LA likely to pass TX-like abortion law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  LA likely to pass TX-like abortion law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA likely to pass TX-like abortion law  (Read 1358 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 02, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »

The social right will never let this issue go. It really is one social issue that I don't see retreating or going away, and they will latch onto any reason for justification for restricting women's access to safe abortions and even women regulating their own bodies with regard to pregnancy (see the awful Hobby Lobby case). They must really feel threatened by female sexuality and choice, or else they don't understand that these laws will not STOP abortion. Why?

I don't think the social right understands history's relationship to the present very well. Point being: Abortion procedures existed in ancient Rome, and maybe always, I don't know for sure. Abortions will always be around. If the social right in the South wants a return to those times (some creep in a shack would probably happily perform an abortion), then they can keep this up, but my hope is that they will lose these fights in court.

I have no idea why some clowns keep calling this issue as a 'choice' issue when its really not. Last time I checked murdering your fetus should not be paraded around as a great demonstration of freedom and sexuality, thats just morbid. The choice part of the debate came when the woman decided to have sex with her partner (I think abortion should be legal for cases of rape, so that becomes a non-issue). Regretting what you did and murdering another human because of it has nothing to do with choice as it does with selfishness and cruelty. Now people on your side of the debate know that your are on the wrong side of morality so you decide to dress it up as a women's rights issue which it clearly is not.

Lastly using the Roman Empire as an example of equality and morality is just naive, so I have no idea where that came from but please do some research first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies