Survivor megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Survivor megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Author Topic: Survivor megathread  (Read 16338 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2020, 06:07:23 PM »

Adam was playing way too aggressive again and he paid the price for it. He should of kept his mouth shut...  Lmao thinking the Fleur-de-lis attached to Jeff’s podium was a HII.

I think that we may very well see hidden immunity idols/other advantages at Tribal Councils in future seasons now though.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2020, 08:49:09 AM »

Not an Adam fan at all but that would have been epic if it was a hidden immunity idol.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2020, 10:36:45 PM »

Tony set an all-time record on tonight's episode by having 18 confessionals in a single episode.

It was a really legendary single episode performance, considering that he:

-Found an idol in the dark
-Positioned himself as the swing vote
-Overcame a disadvantage by convincing his tribemates (from 2 different alliances) to give him their fire tokens
-Won the immunity challenge
-Led a blindside of a real threat to win the game

Thinking back to his season in Cagayan, I'm surprised that Tony doesn't get more love as the Survivor GOAT.  He's like Russell Hantz if Russell knew how to not make his tribemates hate him.

In terms of the greatest players of all time, I would go with Tony, Kim, Parvati, and Rob.  The latter two get the recognition they deserve, but the former two really don't.  Yul is probably on that list too, although his win in Cook Islands was really helped by twists.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2020, 07:11:39 AM »

I loved last night's episode. The blindside of Sophie was an amazing play. She had an idol and didn't see it coming.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »

Tony set an all-time record on tonight's episode by having 18 confessionals in a single episode.

It was a really legendary single episode performance, considering that he:

-Found an idol in the dark
-Positioned himself as the swing vote
-Overcame a disadvantage by convincing his tribemates (from 2 different alliances) to give him their fire tokens
-Won the immunity challenge
-Led a blindside of a real threat to win the game

Thinking back to his season in Cagayan, I'm surprised that Tony doesn't get more love as the Survivor GOAT.  He's like Russell Hantz if Russell knew how to not make his tribemates hate him.

In terms of the greatest players of all time, I would go with Tony, Kim, Parvati, and Rob.  The latter two get the recognition they deserve, but the former two really don't.  Yul is probably on that list too, although his win in Cook Islands was really helped by twists.

It's Tony, the only reason he won Cagayan is because everyone post merge except Spencer and Cass were morons. He also killed every relationship outside of Nick. Nobody else is going to side with him and will boot him well before the final now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2020, 05:31:49 PM »

Last night was the Tony show, but I agree with MasterJedi - I could easily see everyone else teaming up next week and taking him out (though they'll have to be careful since he has an idol).

Right now it is a game of duos:
Ben and Sarah (yuck)
Kim and Denise (my two favorites left)
Nick and Tony (morons)
Jeremy and Michelle (I like them, but don't think either have played a great game)

Hopefully they take out Tony next vote, then Kim and Denise team back up with Jeremy and Michelle to knock out Nick, Tony, Ben and Sarah. Still have the EoE wildcard to consider as well.

Parvati said at the beginning of the season that "we'd like who is in the finale." Maybe she was just throwing a curveball, but I can't imagine a scenario where Sarah or Nick make it as both are pretty universally unpopular. Arguably the same with Ben, though he has some fans.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »

Last night was the Tony show, but I agree with MasterJedi - I could easily see everyone else teaming up next week and taking him out (though they'll have to be careful since he has an idol).

Ben and Sarah (yuck)
Nick and Tony (morons)
Jeremy and Michelle (I like them, but don't think either have played a great game)

Hopefully they take out Tony next vote, then Kim and Denise team back up with Jeremy and Michelle to knock out Nick, Tony, Ben and Sarah. Still have the EoE wildcard to consider as well.

Parvati said at the beginning of the season that "we'd like who is in the finale." Maybe she was just throwing a curveball, but I can't imagine a scenario where Sarah or Nick make it as both are pretty universally unpopular. Arguably the same with Ben, though he has some fans.

I actually see Michelle as a dark horse for being among the final three, if not the winner.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2020, 06:06:31 PM »

Ben and Sarah (yuck)
Nick and Tony (morons)

I actually see Michelle as a dark horse for being among the final three, if not the winner.
Sophie was so smart, I loved her. One thing she brought up last night that I thought was good - it's not always about making the biggest moves, it is about making the smart moves to get you to the end. That is what Michelle has been doing and she may be able to pitch it pretty well to the jury. Winning an immunity challenge would help her case.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2020, 08:28:17 PM »

Does anyone else here have a buff collection? I've been collecting them for four years now and have 44 different designs.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2020, 08:05:25 AM »

Does anyone else here have a buff collection? I've been collecting them for four years now and have 44 different designs.

You got a Johnny Fairplay one? I see him out drinking/ in court a lot when there is no coronavirus.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2020, 06:10:46 PM »

Kim dropping out of the challenge may just go down as the biggest mistake made by a contestant this season.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2020, 09:03:34 PM »

You got a Johnny Fairplay one? I see him out drinking/ in court a lot when there is no coronavirus.

I met Jonny Fairplay last year.  He was doing a watch party up in Nashville for the Edge of Extinction episode where Wardog got voted out.  He then recorded his podcast with all of us as live audience.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2020, 06:31:59 AM »

I met Jonny Fairplay last year.  He was doing a watch party up in Nashville for the Edge of Extinction episode where Wardog got voted out.  He then recorded his podcast with all of us as live audience.

He gets yelled at by the judge a lot.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »

Prediction: Boston Rob gets back into the game on the finale, based on the amount of screentime he's still getting and the fact that he tends to be good at challenges.

I will be incredibly disappointed if he makes the F3 and gets a jury vote other than Amber's.

Like I said earlier, Edge of Extinction would be fine if it were pre-merge only. It's really dumb to have it again at the end. How could the producers not have known there would be a huge backlash to someone spending almost the whole season on EoE and then coming back in to win?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2020, 08:17:38 PM »

They're supposed to start filming season 41 this month in Fiji. Jeff also has doubts the series will last to Season 50.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/survivor-jeff-probst-50-seasons-show-ending.html/

The full quote seems to be more along the lines of Jeff wanting to take it one year (2 seasons) at a time, rather than a thought that the show will end.  Now, Jeff will want to retire at some point (50 may be a milestone that brings it about), but I think that they will at least try to carry on the show without him.

I have doubts that they will be able to go to Fiji in 2 weeks to start filming, but I hold out hope that the fall season will be able to air as normal.  I have no inside knowledge, but I also think they might have to film 41 (and 42) in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or something, instead of Fiji.

Prediction: Boston Rob gets back into the game on the finale, based on the amount of screentime he's still getting and the fact that he tends to be good at challenges.

I will be incredibly disappointed if he makes the F3 and gets a jury vote other than Amber's.

Like I said earlier, Edge of Extinction would be fine if it were pre-merge only. It's really dumb to have it again at the end. How could the producers not have known there would be a huge backlash to someone spending almost the whole season on EoE and then coming back in to win?

I don't see it with his injury and the fact that his focus has (except for the episode where he found the hidden fire tokens) been more on his Survivor journey and career than on his continued game since he was voted out.  I think the late game returnee will be Natalie, Parvati, or a post-merge vote out.

As for who will win the game, they seem to be building up Tony as this massive figure that's hard to beat.  What isn't clear to me is whether they are doing it to make the win of someone who took him down look better (like what they did with Devens and Chris in season 38) or if they are doing it to make him the GOAT and remove all doubt (kind of like the dominant wins by Rob and Kim).
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »

So I think Sandra is the only one who isn't going to be in the jury, right?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2020, 08:32:56 PM »

Correct.  On Edge of Extinction, everyone but Keith and Wendy were on the jury.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2020, 11:40:02 PM »

Assuming no one else raises the white flag, correct.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2020, 11:57:59 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2020, 12:07:52 AM by 2,868,691 »

Why in the world did Nick/Jeremy/Michele not get rid of Tony when they had a chance? They're all thinking about who can they beat in the final 3, but why doesn't occur to them that Tony is going to be really hard to beat at the end?

Also, I'll change my prediction to Natalie getting back in next week, but if she actually wins a jury vote, that would probably go down as The Day Survivor Died.

Final thought: If Nick doesn't spend all of his fire tokens, he may still be in the game, since Ben was close to winning immunity, and Michele is presumably the target instead.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:34 PM »

Why in the world did Nick/Jeremy/Michele not get rid of Tony when they had a chance? They're all thinking about who can they beat in the final 3, but why doesn't occur to them that Tony is going to be really hard to beat at the end?

Also, I'll change my prediction to Natalie getting back in next week, but if she actually wins a jury vote, that would probably go down as The Day Survivor Died.

Final thought: If Nick doesn't spend all of his fire tokens, he may still be in the game, since Ben was close to winning immunity, and Michele is presumably the target instead.

I would love a Michelle, Natalie, Tony final three just because they're all from New Jersey.

I think Natalie may come back as well and I wouldn't necessarily mind if she won, she has affected the game from Edge of Extinction after all. But really I'll be happy if anyone aside from Ben and Sarah win. They have been thoroughly unlikable this season. Tony is definitely the front-runner though, and everyone was stupid for letting him have so much power. Don't forget that he still has an immuntiy idol too. Meanwhile Michelle would be the most satisfying person to win. I barely remembered her from her own season, but this time I have been actively rooting for her and always been under the impression that she would make it far.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2020, 04:58:11 PM »

Bump for finale night.

I'm pulling for Tony- he's played a really good game.  At the beginning of the season, I said he was one of four who had no shot due to their high threat level.  If he somehow wins it (and he's in a good spot right now), it would be a major accomplishment.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2020, 10:24:23 PM »

I'm very happy with Tony's win. He deserved it.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2020, 10:39:33 PM »

Tony is the GOAT, no questions asked.

I did see an interesting point that Sarah probably cost herself the game by taking out Ben instead of Michele.  If Michele goes and Natalie still wins the Final Immunity Challenge, Natalie probably takes Sarah and lets Ben make fire (because he won the fire-making in his season and would have had a good shot of beating Tony).  If Ben wins that, Sarah would have likely gotten a bunch of Tony's voters (though a couple might have gone to Ben too).  I think Sarah probably wins that Final 3 scenario.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2020, 11:44:41 PM »

Satisfied with the outcome. Natalie winning would have been a "cancel Survivor" level disgrace. Hopefully the Edge of Extinction never returns.

Actually, it would probably be tolerable if they just had the 1 return challenge at the merge, at took the top male and female contestants and that was it. But even better would be to never let voted out contestants back in.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2020, 12:13:48 AM »

I guess this will be the closest Im ever going to get to my boy Russell winning
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies