Is this really going to run into May? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:52:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is this really going to run into May? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this really going to run into May?  (Read 2935 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: March 07, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »

I did some very rough estimates earlier. I found that even if Mitt won literally every single delegate at stake between now and through the April 24th primaries (which we know is officially impossible due to proportional allocation, for example), he'd only have 1,102 delegates not counting the RNC members.

So unless someone or several candidates drop out, is this contest really going to go into May? It's almost insane to think considering so many of us thought Romney would be going 3 for 3 in the early states.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »

Tongue

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »

We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.

HE SAID IT AGAIN! HE SAID THE "C" WORD! UNBELIEVABLE!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

Yes, another gem from the Romney ranks: "You guys are dragging this out and making us look bad! Just ignore the almost 100% negative campaign we are running..."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »

The horrible thing about PA is Romney gets to spin it either way. He gets demolished? Ok. It is the state Rick represented for how long? If it's close, see Michigan. If it's a blow out and Romney has more of his delegates elected (remember, guys: our Presidential vote is a beauty contest. We directly elect delegates and they're technically unpledged) then it really is a big win for him. I don't know how many delegate candidates are sympathetic to Rick while I know that Romney has plenty since he's the establishment choice. This makes me fear that the latter scenario I listed is most likely.

PA will seriously come down to a GOTV effort and presence at the polls pushing certain slates of delegates. Insane. I'm sure there will also be mailers that specifically say "If you support X for President, you must vote for these people: ______"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies