IL-WeAskAmerica (R): Duckworth leads Sen. Kirk by 1, Quinn trails by 19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:23:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-WeAskAmerica (R): Duckworth leads Sen. Kirk by 1, Quinn trails by 19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-WeAskAmerica (R): Duckworth leads Sen. Kirk by 1, Quinn trails by 19  (Read 5031 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 23, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »

Protect moderate Republicans Senators at all costs.
Kirk isn't a moderate republican. He supports SSM and gun control, but except that, he doesn't differ from the rest of republicans.

He is so moderate that he voted against the repeal of DADT.
I hate him but that's not true however.

Yes Maxwell, he's pro choice, I forgot about that. But on every budget issues, he sides HEAVILY with the GOP

Yeah, that's how most moderate Republicans are.

Contrary to what a good number of Atlas Democrats believe, holding some conservative views doesn't make you a extremist Tea Partier. And Senate votes are up/down, yes/no votes, so that pigeon holes people into making hard choices.

We've had dozens of threads about this. Kirk, Collins, etc. are moderates. End of story. Let's not get off topic here.

Keep in mind that for most posters here anyone to the right of Mao Zedong is a "Far right Tea Partier".
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »

Right, like Quinn is actually going to run. Even if he did, why on earth would the Democrats pick him in a primary? If Kirk is losing by one right now, that doesn't bode well for him. Usually incumbents have leads before the election cycle starts, and then races get more competitive. I'm guessing Kirk will end up the same way Begich did this year. He'll run a strong campaign, and put up a good effort, but Illinois will prove just too Democratic for him, and he'll narrowly lose.

I think it depends,

If the Republicans win the Presidency in 2016 then I would imagine Kirk would pull it out also. Which is in line with what we've seen with vulernable Senate incumbents and Presidential elections over the past decade.

Same goes for Johnson and Reid too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies