Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:23:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread  (Read 6407 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »

I have not watched a single episode of Game of Thrones, the HBO show

Lucky man. The Gods know how many hours I ultimately wasted there.

Balon Greyjoy, please.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 03:54:48 PM »

To this day I regret not having Loras kill you in my first time.

When was this?  I've killed so many players in these games, I lose track sometimes.  In the Lion and the Rose, I killed literally every player at least twice, but I thought Spamage was the Tyrells in that game.

I think it's about "The Iron Throne" when you played Baelish and Blair was Renly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 04:13:22 PM »

Orders sent!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 08:44:11 PM »

It really is up to you Dkrol, and I don't mean that in a "not our problem" sort of way. The ASOIAF games are pretty special in that we're roleplaying as people with a specific complex psychology - a bit more so than playing nations -, and whilst one should have a sense of flexibility, one must be prepared to enforce certain standards if that means a more efficient game.

If it's of any help, the handful of times in which I've allowed "unrealistic" stuff to go through for the sake of the game I've ended up regretting it for the most part (as, rather than create a more interesting game, it seemed to cause more problems), whereas I haven't regretted blocking a few things that were arguably implausible (and the players were kind enough not to have me executed).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

For what its worth, you did really well with this game, I found it very enjoyable despite only being able to invest limited amounts of time.

Still, it does seem that - sadly - there isn't a player base large enough for an ASOIAF/strategy game requiring c. 10 players right now, particularly with all that's been going on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies