Post your maps: President Trump has become a dictator in every way except name
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:27:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Post your maps: President Trump has become a dictator in every way except name
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your maps: President Trump has become a dictator in every way except name  (Read 1086 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »

The people love him.

anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »

Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:58 PM »

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »

(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »

Wait, is that map right.  Illinois only has the same number of electoral votes as Pennsylvania?

-That's been the case since 2004. Before that, PA had one more. Truly, your ignorance astounds me.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »

He's presupposing that Trump will be a dictator.  Dictators don't allow more than token opposition.  That's way more than just token opposition.

I think even if he established a "postmodern dictatorship" there would still be relatively major official opposition. Think something like Rumsfeldia or Fear Itself.
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »

Wait, is that map right.  Illinois only has the same number of electoral votes as Pennsylvania?

-That's been the case since 2004. Before that, PA had one more. Truly, your ignorance astounds me.

lmao, because I haven't memorized the electoral college count for various states?  I'm sorry, I need to work all day, I guess you have time for that though.

-Why would it be surprising PA and IL have nearly identical populations?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »

He seems like the go big or go home type though. 

The pretense of democracy must remain to secure his legitimacy in this scenario. Think Russia or Turkey, except with a much greater need to maintain the illusion.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »

I guess, but there are examples of much bigger electoral wins than that in fair elections... e.g., Reagan... Obama's 2008 win might even be bigger than that one or at least close to it.

But that's pre-hyperpolarization. Nowadays it wouldn't be believable.

This is all just my take on the whole scenario.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

Some states remain Democratic to give Trump a foil to run against, a "failed elite" that he could point to as his supposed opposition.
Eharding

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »

Wait, is that map right.  Illinois only has the same number of electoral votes as Pennsylvania?

lmao, because I haven't memorized the electoral college count for various states?  I'm sorry, I need to work all day, I guess you have time for that though.

It's entirely reasonable to be surprised by that.  Chicago is (or at least appears to be) a much bigger city than Philadelphia.  I travel to both of those cities a lot for work and Chicago is enormous with a huge skyline, lots of big buildings, lots of hustling parts of town.  Philadelphia's downtown is like 5 big buildings.  It gives the appearance that Chicago is much much bigger, and I would have assumed that much of the population of each state would be in Chicago and Philly's metro area.  Therefore I would have thought that Illinois would be a bigger state overall.  But I guess not.  Perhaps it's because Pennsylvania also has Pittsburg.  I don't know (or care all that much anyways... at least not enough to research it beyond wikipedia).

-Cook County alone has 41% of IL's population. Philadelphia and Allegheny counties combined have 21.5% of PA's population. That's why PA, unlike IL, is a swing state.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/CartogramPresidentialCounty1968Colorbrewer.gif
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 09:47:06 PM »

It's entirely reasonable to be surprised by that.  Chicago is (or at least appears to be) a much bigger city than Philadelphia.  I travel to both of those cities a lot for work and Chicago is enormous with a huge skyline, lots of big buildings, lots of hustling parts of town.  Philadelphia's downtown is like 5 big buildings.  It gives the appearance that Chicago is much much bigger, and I would have assumed that much of the population of each state would be in Chicago and Philly's metro area.  Therefore I would have thought that Illinois would be a bigger state overall.  But I guess not.  Perhaps it's because Pennsylvania also has Pittsburg.  I don't know (or care all that much anyways... at least not enough to research it beyond wikipedia).

Yeah, but Illinois has two big cities(Chicago and Aurora). Pennsylvania has many(Reading, Erie, Allentown, Scranton, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Bethlehem being the main ones you missed). Harrisburg, the ninth largest city in Pennsylvania, has almost 600,000 people in its metropolitan area.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 11:45:56 PM »

This is a nice thread but not dictator. God-Emperor, man. God-Emperor is the proper nomenclature for this scenario.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 01:31:55 AM »

After the 2018 midterms, Trump cancels all future elections, only to be killed on the Ides of March, 2019. His last words were "Et tu, Mike Pence? Then fall Donald." President Pence brings a return to elections... only to be annihilated in 2020, 483-0.

Closest state was Utah, which wasn't called until November 18.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 02:00:11 AM »

I made a county map (that I already posted on AH.com): http://i.imgur.com/5enLGcP.png

Translated to a state map, I think Trump wins everywhere except maybe Utah.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 02:05:15 AM »

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 02:09:29 AM »

I made a county map (that I already posted on AH.com): http://i.imgur.com/5enLGcP.png

I think Gabbard/West would win Wyoming of all states. She won in the counties that have Cheyenne and Caspar. Utah is definitely a possibility too.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

I think Gabbard/West would win Wyoming of all states. She won in the counties that have Cheyenne and Caspar. Utah is definitely a possibility too.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 11:16:14 PM »

347: Donald Trump/Mary Fallin(Republican) - 55.4%
112: Tulsi Gabbard/Bill De Blasio(Democratic) - 24.8%
79: Tim Ashe/Andre Barnett(Extremist Alliance) - 19.6%
Others - 0.2%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 11:18:04 PM »

every state except

Utah (where the Utah Independence Party gets 51% of the vote, but Utah hasn't made as real of an effort toward independence as this other state)

and

California, Oregon, and Washington (declared its independence, currently fighting a war with the United States with allies of Oregon, Washington, Mexico, and others)
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 11:39:45 PM »

Polarization.

States controlled by Republicans top to bottom do not hold fair election. Disallow Minorities from voting for spurious reasons and close down all polling stations in Black areas of the South.  

Meanwhile places like New England, NY, and the Pacific Coast hold fair elections and Trump loses badly in most cases, and Mitt Romney or McMullin as the anti-Trump conservative takes much of his vote away in the Northeast. But it is known beforehand that Trump has lockdown on Electoral College win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies