The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The TrumpCare comes back from the dead (...and lives!) thread  (Read 47519 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 27, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »

Also have these guys failed to realize that Donald Trump is supremely unpopular and thus the law they want to pass needs some popularity in order to, well, pass?

Every Republican not named Dent or Ros-Lehtinen thinks they represent Louie Gohmert's district. Hell, a lot of Democrats act that way too.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »

Passing this bill by one vote would be great. Every single Republican gets hit with "cast the deciding vote to murder sick poor children" ads.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 12:53:39 PM »

The vast majority of hard working American middle class families will pay less - that's the only thing that really cares and the reason why I can only smile when reading how bad this will be for the GOP in 2018. Forget about it. Obamacare is a failure, everyone knows it, even Dems in the Debate had to aknowledge that. Opposition to AHCA is only based to the typical media and Dem #FakeNews and hyperboles. As soon as the vast majority of people is seeing that they save money and are better off, the approval will get over 50%.

And now pass that bill! With a bit more than 1 vote...

2015: Trump won't win the primary
2016: Trump won't win New Hampshire
2016: Trump has a ceiling
2016: BluewallBluewallBluewallBluewallBluewall
2016: Waaaaah!
2017: This bill won't pass the House.
2017: This bill won't pass the Senate.

Hmmm.....

Finally, the forum's two greatest minds interacting.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »

From a Twitter post in the #AHCA search

"Cases upon cases of beer just rolled into the Capitol on a cart covered in a sheet. Spotted Bud Light peeking out from the sheet"

Figures they would celebrate with the worst of all "beer" but celebrate they will! Disgusting.

Man. I know I say this a lot, but I really hate Republicans. Sometimes I forget how much I want them all to be diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 01:11:24 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen a proposal that sums up the Republican ideals better than "Insurers should charge women extra if they get raped."  
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »

They're HP's that aren't complete morons.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 02:07:58 PM »

I have a suspicion most of the Sun Belt R's don't realize how blue their seats are getting. Issa, Royce, McSally, etc. may be writing off Trump's performance as a flash in the pan.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2017, 04:06:28 PM by Torie »

Some of you guys need to chill with these low-blow attacks. Yes, these Republicans who voted for this are scumbags and I want them to lose their seats and hopefully face their conscience no less than anyone else here. In fact, I already wrote my Congressman who voted for this law a very strongly worded message of condemnation. But hoping their children get chronic conditions? Wanting them to get hit by an ambulance? Come on, you know that's not right.

Republicans have repeatedly shown their sense of compassion is only activated if they or someone they care about struggles with the issue at hand. It takes their children coming out as gay to treat gay people with any sense of respect. It takes years of torture in a Vietnam PoW camp to realize that torturing our enemies not is bad. ... [Deleted by Torie]
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »

Some of you guys need to chill with these low-blow attacks. Yes, these Republicans who voted for this are scumbags and I want them to lose their seats and hopefully face their conscience no less than anyone else here. In fact, I already wrote my Congressman who voted for this law a very strongly worded message of condemnation. But hoping their children get chronic conditions? Wanting them to get hit by an ambulance? Come on, you know that's not right.

Republicans have repeatedly shown their sense of compassion is only activated if they or someone they care about struggles with the issue at hand. It takes their children coming out as gay to treat gay people with any sense of respect. It takes years of torture in a Vietnam PoW camp to realize that torturing our enemies not is bad. So yes, I absolutely hope Jason's Chaffetz's kids all have to be put into iron lungs.

Because it's the fault of those kids that Chaffetz is a coward? More dead people aren't going to make the situation better.

Ironic coming from the biggest supporter of Israel's treatment of Palestinian children.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »

Side note: F**k all the Democrats cheering the passing of this thing because of the possibility of more seats they can win. Try to act you care A LITTLE about the people you're supposed to be protecting from the GOP's bulls**t.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »

Republicans have repeatedly shown their sense of compassion is only activated if they or someone they care about struggles with the issue at hand. It takes their children coming out as gay to treat gay people with any sense of respect. It takes years of torture in a Vietnam PoW camp to realize that torturing our enemies not is bad. So yes, I absolutely hope Jason's Chaffetz's kids all have to be put into iron lungs.

Because it's the fault of those kids that Chaffetz is a coward? More dead people aren't going to make the situation better.

Ironic coming from the biggest supporter of Israel's treatment of Palestinian children.

I have never posted anything about Israel on this forum. You probably are confusing me with DavidB.

Damn, you are correct. Reported for impersonating DavidB., how dare you trick me.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 04:05:44 PM »

I agree with Mondale. I will predict the "moderate" R's in the senate to vote for passage up until they proven me wrong.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 09:58:26 AM »

Before SS and Medicare, the percentage of elderly people in poverty was astronomical. If your adult kids couldn't afford to support you, you were up a creek. Living with adult children stopped being a realistic approach when we transitioned away from an agrarian society.

People weren't living healthy, independent lives before the New Deal. They were dying poor, broke, sick and alone.

That is all true but we've changed radically since the 1930s. People are living longer, our living standards have gone up (some would argue that's because of the New Deal but I don't know I agree), and there's abundant new technology to allow our seniors to live better lives.

So, why can't we shift to a system where we allow people to save more for retirement and bring a decent market based healthcare system to help deal with senior health issues?

At the very least Social Security and Medicare should go back to being for the aged and truly disabled, rather than the expansive government programs they are. Essentially we already have a single payer program named Medicare and Medicaid in this country.

People don't want market based solutions. They don't want to be given a 401k. They want to be able to get cancer and not worry about paying for chemo.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 03:00:26 AM »

It's this steadfast refusal to admit that maybe there's this ONE thing that privatization and the free market isn't a remedy for. That's what so frustrating about the Republicans view on healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies