war eh? Santander, the Last Confederate. Would be a fantastic action movie romcom Smiley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-D33GlUfyw

Actually a really good song.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 12:09:10 AM »

Boehner and McConnell (along with Hillary and her posee) and their ilk are the reason people want political outsiders in. Trump is also still part of the problem. Cruz, Paul, Lee, Banks (my congressman), Amash and their allies are part of the solution.   
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 12:34:53 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2018, 12:38:10 AM by Virginia »

Boehner and McConnell (along with Hillary and her posee) and their ilk are the reason people want political outsiders in. Trump is also still part of the problem. Cruz, Paul, Lee, Banks (my congressman), Amash and their allies are part of the solution.  

I like the inclusion of Amash and to a lesser degree, Paul, but Ted Cruz? How? That guy is a showboat who cares more about self-promotion and symbolic stands than actual solutions. His role in the 2013 government shutdown speaks to that, but so does his toxic relationship with his colleagues. And if he was so principled, where is he now, when Trump and Republicans just dumped a massive pile of debt on this country for little actual return? The national debt was like this huge deal that we just couldn't move past just years ago, yet now no one even talks about it anymore. This is important for a "true conservative" like Cruz. Given all his other shortcomings, if he doesn't stick to his guns when the going gets tough, then he is nothing but a unhelpful, destructive partisan hack, which is actually less favorable than the standard spineless politician.

If anything, the Cruz types of the GOP are part of the problem. They only have strong conservative principles when a Democrat is in the White House, at which point they are willing to burn down the federal government via quixotic schemes they know are doomed to fail, all for reasons that are barely genuine at best. Then, when things get tough, they are no where to be found. It's really hard to overstate just how bad of an influence these kinds of politicians are.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies