Opinion of Huey Long (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:17:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Huey Long (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Opinion of Huey Long  (Read 851 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 04, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
« edited: January 20, 2014, 02:09:44 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

MAJOR FF.

One of the finest men ever to hold elected office and one of my all-time favorites. A true fighter for the poor man. Yes, there was an element of graft to his reign, but Louisiana has always been one of the most corrupt states. To me, his unprecedented investments in the state's infrastructure and schools was much more important. I wish we had more like him here in Louisiana.
I can see why people admire Long, and I think he did have good intentions. He had the philosophy of "helping people out, and getting some cash on the side". While his policies were awful in my opinion, he had good intentions, and I am able to excuse most of his corruption.

This is roughly my opinion of James Michael Curley, with the exception of certain roles of his in certain dam projects we could name, which for cultural and family reasons I find hard to forgive.

As for Long, I think Dr. Cynic has the right idea; I think he's a more admirable figure than not, but not entirely so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies