Vote Aye: Atlasians for Electoral Reform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Aye: Atlasians for Electoral Reform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Aye: Atlasians for Electoral Reform  (Read 3125 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: April 24, 2015, 01:25:29 PM »

The switch to At-Large seats shook the game up, and that was good. My suspicion is that, if done right, a switch back to districts would (eight years on) have the same effect. We've reached the point where we have six candidates for five seats with one of those six hardly being a serious candidate. That's not good. Now, pevious proposals for a return to district elections have had serious flaws, but this one looks more credible. If it doesnt work, we can always revert.

X - Al Sibboleth

Additionally... I'm all up for abolishing the regional seats as well. They are (and always were) an example of egregious malapportionment. Additionally the classic reason for them (i.e. that they strengthen the Regions) has proven quite untrue. But that is a separate battle and I don't think we can realistically consider fighting it until the principle of districting returns.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies