Jay Inslee vs. Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:38:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Jay Inslee vs. Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jay Inslee vs. Trump  (Read 365 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »

What would the map look like?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 08:45:19 AM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »

It'd be the same map you'd get with most any other mainstream Democratic nominee.

I used to really like Inslee as a candidate, but his failure to get I-1631 across the finish line destroyed my confidence in him as an effective politician.  He seems competent and likeable enough, and I wouldn't be upset if he were somehow able to snag the nomination, but there's nothing exceptional about his political skill.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »

It'd be the same map you'd get with most any other mainstream Democratic nominee.

I used to really like Inslee as a candidate, but his failure to get I-1631 across the finish line destroyed my confidence in him as an effective politician. 

Not to defend Inslee, but WA voters don't go for big tax increases, pretty much ever.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »

Not to defend Inslee, but WA voters don't go for big tax increases, pretty much ever.

True, and it makes it all the more baffling that Inslee staked so much of his political capital/reputation on the initiative, and then basically walked away from the campaign as it was approaching the finish line.

I like Inslee's emphasis on climate change, and I think his heart is in the right place.  But if as a popular governor he couldn't get his signature legislation passed in liberal Washington state, why should I think he'd be any more effective in gridlocked Washington DC?
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:27:23 PM »

2016 - MI.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »

True, and it makes it all the more baffling that Inslee staked so much of his political capital/reputation on the initiative, and then basically walked away from the campaign as it was approaching the finish line.

I like Inslee's emphasis on climate change, and I think his heart is in the right place.  But if as a popular governor he couldn't get his signature legislation passed in liberal Washington state, why should I think he'd be any more effective in gridlocked Washington DC?

Outside oil companies spent something like $30 billion to oppose l-1631, compared to $15 billion in support. I heard from acquaintances that their intended goal was a 30-70 No vote (the actual vote was more like 44-56).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies