How we can improve voter turnout in Atlasia Elections.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:11:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  How we can improve voter turnout in Atlasia Elections.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How we can improve voter turnout in Atlasia Elections.  (Read 1031 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:47:38 AM »

A healthy Atlasia democracy relies on electoral participation to ensure the legitimacy of its institutions.

All current representatives must encourage or discuss ways that the vote can be increased. It's the people's opportunity to have their say and make their voices heard. I belief that it is essential that people understand and appreciate that their democratic right to vote really can make a difference.

The Atlasia People Get What The Atlasia People Want!

Voting in elections means the people get their say in how things are run. If you like how things are run, then keep them that way by voting for things to stay the same. If you don't like things the way they are then you can change them by voting for something different.

BUT WE MUST GET MORE PEOPLE TO VOTE.

I look forward to suggestions on how this can be done certainly i expect elected people to respond to this post.
MissCatholic

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 12:03:31 PM »

I`m going to propose 6 ways to increae the vote.

1. We need to reach out to all registered members.

2. We must make it more accessible for people to vote from all districts.

3. We must promote the day of voting before it occurs.

4. We must reach out to guests and get them interested in the Atlasia governemnt.

5. We need to get across to the registered members who are representating them and what they stand for.

6. We must use a provisional ballot system to increase voter turnout.

I look forward to your replies.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:04:43 PM »

Most of the voters have long since left.  That is why I want to create a commision who sole purpose is to attract new voters and new citizens.
MissCatholic

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »

Just sent you a message...but have you discovered the reasons why voters have left. is there alot of apathy towards the current administration?

Do we need to promote to other users the members who are representing them?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:09:15 PM »

MissCatholic if you are from South Dakota than why are you using a European type font. I have only seen those odd apostrophies, with extra space in between them, on foreign, ie non-American, keyboards and only show up on the forum by posters who are outside of America. Can you please tell us why your font is like this and where you really are from?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

Even inactives?  Most people on this forum have a big problem with that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see how we can make it anymore accessible.  Everyone votes on the same ballot, which is clearly marked.

We already do this.

okay

We provide the info.  If you are too lazy to look it up, you shouldn't be voting.

Why would this increase turnout?  I think the system we have now increases turnout far better.
MissCatholic

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 12:26:32 PM »

I`ve sent you a message reagarding your question Senator Wixted. I can understand your remarks.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 12:27:30 PM »

I`m going to propose 6 ways to increae the vote.

2. We must make it more accessible for people to vote from all districts.

3. We must promote the day of voting before it occurs.

4. We must reach out to guests and get them interested in the Atlasia governemnt.

5. We need to get across to the registered members who are representating them and what they stand for.

6. We must use a provisional ballot system to increase voter turnout.

I look forward to your replies.

1. Whoa, even inactives? I'm fine with getting new people registered but I don't want the red and blue avatar squads on the voting roles again. We need to look towards getting active people into Atlasia not digging up inactives.

2. Don't see how we can do this. It is already as accessable as possible. We have a forum right on the top of this page that says VOTING BOOTH. If people can't find the election when it is right on top of the board then they should get checked out. On every ballot, in every election, we have always had clear explanations of how to vote on the first page of the voting booth.

3. We do this alot. Just look around the fantasy elections board every once and a while and you wont miss it. It is also right in the Fantasy Elections HQ at the top of the page. I think there is plenty of notice. If people don't know when the election is then they obviously don't know enough about Atlasia to make a substantive vote.

4. Fine by me. Why don't you start?

5. They should know this. If they don't know this they can always look on the AtlasWiki and the HQ thread, as well as the Office of the Attorney General and the Government Directory. If they can't find out who is representing them then they don't care enough to actually find out.

6. How the hell would this actually work? Seriously this is a horrible idea and it wouldn't do anything. The ten day rule doesn't really make things much worse for newbies since very few people actually register in that ten day period. I registered seven days before the October election and I didn't become inactive because I couldn't vote.

Only 4 is actually a good idea and you can do that on your own if you like.
MissCatholic

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:30:01 PM »

I`m just throwing around some ideas. But at least we all recognise that their is a problem. so hopefully we can get more people to express their ideas.

thanks for your views though Senator Wixted.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 12:33:21 PM »

Just sent you a message...but have you discovered the reasons why voters have left. is there alot of apathy towards the current administration?

Do we need to promote to other users the members who are representing them?

The reason why many have left is because they have jobs, families... or they were disaffected, someway, by other on the forum... specifically Demrepdan.
MissCatholic

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 12:35:37 PM »

Could e-mailing registered members help? give them an idea of when a vote is happening.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »

Could e-mailing registered members help? give them an idea of when a vote is happening.

This is actually a controversial issue.  We want informed voters, not people who simply vote every 2 months and have no idea what is going on.
MissCatholic

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 12:43:20 PM »

Well we are here to solve difficult problems now arent we.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 01:40:14 PM »

I applaud your interest in this area, and I think that Supersoulty's idea of making a group to solve these problems is a very good idea.  If you guys do make this commission, I would gladly take part.
I never really saw a problem with attracting new voters from other threads by pm-ing them.  I can see the concern with the disadvantage to conservatives and independents, as they have less people then we liberals do, but I think that a tri-partisan (if you will) commission could make a GOTV program that would increase participation in Atlasian politics.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 02:59:54 PM »

What the hell would that do,  to put it bluntly? It would just make more people vote around election time and not lead to actual participation in Atlasia. I think the idea of a committee or commission to advertise and recruit new members would be a better idea. Spreading the word on the forum about Fantasy Politics would also help. We need to focus on getting good active people involved. Since you cannot tell who will be active their are two things we can do to combat this. Either A) Get many people to join, as many as possible and hope that some stay around and get active in Fantasy Politics or B) Target select individuals that we either see on the Atlas Forum or in other forums and tell them and sell them Atlasia and Fantasy Politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies