Plan to split California into 6 states advances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:37:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Plan to split California into 6 states advances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plan to split California into 6 states advances  (Read 32641 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: July 15, 2014, 04:01:52 AM »
« edited: July 15, 2014, 04:04:01 AM by Senator Griffin (LAB-NB) »

Well crap - I somehow missed TJ's calculations and ended up replicating it. Oh well, I had fun anyway. Tongue

All of our numbers essentially match except for Jefferson - not sure what happened there. I have it being a few points more R in 2012 than he does. These are the percentages between the two parties/two-way model:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:50:23 AM »

As someone who isn't from CA and definitely doesn't understand all of the regional nuances and such, I still thought I'd try to make a better map than the one presented initially. I went for 4 states instead of 6, and made the selection without trying to guess which party would be the majority in which (though I secretly had hoped Republicans would still be marginalized). Particularly in the northern state, I wanted there to be at least one major city (hence the inclusion of Sacramento), but this was what I got:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies