PPP: Miscellaneous polling questions that the whole family can enjoy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:41:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PPP: Miscellaneous polling questions that the whole family can enjoy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: Miscellaneous polling questions that the whole family can enjoy!  (Read 537 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
« edited: October 24, 2013, 04:19:48 PM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5MGK37S

Two page survey
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »

Sharktopus
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

Sharknado (normal)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

Some early findings:

Sharknado is insanely popular among Laborites.

Federalists seem divided between Sharkopus and Sharknado, this choice is clearly a battle for the very soul of the party.

The Progressives are all over the place on this question, which shouldn't be surprising given their ideological diversity.

Dinoshark vs. Crocosaurus is clearly the anti-duopoly movie having received support from every party affiliation option except for Labor and the Federalist Party.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »

On a more serious note, other early findings:

No Mideasterners polled thus far support JCL's abortion proposal (including Federalists) with 71.43% saying they are less likely to vote for someone who supported for the bill.

A large plurality of Northeasterners voted for the Senate candidate they thought was "his own man." 

The IDS is the most strongly opposed to regional consolidation. 

The Midwest strongly supports Maxwell's efforts to make it easier to expel inactive Senators.

The Pacific loves Talleyrand.

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »

I guess SirNick and I are "Other."
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »

A large plurality of Northeasterners voted for the Senate candidate they thought was "his own man." 

Interesting. I wonder which one of us wasn't their own man? Tongue
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »

So I voted Dinoshark vs. Crocosaurus.....
Lumine got my first preference last election...
it would be extremely close, but Duke/Matt would probably get my first preference in an election...
And my three top preferences so far is me, dempgh, and talleyrand.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that...my bad Tongue Sad
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »

I get the sense that the NE candidates in general were the most individualistic and least party-driven in the eyes of the voters, so it might just be a common NE sentiment, rather than a preference for one or the other.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »

I get the sense that the NE candidates in general were the most individualistic and least party-driven in the eyes of the voters, so it might just be a common NE sentiment, rather than a preference for one or the other.
There are more Independents than any other party registered in the NE, so that would make sense.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 05:06:18 AM »

Poll doesn't work - there are no truthful answers (for me) provided for question four and I cannot leave it blank either.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »

With 42 respondents, we will begin releasing data

What party do you belong to?

The Labor Party: 33.33%

The Federalist Party: 28.57%

The Progressive Union: 11.90%

NM-AM 4.76%

Independent 16.67%

Other 4.76%

I would argue this is a pretty fair breakdown although NM-AM may be slightly under-represented, it it is concentrated primarily in one region and gets a lot of support from Laborites, so it makes sense that it lags behind the other parties in registration.

Which ticket received your first preference in the October 2013 Presidential election? Poll Results (Actual First round results)

Duke/Matt 40.48% (42%)

Dr. Cynic/Adam Griffin 21.43% (19%)

JCL/Pingvin 4.76% (4%)

Dallasfan65/Jbrase 9.52% (9%)

LumineVonReuental/Superique 11.90% (13%)

Xahar/ilikeverin 2.38% (2%)

Other (Sorry DemPGH, my bad Sad ) 9.52% (12%)

Didn't vote/My ballot was invalidated 0% (2%)

In other words, while the numbers are generally about 2% off, this still suggests that this poll represents provides us with a very accurate snapshot of the October 2013 electorate. 

Duke/Matt 38.10%

Averroes Nix/DemPGH 26.19%

Polnut/Tmth 11.90%

Snowguy/Bacon King 9.52%

Napoleon/Nathan 7.14%

Nathan/North Carolina Yankee 4.76%

Marokai/Duke 2.38%

Although they were just elected, Duke/Matt has a clear lead over Nix/DemPGH.  However, Nix/DemPGH trounced all of the other historical tickets.  This question may also be pertinent to the recent debate between former Presidents Snowguy and Polnut.  Apparently Atlasians do not have fond memories of the Marduke era Tongue

Do you support or oppose the Duke game reform plan? If you oppose it, why?

50% of Atlasians supported the Duke plan.  Of those who oppose it, however, 21% do so because they want all regions abolished, 32% will not support it because it includes a bicameral legislature, and the remaining 47% will not support any plan that reduces the number of regions. 

Meanwhile, Senator Maxwell's proposal to make it easier to expel inactive Senators has the support of 65.75% of Atlasians.

Coming soon: At-Large Senate, Candidate strengths and weaknesses, regional idiosyncrasies, and more.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »

So I goofed, I forgot to lock the poll before releasing data.  Now it is locked, but at 48 respondents Tongue  The good news is that the numbers are pretty similar although the numbers are pretty similar.  The only noteworthy change is that the new results are slightly less Duke/Matt friendly.  However, it still provides a very good snapshot of the October electorate.  Fortunately, the new respondents were pretty evenly distributed.  A lot more data will be released later tonight.  In the meantime:

Atlasians oppose Assemblyman JCL's abortion bill by a margin of 84.09% to 15.91%.  Of those who oppose it, a whopping 78.38% say that they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who supported the bill.  On the other hand, only 42.86% of the bill's supporters say they'd be more likely to support a candidate who supported the bill.  It should be noted that only a little more than half of the Atlasians who would be less likely to vote for a candidate who supported this bill were members of either Labor or the NM-AM.  As will be discussed in more detail later, even just over half of all Federalists polled oppose the bill, including some who would be more likely to oppose a candidate who supported it. 

Ultimately, it appears that Assemblyman JCL stepped on a political land-mine when he introduced this bill and could well suffer the consequences this November.  OTOH, Speaker Inks' decision to break with the Federalist majority in the Assembly on this bill looks better and better in hindsight.  There is certainly a chance that another staunch supporter of this bill, Assemblyman Oldiesfreak1854, could become collateral damage in the Mideast abortion debate.  However, the question is not whether this bill has damaged the Federalist brand both nationally and in the Mideast.  The real question is whether we're looking at a rough patch or a regional wave election on the horizon.  In fact, given that 72.73% of Mideasterners said they'd be less likely to vote for a candidate who supported this bill, it just might be time to start asking whether...just maybe...Governor ZuWo might be vulnerable against a strong candidate come January if he runs for re-election.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »

These are excellent findings! Great job X!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »

These are excellent findings! Great job X!

Thanks Smiley

More to come tonight and tomorrow!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies