MA Special Election Watch Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:46:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA Special Election Watch Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA Special Election Watch Thread  (Read 44744 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 14, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »

Brown is surely running? I thought he was running for Governor.

Like in 2009-2010, I won't get my hopes up here (though I did believe in the final week or so. Even went up to Boston for the day to help on the same day Obama went to campaign for that joke candidate). The last Brown victory was more of a fluke. This is only in play if he's the nominee and even then I don't see him winning.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »

It might be too soon, but what about that Kennedy that just got elected? Obviously he'd be running on his name, but I imagine he'd like an upgrade eventually.

Like an upgrade eventually? Sir, the man is a Kennedy! He's entitled to that upgrade at birth! It was an incredibly humbling move that he even ran for the House in the first place. See, the talk should at least be about him running for the Senate and President soon enough. It's really unfair to expect him to settle for a position that bores him. But if he just wants to sort of hang out in an office where he has no interest of serving, doesn't intend to "work a day in his life," etc. and have a nice easy ride, he is more than welcome to. And he won't be questioned. He's a Kennedy and we will admire him...because, you know, we're told that we should. 

If, for whatever heinous reason, a Senate run doesn't work out, Joseph Kennedy XLIII can very easily and without consequence move to a state he's never lived in and run to represent voters he doesn't know even if he can't vote for himself. This is the least that can be done for a member of "America's Royal Family."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »

Who should set up the MA Special Coronation Thread?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »

It's important to note that Brown only won by five against a candidate that didn't even campaign, if he's running against someone who does campaign, he doesn't win at all. He's a one hit wonder. It's not like he's Heidi Heitkamp or something, who actually won statewide races without any flukes.

Coakley campaigned. It's just that she was absolutely horrible at campaigning.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »

Politico posted an article about Ted Kennedy, Jr. possibly running for Kerry's seat. It was noted for the first time in the article, all the way down in the eleventh - the ELEVENTH - paragraph, that Kennedy lives in Connecticut, not Massachusetts.

Just a minor difficulty, right? Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

Politico posted an article about Ted Kennedy, Jr. possibly running for Kerry's seat. It was noted for the first time in the article, all the way down in the eleventh - the ELEVENTH - paragraph, that Kennedy lives in Connecticut, not Massachusetts.

Just a minor difficulty, right? Roll Eyes

Politico going for the ill-informed, sensationalist angle? Shock.

Ill-informed? Does he not currently live in Connecticut or is a little thing like actually residing in the state just an issue for the "ill-informed and sensationalist?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »

Lynch getting in has to be a serious blow to Brown though maybe that would depress turnout amongst more liberal voters (and the already low turnout in a Special is beneficial to Brown, too).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

The progressive Dems will throw up a challenger or 2 to Lynch and we'll get another demolition derby. Brown runs the loser (s) attack ads against the winner.

Oh, right. I keep forgetting about the primary though I wonder if Lynch would squeak by with a ton of more liberal candidates splitting up the vote on the left.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »

It might be too soon, but what about that Kennedy that just got elected? Obviously he'd be running on his name, but I imagine he'd like an upgrade eventually.

Like an upgrade eventually? Sir, the man is a Kennedy! He's entitled to that upgrade at birth! It was an incredibly humbling move that he even ran for the House in the first place. See, the talk should at least be about him running for the Senate and President soon enough. It's really unfair to expect him to settle for a position that bores him. But if he just wants to sort of hang out in an office where he has no interest of serving, doesn't intend to "work a day in his life," etc. and have a nice easy ride, he is more than welcome to. And he won't be questioned. He's a Kennedy and we will admire him...because, you know, we're told that we should. 

If, for whatever heinous reason, a Senate run doesn't work out, Joseph Kennedy XLIII can very easily and without consequence move to a state he's never lived in and run to represent voters he doesn't know even if he can't vote for himself. This is the least that can be done for a member of "America's Royal Family."

Phil, the meme of Republicans scoffing at the Kennedy clan is tired to put it mildly. I realize we may feel the need to overcompensate attacking the one liberal wealthy family who rides on their birthright to success, especially after we nominate a monied chump like Romney for pesident, but it's still old.

Ok, that's nice but it isn't just a meme. Some of us don't slober over garbage. And you should certainly know better than to think I would ever try to overcompensate in response to nominating Romney. I made it clear throughout that I thought it was a huge mistake and never pretended to like the guy so bashing the Kennedy's has nothing to do with covering up a Romney mess I helped expose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:55 AM »

I'd honestly rather have the Governor's mansion there for 4-8 years.

Uh? Why? You don't live there or anywhere nearby.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

So does that mean Senate?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »

I went to the link on my phone and didn't see any background. Tongue

Great news!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:52 PM »

Some loser tweets Brown that they're ready to keep Brown in the private sector and out of the Senate. Brown's simple response? "Whatever." Love this guy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:15 PM »

I found out the other day that one of my cousins in Boston is getting married on June 15th. It would be awesome if the Special was June 18th (or later) so I could fit in some volunteering that weekend. Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

Didn't Brown start out leading Warren by 20 points?

Yeah, totally different race though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »

Ok, at first I thought Brown was being ballsy (responding "Whatever" to someone). Now I'm wondering if he has sort of lost it. Check the tweets before those three.

And four hours before all of these "whatever" tweets, he said he was going to a show for his daughter. Draw your own conclusions as to what could have happened over those four hours. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »

He doesn't take well to criticism does he?

Bqhatevwr
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »

Really, Deval?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »

Don't get too excited/depressed. I have a friend that has some fairly well placed sources that said he's prepping for a run. Could they be blowing smoke? They could but my friend is planning on working on the campaign and is getting ready to move up there temporarily for it. Stay tuned.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »

Ok, dude. Just telling you what I heard from a fairly confident source.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »

Ok, dude. Just telling you what I heard from a fairly confident source.

Chill, Phil.

Not sure how anything there wasn't already "chill" but, again, ok.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »

He's putting out a statement in 20 minutes. Any bet it's a no?

I almost hope it is so I can get a swift round of criticism and be done with it early. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:48 PM »

Sarkozy will be re-elected.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

I must say I don't "get" this. Isn't that what you were saying?

Correct. I'm poking fun at myself for one of my incorrect predictions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies