Why was the GOP never able to take out Barbara Boxer in CA? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:07:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why was the GOP never able to take out Barbara Boxer in CA? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why was the GOP never able to take out Barbara Boxer in CA?  (Read 426 times)
sg0508
United States

« on: March 16, 2014, 02:15:24 PM »

Yes, the CA democratic party has a death grip on the statewide politics. We know that, but this lady just keeps finding ways to walk between the raindrops.  In '98, Matt Fong was tied with here until the final two weeks and then proceeded to lose by 10 points.  In 2010, it was practically the same story. 

True, it's not like the GOP put up terrific opponents, particularly a moderate who could neutralize her "too conservative for CA" nonsense rhetoric, but it really amazes me.  While I've voted for more democrats lately at most levels than Republicans, I wouldn't vote for her.  She pulls the constant "proud liberal" thing every freakin' time she's up for re-election and it works. 

Even in '92 when she was first elected, there were rumors about her passing bad checks (or something in that nature) and she still won. 

Maybe she retires before 2016, but for a lady who gets up there in the Senate and often doesn't sound very intelligent from her rhetoric, it amazes me how she can constantly just use her knowledge of the CA electorate to her advantage and not pay for it, which a lot of other politicians (liberal and conservative in other solid blue/red states, respectively) can't get away with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies