2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:24:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154672 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: May 23, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2014, 04:05:15 PM by badgate »

New Biden Endorsements

Ted Strickland, Representative from Ohio's 6th congressional district
Our primary here in Ohio is fiercely divided! The last tracking poll had three candidates, including favorite son Denis Kucinich, tied! So I am moved to speak out and give an endorsement in the hope that Ohio will move clearly in one direction: toward the White House! So today I am endorsing Senator Joe Biden!

Ed Markey, Representative from Massachusetts' 7th congressional district
They call me bland on the national stage, but I know yous guys here at home love me. So let's make sure our congressional district goes for Biden on Super Tuesday! Go Red Sox!

Richard Neal, Representative from Massachusetts' 2nd congressional district
People of the 2nd congressional district! We gotta get out and vote for Senator Joe Biden on Tuesday!!

Paul Sarbanes, Senator from Maryland
Maryland, your polls have shown Senator Biden slightly losing his lead here! We need to Get out the vote for Senator Biden and make sure he wins all 39 of our delegates in the Super Tuesday election!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #701 on: May 23, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »

Allen Campaign Statement:

The Allen Campaign offers its sympathies to Governor Owens and the Owens family as a whole.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #702 on: May 23, 2014, 03:24:58 PM »

Statement from Rudy and Judith Giuliani

Earlier today, we spoke with our good friend, Governor Bill Owens, about the situation regarding his wife. As people who have both gone through divorces we understand the emotions that Governor and Mrs. Owens are experiencing. We offered our prayers to the couple and their family, as well as guidance. For the Owens' privacy, this is all that we will say on the matter.

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

In light of recent developments in Governor Owens' personal life, he has asked that he not serve as the Chairman of our Western Campaign any longer. We accept his resignation from the post. The following are the Giuliani Campaign's current regional Campaign Chairmen:

New England Campaign Chairman: Governor George Pataki
Southern Campaign Chairman: Senator Bill Frist
Mid-Western Campaign Chairman: Senator George Voinovich
Northern Campaign Chairman: Governor Tim Pawlenty
South-Western Campaign Chairman: Senator John McCain
Western Campaign Chairman: Former Governor Pete Wilson
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #703 on: May 23, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »

February 26, 2004

I have a major announcement from the campaign today, first we announce the forced resignation of our campaign chairs in San Francisco Democratic Party Executive, Zoe Dunning, who was serving as California State Chair,Virginia State Chairman Doris-Crouse Mays, Utah State Chairman Josie Valdez, and Deputy Strategist Mark Penn, who the campaign believes are the main individuals involved with regards to the scandal of promising positions to endorsees. Penn and Valdez's positions will not be filled, the California position will be filled by Santa Clara County Democratic Party Executive Mary Jung, and the Virginia Position will filled by Virginia Party leader Susan Swecker.

February 25

The Clinton campaign acknowledges the somberness of Governor Owens' impending divorce, and they wish him luck in his future endeavors.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #704 on: May 23, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »

Statement from Biden Campaign

Senator Clinton can fire whomever she likes; it will not change the culture of corruption that she has instilled in her Presidential campaign.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #705 on: May 23, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »

Giuliani Campaign TV and Radio Ad, running in the following states:

Time To Unite
"High taxes. Bigger government. More red tape. These are the policies a Democratic President will put in place. These policies hurt people, hurt small businesses, and cost Americans their jobs. Do you want to live under a Democratic President? If so, go vote for Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden. If not, it's time to unite as a party around a single candidate. A single candidate who can win in November, regardless of who the Democrats nominate. A single candidate who has led all the Democratic candidates since the race began. A single candidate with clear ideas, values, and goals. That man is Rudy Giuliani. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: May 23, 2014, 04:31:37 PM »

George Allen Campaign Schedule - February 25th - March 2nd, 2004

"Ever since we founded the Department of Education, our scores and our ranking among the world has declined. We are losing our edge, we are getting less and less competitive. This is a serious issue, and I believe we need to de-centralize education. We need to advocate putting education in the hands of parents, educators, and local officials. We also need to advocate new methods, new ways to educate. A competitive market is always a better one, and we need to push a voucher program so that our children, living in poorer neighborhoods, can have an option of where to go."

February 25th, 2004:
Education Speech in San Diego, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Fundraiser in San Diego, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Town Hall in Brawley, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Meet and Greet in Blythe, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Meet and Greet in Needles, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Town Hall in Barstow, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl

"What I've seen in Washington is downright disgusting. Even with the leading hand of President Bush, we have seen continuing deficits, increased spending, and a lack of change on that front. We have tried the strategy of starve the beast, under both Reagan and Bush, and unfortunately what happens is that deficits grow, and even when our economy grows for a while, our situation with the debt continues to become a problem. I have a plan, endorsed by Democratic Senator Zell Miller, that will actually reduce spending in Washington for the first time since Harry Truman. We do it by eliminating wasteful programs, cutting domestic spending, and reforming entitlements in a serious way. We won't survive if we keep putting out piecemeal solutions, and as your President, I will only provide big picture solutions."

February 26th:
Anti-Spending Rally in Bakersfield, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Bakersfield, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Town Hall in Tulare, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Fresno, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Town Hall in Medusto, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming Fremont, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa

"I believe in reasonable regulations. Unfortunately, Washington is not in the business of making reasonable regulations. Instead, what Washington does is put out thousands and thousands of pages of regulations every single year, and I believe it is time we put a stop to it. Under a Allen administration, we will have a regulatory freeze, going through every regulation to see if it is reasonable, fair, or even necessary, and eliminating those that aren't. All in all, I say we'll have a much smaller regulatory enviorment after that, don't you agree?"

February 27th:
Barnstorming in Oakland, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Barnstorming in Berkley, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Town Hall in Fairfield, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Speech at the California Republican Party in Sacremento, California
Town Hall in Placerville, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl
Meet and Greet in Yuba City, California with Dan Lungren, Darrell Issa, and Jon Kyl

February 28th:
Town Hall in Preston, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Tommy Thompson
Introduction of "Allen Plan for Growth in America" in Rochester, Minnesota
Barnstorming in Bloomington, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Minneapolis, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Anoka, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Milaca City, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Tommy Thompson

The Allen Plan for Growth in America
- Announce a regulatory freeze, holding up new regulations and eliminating ones that are unnecessary, unreasonable, or unfair to small businesses
- Cut corporate and business tax rates to allow small businesses the ability to compete
- Eliminate the estate tax
- Eliminate the capital gains tax
- Eliminate trade barriers and harmful tariffs that harm our relationships with our trading allies
- Sell off more public lands for drilling
- Take an all-of-the above approach to Energy, including even green technologies and nuclear power
- Make the income tax a flat tax, lowering tax rates for a large majority of America
- Take China to task over it's lawless behavior

February 29th:
Barnstorming in St. Cloud, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Paul Ryan
Interview on Minnesota Radio Show in Pine City, Minnesota
Town Hall in Aitkin, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Paul Ryan
Meet and Greet in Grand Rapids, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Paul Ryan
Meet and Greet in Hibbing, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Paul Ryan
Town Hall in Northone, Minnesota with Gil Guktnecht, John Engler, and Paul Ryan

Radio Interview - Senator George Allen

"Governor Tim Pawlenty has accused me of being too conservative. A lot of people have made that accusation, but that doesn't hold any weight. They said Ronald Reagan was too conservative, he won by a landslide twice. They said George W. Bush was too conservative, he upset the incumbent Vice President and won in 2000. I've heard it so many times. I'm a constructive conservative, and my views are well within the mainstream. Inspite of some in my parties reservations, I put forward a plan for the minimum wage, because I feel small business owners needed a voice in the debate instead of us just voting down the Democratic bill. As President, I won't be beholden to just one group, I'll be beholden to all Americans, and that's where I stand."

"The negativity has gone up in this race, and I take some of the blame for that, but let me say this: I think Giuliani's views on social issues and on gun control approach the fringe. Most Americans are against gay marriage, he is for it. Most Americans believe in the right to bear arms, he is not only against the right to bear arms, but he has even sued the gun organizations over it. Now, Giuliani and I agree on national security, a strong U.S. national security is necessary for world stability, and even on fiscal restraint, we see relatively eye to eye, even though I think my jobs plan is more bold, but these social issues I think disqualify him from being an effective Republican nominee and one who can rebut the Democrats on these issues."

"On energy, we can't shy away from any resource that may make us energy independent. Green technology is not at all viable yet, and I won't take it seriously until it does, but if it does, that's a viable resource. Same with every other resource. Nuclear power, oil, natural gas. All of these things we need to look at, because the fact is, we shouldn't be subsidizing terror any longer. It's time we had an energy revolution in this country, and only I have the sheer force of will to make it happen."

March 1st:
Barnstorming in Cincinnati, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow
Meet and Greet in Middletown, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow
Barnstorming in Columbus, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow
Town Hall in Massillion, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow
Barnstorming in Akron, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow
Town Hall in Canton, Ohio with Rob Portman, John Kasich, and John Snow

"I saw this new ad today, and my opponent is trying his hardest to seal the deal. Look, I get it, I understand it, doesn't mean I think it's right. Rudy Giuliani trying to close this race before it's finished is anti-Democratic, and when Ohio voters go to the polls, we'll show that we won't be told who to vote for ever again!"

March 2nd:
Running GOTV Operations
Town Hall in Hagerstown, Maryland with Bob Goodlatte, Pat Buchanan, and Pat Robertson
Barnstorming in Brunswick, Maryland with Bob Goodlatte, Pat Buchanan, and Pat Robertson
Barnstorming in Annapolis, Maryland with Bob Goodlatte, Pat Buchanan, and Pat Robertson
Town Hall in Dundak, Maryland with Bob Goodlatte, Pat Buchanan, and Pat Robertson
Watching Results as they occur
Strategy Meeting
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #707 on: May 23, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »

OOC: NHI, does the round have to last until the 28th? I think that's a bit long and will slow the process down. Could we shorten this round until, say, that 25th or 26th?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: May 23, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »

OOC: NHI, does the round have to last until the 28th? I think that's a bit long and will slow the process down. Could we shorten this round until, say, that 25th or 26th?
Yes that is fine. We can end this round on May 25.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: May 23, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »

Round will end on May 25 at 11:59 pm EST
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: May 23, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »

Two New Allen Ads - "Not a Conservative" and "A Plan for Growth"

"Not A Conservative" Ad

Narrator: "Rudy Giuliani said this in a Republican debate..."

Giuliani: "I have never called myself a conservative, because I'm not."

Narrator: "Well, at least he's honest. Rudy Giuliani has run away from our values and principles - In New York, he sued Gun organizations over the right to sell guns in New York City. He says that the second amendment only grants gun-owning rights to 'citizen militias', an interpretation of the constitution that even liberal democrats like Joe Biden and John Edwards disagree with. When asked if he would overturn Roe v. Wade, he said 'no.' Let's face it, we can do better than Rudy Giuliani."

George Allen: "I'm George Allen, and I approve this message."

This ad will air in the following states:

"A Plan for Growth" Ad

George Allen: "American Prosperity is always four years away. In order to reach prosperity, you got to have a plan. Hi, I'm George Allen, and I have a comprehensive plan for our future. I have a plan that will grow jobs in this country, by putting into effect a regulatory freeze, cut taxes for businesses to make America more competitive, and raising the minimum wage in a way that doesn't harm small businesses. By bringing up businesses AND the American worker, we can reach prosperity yet again.

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because in order to lead, you got to think ahead, and that's what my plan, is all about."

This ad will air in the following states:

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #711 on: May 23, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »

Giuliani Campaign TV and Radio Ad, running in the following states:

My Record

"Senator Allen can attack me for my record, and I'll take it. But allow me a chance to defend myself. My positions on issues like gun control and abortion were crafted by the situations I have been in in my life, by my experiences. Those policies worked in New York, and they worked in the Justice Department. I'm a Republican. I believe in limited government and freedom of the people. As President, I will not force my personal beliefs on the American people because I believe that everyone is entitled to hold their own beliefs and have their own ideas. And I will never attack my opponents for having a differing a position, rather I will fight the merit of that opinion, but I won't fight just because it is different. I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #712 on: May 23, 2014, 07:25:34 PM »

ooc: I'm fine with moving the end of turn up to 5/25.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: May 23, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »

ooc: I'm fine with moving the end of turn up to 5/25.

me too
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #714 on: May 23, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »

I'll probably be the lone vote for the 5/26, but I guess I've been outvoted.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #715 on: May 23, 2014, 07:57:34 PM »

Rumsfeldmania!
A surrogate for Super Tuesday!

"Can you believe the Democrats? I mean, how are they expecting to win this election when to see such a circus of political mistakes, gaffes and disorganized efforts? You have Senator Clinton there offering positions and then firing half of her staff because of her mistakes, you have Senator Biden and Senator Edwards flip flopping in Iraq and having a fight to see who can reverse his positions more each day, and you have Representative Kucinich... well, being Representative Kucinich. I'm sorry, but they are not being coherent or constant at all. We don't need a nominee who is ideologically close to them, we need someone who will stand up to them and show America why they can't be trusted with our nation. We need George Allen, and we need him now!"

February 25-26th:
-Minnesota Tour, Part II:
 -GOTV Tour: (With a focus on conservative and elderly voters)
  -Barnstorm and Events in Bloomington, MN.
  -Barnstorm and Events in Rochester, MN.
  -Barnstorm and Events in Eagan, MN.
  -Barnstorm and Events in Plymouth, MN.
  -Barnstorm and Events in St. Cloud, MN.
 -Barnstorm and Rallies in St. Paul, Minneapolis and Duluth, MN.

"You know, I watched the debate, and while I think both Allen and Giuliani are strong candidates when it comes to foreign policy, you could notice the difference. We are a fighting a global war against terror, against those rebels, insurgents and terrorists who are in several places around the world. I praise Mayor Giuliani for his committment to the reconstruction of Iraq, but Senator Allen is the one who has the mission clear on his head, and he is the one that knows very well that winning this war on terror will involve more than helping Iraq to achieve democracy. So make no mistake, ladies and gentlemen, be President Bush or President Allen, we are going to get Osama Bin Laden and we will prove that Republican leadership can and will win this war."

February 27-28th:
-Maryland Tour, Part II:
 -Bus Tour/GOTV:
   -Bus Tour and Rally in Columbia, MD.
   -Bus Tour and Rally in Silver Spring, MD.
   -Bus Tour and Rally in Dundalk, MD.
   -Bus Tour and Rally in Rockville, MD.
   -Bus Tour and Rally in Ellicott City, MD.
 -Barnstorm and Rally in Baltimore, MD.

"There has been a disturbing lack of attention given to young people during most of the election by most candidates. We're old, from Biden to Clinton to Johnson, all of us are old. I've been alive for one third of the life of this country, which tells you how young it is and how old I am. (laughter) We won't be around by the time you have kids, but what we are doing right now will be around, and it might affect your lives. Your vote is too valuable to be wasted on candidates that don't know what to do or that only speak in vague terms, what this country needs is someone willing to tackle down the issues and do what needs to be done. You might have one or two disagreements with Senator Allen, but you can't tell me the man doesn't have strong beliefs and a strong leadership, which is what all of us need."

February 29, March 1-2nd:
-Ohio Tour, Part II:
 -Barnstorming the city of Columbus, OH.
 -GOTV Efforts in Cleveland, OH.
 -GOTV Efforts in Cincinnati, OH.
 -GOTV Efforts in Toledo, OH.
 -GOTV Efforts in Akron, OH.
 -GOTV Efforts in Dayton, OH.

"I may be alone in this, but I believe being a Republican and a conservative is not something that should ashame us, or make us unelectable. Even more, I believe conservatism appeals to most people, because it comes with a set of values that most if not all Americans have from the moment they start learning. Senator Allen represents and fights for these values, the values of responsibility, of courage, of strength, and you can see it in policies like his detailed economic proposals, or his designs for domestic policy in general. We need to nominate someone who can represent all of us, and even if Mayor Giuliani is a great man and he shouldn't be attack for being a moderate, you can't tell me he fully represents the beliefs of this party."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #716 on: May 23, 2014, 08:10:23 PM »

New Edwards Endorsements

Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D-MS)

John already talked about this in the debate, but what he said is why I'm backing him. I was born the son of two workers, one in a road crew and one in a factory. I worked my way through college. That's a story that helped me in Mississippi - the politicians should be able to connect to the people. That's what John can do here. His focus on education and health care, especially for rural and low-income families, will resonate with the voters of this state, and he'll ultimately be the best President for Mississippi.

Governor Buddy MacKay (D-FL)

It's like Ronnie said, about John - my own family were citrus farmers. People who weren't off getting degrees at exclusive private colleges, people like me who worked our way through public school, those are the candidates who best understand America. John's support for education, better health care, and his vision for the environment are all great for Florida. I'm sure my state will join me in supporting his candidacy.

Senator John Breaux (D-LA)

Recently, folks've been hitting John on how he's not the most liberal in the field. My colleague Senator Chafee thinks that John's some sort of far-right extremist. And that just ain't true. I worked with John in the Senate, and he's no right-winger. He's a centrist, he's a moderate - the point is, he's someone who's able to work with Republicans on some issues, seek compromise, and manage to actually get some stuff passed. And he hasn't had to promise anyone a cabinet post to get an endorsement.

Representative Chris John (D-LA)

I'm proud to offer my support to John Edwards. A lot of other candidates are just talking about what they do, but they don't realize what sort of support they'll need to get it done. John - he's in the Senate, and he's reaching out to Senate candidates. He's not just thinking of me, he's thinking of the Democratic majority. He's doing events with me here in Louisiana, helping me in my Senate race, and he helped recruit Erskine Bowles to run again in his home state. We're gonna do well in these Senate races, and John'll deserve at least some of the credit when that happens.

Representative Allen Boyd (D-FL)

I'm a farmer - fifth generation of my family farming in Monticello, a town of 2500 in the Panhandle. And John understands people like me and my neighbors. John's the candidate of rural communities, he's the candidate that really gets the concerns of farming communities. I'm supporting him, and my neighbors are, 'cause he's the one that gets us.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #717 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »

Clinton Surrogate Schedule A
Senator Chuck Schumer

February 25, 2004

Speech in White Plains, New York

I heard what Mayor Dinkins said, when he decided to back Senator Clinton yesterday afternoon, and I must say, he's right about one thing, the Clinton marriage as tempestuous as it can be, is nothing compared to Mayor Giuliani's divorce.

Speech in Scarsdale, New York

I know what your thinking, Senator Clinton is up by forty, and I don't face a competitive for re-election. But this Democratic Primary has been topsy-turvy at it's peak, and the only the times the favorite appears to have won are in New Hampshire, and Delaware, which of course is Senator Biden's home state. The reality is anything can happen in these primaries, which is why your vote still counts.

Speech in Paterson, New Jersey (With the founder of The Council on American-Islamic Relations, Nihad Awad)

I'm not here because of any election concerns. I'm in Paterson on behalf of the Clinton Campaign, with the Council on American Islamic-Relations's leader Mr. Nihad Awad, to respond to a bill introduced last week by Assembly Michael Patrick Carroll, that would in effect bar New Jerseyans Islam from attending any schools in the state, and included that directed state officials to "ignore any Supreme Court decisions on this legislation". Now just because six of the 9/11 hijackers lived here in Paterson for a while, does not make Islam a bad religion. It's not a religion of peace, by any means, but keep in mind, Christianity had the Crusades, which almost soured the Islamic world's view of the West. Judaism- my religion had the conquest of Canaan, where whole cities were wiped out, like Jericho, Sodom and Gomorrah, as well as sending plagues upon Egypt that ranged from Wild Beasts to the Murder of the First-Born Egyptians. If that a god of war, I don't know what is. The New Jersey Assembly Bill is wrong-headed, and to make matters worse, it also creates more terrorists, from newly disaffected under-educated Muslims. It must not pass.

February 26, 2004

Speech in Harrison, New Jersey

Internal Polling that I've seen has Mayor Giuliani ahead of all four of our candidates in November. But New Jersey, I know that I can count on you to fall into our column, whether we're facing Giuliani, Johnson or Allen, and no matter who our nominee is.  

Appear on Hour Long Special Episode of 30 Minute Meals (With Rachel Ray, cooking "Fifty States of Clam Chowder") at the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park New York (Which did full mock-up of Ray's kitchen set for the occasion) (Will air Friday July 2, 2012 as Part of Food Network's July Fourth Programming)

Rally in Dutchess Stadium, Wappingers Falls, New York (With Samara Barend, Frank Barbaro, , and Greg Meeks)

New York, there are many elections in this fine state in addition to Senator Clinton's White House bid and my Senate race! I speak of course of the twenty-nine Congressional Races in this state. Now, The endorsements I am giving, are of course is from Senator Chuck Schumer, not from any other campaign organization. Now, some of the candidates in question, are not here tonight, which is quite fine, given the competitive races in the state this year.  Now the list of candidates (besides Senator Clinton), that I am endorsing are; Tim Bishop from the first Congressional District, Steve Israel from the Second Congressional District, Carolyn McCarthy in the Fourth Congressional District, where some internals has shown her trailing Hempstead Mayor James Garner with numbers ranging 42-46 to 38-45, Gregory Meeks in the Sixth District (He is running unopposed) who is here tonight, My Successor in the Ninth Congressional District Anthony Weiner, Frank Barbaro, who is challenging Vito Fossella in the Thirteenth Congressional District, and is happy to be here tonight, Michael Jalamin, who challenging Sue Kelly in the Nineteenth District, Maurice Hinchey in the Twenty-Second Congressional District, Brian Higgins, who running for the open seat in the Twenty-Seventh District, and Samantha Barend running for the open seat in the Twenty-Ninth District, and Samantha is here tonight, and looking better than all Men, I might say... She is putting our gender to shame tonight.  

February 27, 2004

Guest Play by Play announcer for U.S v Brazil Football friendly at Estadio do Maracana, Rio De Janerio, Brazil (position taken after Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter both declined) (Game is on ABC, ESPN2, ESPN Radio and ESPN Brasil) (Dubbed in Portuguese, with Andres Cantor and David Fehrety)

February 28, 2004
Samba Party with Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey and Bruce Arena in Rio de Janerio, Brazil

February 29- March 1
Rest after to flight from Brazil

Election Night Rally At Coca-Cola Field, New York (Without Senator Clinton)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #718 on: May 23, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »

Candidate Favorability Ratings

Hillary Clinton:
Favorable: 45%
Unfavorable: 47%

Joe Biden:
Favorable: 48%
Unfavorable: 37%

John Edwards:
Favorable: 46%
Unfavorable: 36%

Dennis Kucinich:
Favorable: 44%
Unfavorable: 31%

Rudy Giuliani:
Favorable: 49%
Unfavorable: 41%

George Allen:
Favorable: 49%
Unfavorable: 40%

Gary Johnson:
Favorable: 46%
Unfavorable: 30%

President Bush Approval Rating
Approve: 44%
Disapprove: 49%

Generic General Election Poll: Tied

Democrat: 46%
Republican: 46%

Rudy Giuliani: 48%
Hillary Clinton: 45%

George Allen: 47%
Hillary Clinton: 45%

Hillary Clinton: 48%
Gary Johnson: 44%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Joe Biden: 47%

George Allen: 48%
Joe Biden: 47%

Joe Biden: 46%
Gary Johnson: 45%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
John Edwards: 47%

George Allen: 48%
John Edwards: 46%

John Edwards: 47%
Gary Johnson: 45%

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Dennis Kucinich: 43%

George Allen: 51%
Dennis Kucinich: 43%

Gary Johnson: 49%
Dennis Kucinich: 44%

Three-Way Race:

Republican: 48%
Democrat: 44%
Independent: 3%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #719 on: May 23, 2014, 11:10:49 PM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule B

Former Congressman Dave McCurdy

February 26, 2004

Speech in Slaton, Texas

Yeah, Hillary's in trouble, we know, but we're not going to abandon her now, not when her opponents are exactly what Republicans in November, the sterotypical "Classic Liberal" Democrat in Biden, a North Carolinian, who would have served the party better to run for re-election in Edwards, and a former Mayor of Cleveland, who has become one of the biggest gadflys in Congress in the past decade. I look at this primary field, and I say that Senator Clinton certainly could recover and win the nomination.

Speech in Shallowater, Texas

Texas, it's almost your turn in this interminable primary, and while Senator Clinton may seem down, we are by out of it yet. We've still got a sixty point lead in New York, a five point lead in Minnesota, while the key states of Ohio, Rhode Island, Connecticut, California and most amazingly Maryland, a state many were willing to concede to Senator Biden earlier this year are tossups. This race is nowhere near over yet!

Meet Voters in Abernathy, Texas

February 27, 2004

Speech in Plainview, Texas (With Jimmy Dean)

No Jimmy Dean is not endorsing Senator Clinton per se, he's here as an example of Senator Clinton's support of increased funding for Vocational College scholarships, which could include for example colleges that would essentially be certified minor leagues to American Professional Sports Leagues, eliminating the NCAA and it's ridiculous definition of Amateurism, or entertainment colleges modeled after the Julliard School in New York, or Business colleges, modeled after famed institutions like the Wharton School of Business, or a Law College such as Harvard School. Now, admittedly Jimmy Dean did not need any of those things, to become a World-Renowned Country Singer, an actor, to the point of even starring in a 007 movie, Diamonds are Forever, and becoming a sausage manufacturer, with Jimmy Dean Sausages, with their great successes making $80 million dollars when he sold them to the Sara Lee Corporation in 1984. But imagine how much more he could have made, if he had gone to a vocational business school, or how much he could have made with his magnificent voice, if he went to vocational entertainment school. Under a Clinton Education Policy, any of these ideas would be possible.

Meet Voters in Goldsmith, Texas

Speech at Horizon High School, Horizon City, Texas

Texas, and my home state of Oklahoma, have a long history of High School and College Sporting events being more prominent than almost anything else in the State. But, there have been signs of trouble in paradise, in recent years. This series of concerns I have began Last Spring, when an angry mob of individuals, who later were revealed to parents of young athletes, tarred feathered and took turns beating a volunteer Little League umpire with a bat, after a game in which multiple calls didn't go their way (El Reno, Oklahoma). That was followed by an incident this past September in Sugar Land, where a trio of parents in a high school basketball game proceeded to beat up a referee for nine minutes before his colleague was able to pull them off the stricken referee, all because he missed a traveling call, and then just two weeks ago at a track meet in Dallas, Texas track witnessed a parent who ran onto to the field and tackled her son's rival allowing him to "win" a race. And these are just the incidents I've heard about. And this is why I challenge Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, and Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmonson to prosecute individuals who commit actions to the fullest extent of the law. They do not represent the average sports fan of Oklahoma or Texas, and with tough prosecution and public shaming, they never will.

February, 28, 2004

Meet Voters in Clint, Texas

Meet Voters in Chireno, Texas

Meet Voters in Garrison, Texas

February 29, 2004

Meet Voters in Stonewall, Louisiana

Meet Voters in Keachi, Louisiana

Speech in Mansfield, Louisiana (With David Dinkins and John Conyers)

All I want see do, both on March 9, for Senator Clinton, and then again on Election Night, is do what you did to elect and re-elect Senator Landrieu. If you do that, not only will we have a primary victory here, but we return Louisiana to the Democratic column in November!

Meet voters in Fouke, Arkansas

March 1, 2004

Meet Voters in Hideaway, Texas

Meet Voters in Vinings, Georgia (With Wyche Fowler)

Meet Voters in Snellville, Georgia (With Sam Nunn)

March 2, 2004

Meet voters in Okeechobee, Florida

Meet voters in Napoleonville, Louisiana

Election Night rally at the Cotton Bowl, Fair Park, Dallas, Texas (With Chuck Robb, Jay Inslee, Antonio Villaraigosa, and Anthony Lake, and Without Hillary or Bill Clinton)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #720 on: May 23, 2014, 11:16:09 PM »

Edwards-John-Breaux Emergency Press Release

Democratic voters of Louisiana: on Election Night, do not vote for Mary Landrieu. She is not a candidate for the Senate in 2004. She is next up for re-election in 2008. This seat is currently held by Senator John Breaux. The leading Democratic candidate, who has been endorsed by both Senator Breaux and Senator Edwards, is Representative Chris John. Make sure you have the correct information before going to vote.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #721 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:58 PM »

Democratic voters of Louisiana: on Election Night, do not vote for Mary Landrieu. She is not a candidate for the Senate in 2004. She is next up for re-election in 2008. This seat is currently held by Senator John Breaux. The leading Democratic candidate, who has been endorsed by both Senator Breaux and Senator Edwards, is Representative Chris John. Make sure you have the correct information before going to vote.

OOC: That might be overreacting, given the surrogate in question (McCurdy) never said Landrieu was a candidate. (In fact I'm pretty sure he (indirectly, I admit) referred to her 2002 re-election).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #722 on: May 23, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »

OOC: That might be overreacting, given the surrogate in question (McCurdy) never said Landrieu was a candidate. (In fact I'm pretty sure he (indirectly, I admit) referred to her 2002 re-election).

When a statement begins with "All I want see do", I don't take chances with what the rest of it could mean.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #723 on: May 24, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »

Giuliani Campaign GOTV Strategy (February 25th-March 2nd)

This is the big one. No expense will be spared, no door un-knocked, no voter left in the dark. We must win atleast 6 states (New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Minnesota, and California) to remain competitive in the Primary. Wins in three more states will push our campaign over the top and nearly clinch the nomination (Vermont, Maryland, and Ohio). No resources will be spent in Georgia - allow Senator Allen and Governor Johnson to fight it out there.

GOTV Strategy in New York: Small ad buys, running the ads "My Record" and "Time To Unite". Some canvasing by campaign volunteers in Upstate New York (with a special effort by the "New Yorkers for Giuliani" coalition.

GOTV Strategy in Massachusetts: Small ad buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record". Minor canvasing by campaign volunteers (with a special effort by the "College Students for Giuliani" coalition. Ambassador Cellucci's knowledge of state demographics and voting patterns will be relied on.

GOTV Strategy in Connecticut: Small ad buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record". Little canvasing by campaign volunteers.

GOTV Strategy in Rhode Island: Small ad buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record". Minor canvasing by campaign volunteers in large cities.

GOTV Strategy in Minnesota: Large ad buys, running the ads "Time to Unite and "My Record" heavily. Members of the "Veterans for Giuliani" and "Democrats for Giuliani" coalitions will canvas in large cities (such as Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, and Duluth). The resources of Governor Tim Pawlenty, Senator Norm Coleman, and Senator Rod Grams are being relied upon heavily.

GOTV Strategy in California: Large ad buys, running the ads "Time to Unite" and "My Record" heavily. Members of the "Democrats for Giuliani" and "College Students for Giuliani" coalitions will canvas heavily in major cities (such as Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, and San Francisco). The resources of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Governor Pete Wilson are being relied on heavily. Nancy Reagan's connections to state Republicans is also being used to sell conservative on Mayor Giuliani.

GOTV Strategy in Maryland: Medium-sized ad buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record". Members of the "Democrats for Giuliani" and "College Students for Giuliani" coalitions will canvas neighborhoods in Baltimore and Rockville. The resources of Governor Bob Ehrlich and Congressman Wayne Gilchrest are being relied on heavily to spread Mayor Giuliani's appeal outside of the big cities and into the more rural areas.

GOTV Strategy in Ohio: Large ad buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record" heavily. Members of the "Middle Class for Giuliani" and "Veterans for Giuliani" coalitions will canvas large cities (such as Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, and Toledo). The resources of Governor Bob Taft, Senator George Voinovich, and Senator Mike DeWine are being relied upon heavily to spread Mayor Giuliani's platform to rural areas.

GOTV Strategy in Vermont: Small ad-buys, running the ads "Time To Unite" and "My Record". Members of the "Independent Voters for Giuliani" coalition will canvas neighborhoods in Burlington, Bennington, and Rutland. The resources of Governor Angus King and Governor John H. Sununu are being relied on heavily to spur voter turnout.

Resources from the International Association of Fire Fighters are also going to be used extensively. Members of the IAFF in California, Minnesota, Ohio, and Vermont will drive shuttles/vans to bring voters to the polls. Other IAFF members in Maryland, California, and Minnesota are going to be joining campaign volunteers to canvas neighborhoods, register voters, help them get to the proper polling place, and spread Mayor Giuliani's platform. Resources from the IAFF are going to be focused on the more rural areas, while campaign resources are going to be focused on the urban centers.

Talking Points for All Surrogates and Volunteers:
- Mayor Giuliani cut taxes as Mayor of New York and will do the same as President.
- Mayor Giuliani had to work with Democrats as Mayor of New York and will do the same in Washington.
- Mayor Giuliani comes from working-class roots and can relate to Americans from all walks of life.
- Only Mayor Giuliani has consistently led all the Democratic candidates. He is the only candidate who can win regardless of who the Democrats nominate.
- Mayor Giuliani knows how to lead, as shown during 9/11 and it's aftermath.

Special Note for Volunteers: Be sure to contrast Mayor Giuliani's bipartisan methods with the hard-line conservatism of Senator Allen while canvasing urban areas. The focus of canvasing is to drawn as many differences between the candidates as possible, while making Mayor Giuliani out to be an electable, problem solver.

Let's get out there and seal the deal.
- Mary Matalin,
Campaign Director
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #724 on: May 24, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »

Breaking News: Vice President Cheney Hospitalized

Vice President Dick Cheney was taken to George Washington University Hospital, after suffering an apparent heart attack at the Naval Observatory this afternoon. No word yet on his condition. This Cheney's fifth heart attack and first in four years.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies