The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 47521 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« on: May 02, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »

Saw a Libertarian meme from one of our former Louisiana posters saying that giving people the ability to purchase insurance is freedom but providing everyone insurance is "slavery". It's probably a bizarre, widely held belief by libertarians and the right.

Had a friend who believed the same way. Taxes are evil, a form of slavery but if everyone had the freedom to choose and buy what they want then heck yeah, Merica! Basically these kinds of folks, esp economic libertarians ignore reality. Most ppl in this country can't afford increased premiums and cadillac plans - that's why the subsidies and exchanges were set up. Those are unfortunately failing. At this point, it looks more likely that the next Dem president will go for outright single payer.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »

Yes, no, lean yes updated count at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republicans-health-care-bill_us_5909fdf9e4b02655f84314af?eth

Getting closer and Spicer said they won't go to a vote unless they are sure of passage. Tom Garrett of VA-5 said they are prepared to go into the weekend to get the votes and assure passage.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:11:53 AM »

The House vote is planned for today https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-plan-health-care-vote-on-thursday-capping-weeks-of-fits-and-starts/2017/05/03/e7dd7c28-306d-11e7-9dec-764dc781686f_story.html?utm_term=.e0e8c7a472d9
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

CNN reporting that the Rocky theme song was played and Ryan held up pictures of Patton and gave moto quotes to motivate the Reps. Kinda hilarious if it wasn't tragic to pass this POS.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »

Renacci on CNN saying how he would vote for it and it gives more freedom to the states (to cut people off) and I'm running for governor too all while dithering. Man this guy is a worm if I ever saw one.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »

Pelosi: "it was dead and now it's come back to life, like a zombie!" She must have read this thread haha
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

The vast majority of hard working American middle class families will pay less - that's the only thing that really cares and the reason why I can only smile when reading how bad this will be for the GOP in 2018. Forget about it. Obamacare is a failure, everyone knows it, even Dems in the Debate had to aknowledge that. Opposition to AHCA is only based to the typical media and Dem #FakeNews and hyperboles. As soon as the vast majority of people is seeing that they save money and are better off, the approval will get over 50%.

And now pass that bill! With a bit more than 1 vote...

What world are you living in? Because this shifts funding to the states again and allows for an opt-out, states that are strapped will take the opt-out shifting higher premium costs to the poor and middle class yet again. Economies of scale, economics, etc really aren't big things for these conservatives, esp the freedom (TP extremist) caucus.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »

According to Tim Alberta, Paul Ryan is amazingly nervous, can't sit or stand still....

As well he should be pushing this heap.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

Comment on the Twitter search #AHCA "Oh @SpeakerRyan, you evil f-ing elf, you. #AHCA" I died laughing
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 12:57:43 PM »

From a Twitter post in the #AHCA search

"Cases upon cases of beer just rolled into the Capitol on a cart covered in a sheet. Spotted Bud Light peeking out from the sheet"

Figures they would celebrate with the worst of all "beer" but celebrate they will! Disgusting.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »

From a Twitter post in the #AHCA search

"Cases upon cases of beer just rolled into the Capitol on a cart covered in a sheet. Spotted Bud Light peeking out from the sheet"

Figures they would celebrate with the worst of all "beer" but celebrate they will! Disgusting.

Man. I know I say this a lot, but I really hate Republicans. Sometimes I forget how much I want them all to be diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease.

Dana Bash on CNN reporting that she hears them practicing their talking points in the background. Trump has invited them all to the WH if it passes for a celebration, buses waiting.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »

And here it comes.  Dem House in 2018 almost guaranteed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies