New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:06:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York City mayoral election, 2017 thread  (Read 35056 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: September 10, 2016, 12:51:58 PM »

Dov Hikind is the worst the Jewish-American community has to offer.  The man is an absolute disgrace.

Somehow I doubt that.

I was being semi-sarcastic when I said he should run but calling him the Jewish Al Sharpton is harsh.

I mean ignoring his general bigotry, endorsement of Trump, support for people who commit hate crimes against Muslims, the fact that he dressed up in blackface for a party, has said gay marriage will lead to "incest and beastality," his corruption (pretty sure he was actually indicted at one point), and his support for racial profiling, there's also the fact that hid evidence of over 1,000 cases of sexual abuse at orthodox Yeshivas in NYC.

Not everyone has to agree with gay marriage.

If you want to win election in a major Northeastern city in the present day you do.

+100. Bloomberg did win elections in NYC as Republican, but as very moderate (in fact - liberal) pro-choice, pro-SSM Republican. No socially conservative Republican needs to apply... Just as pro-choice and pro-SSM Democrat can't win gubernatorial election in Louisiana or Mississippi.

JBE is anti-choice, but he isn't exactly anti-SSM.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:51:25 PM »

Dov Hikind is the worst the Jewish-American community has to offer.  The man is an absolute disgrace.

Somehow I doubt that.

I was being semi-sarcastic when I said he should run but calling him the Jewish Al Sharpton is harsh.

I mean ignoring his general bigotry, endorsement of Trump, support for people who commit hate crimes against Muslims, the fact that he dressed up in blackface for a party, has said gay marriage will lead to "incest and beastality," his corruption (pretty sure he was actually indicted at one point), and his support for racial profiling, there's also the fact that hid evidence of over 1,000 cases of sexual abuse at orthodox Yeshivas in NYC.

Not everyone has to agree with gay marriage.
No, not everyone has to agree, but saying gay marriage will lead to "incest and bestiality" is pretty bad. Interesting that you focus on that while ignoring the rest of Hikind's awfulness.

Also, everyone has to agree with gay marriage if they want to be Mayor of New York.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:33:16 AM »

Maybe Gore, Kerry, Dukakis, Romney, Mondale, and Dole can also run?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies