PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 94268 times)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

Rendell's wrapped it up. If Toomey runs, Rendell will win in a landslide. If Hart runs, what governor race.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Rendell's wrapped it up. If Toomey runs, Rendell will win in a landslide. If Hart runs, what governor race.

Are you kidding? If Toomey were to run (which he won't), he could win.
Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

You do realize that Toomey would take the Lehigh Valley (an area Rendell won in 2002) and would run strong out west, right?
He'd do awful in Pittsburgh. His extremist right-wing views are out of touch with the people I know. He could win Greene County, though.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 05:38:37 PM »

Riiiiiiiiiighhttt.....

You do realize that Toomey would take the Lehigh Valley (an area Rendell won in 2002) and would run strong out west, right?
He'd do awful in Pittsburgh. His extremist right-wing views are out of touch with the people I know. He could win Greene County, though.

any Republican would do bad in the city.
Even..............O.J. SIMPSON?!?!?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:04:14 PM »

Rendell comes off as a strong campaigner and candidate in general to me.  I really cannot see him losing re-election.  I have no clue why Huh  But I just get that feeling.

Oh he's a strong campaigner and personally, people feel very comfortable with him. That stronger campaigner will return in 2006 but now he has a record to defend. Now he will have to deal with an electorate (especially out west) that doesn't embrace him as they once did. Whether PA Dems on this forum want to admit it or not, this is not the same Rendell as the one from 2002.
Where do you live? This "west" I live in apparently hates him?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 04:42:37 PM »

Rendell is going to be very, very tough to beat. I wouldn't bet against him. But I hope he loses all the same.

It will be tough but many SE PA Dems like to look at Rendell as this absolutley unbeatable force. He is not a lock for re-election. If someone says, "I think he's going to win." Fine. I'll disagree. But don't start with this "Oh he won't have any problems."
Wow, I learn something new everyday! All of my neighbors HATE Ed Rendell! Whoa, I didn't know I lived by so many flaming Republicans! (Sarcasm)
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:50:04 PM »

Someone said this to me the other day and I think it is the best way to address the 2006 gubernatorial race in PA.

Its not a question of whether Rendell will win or not.  Its a question of how much he will win by. 
I agree.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 10:55:41 AM »

No, he's kind of liberal. He has given a lot of money to John Kerry's campaigns for the senate, but campaigned for Bush in Pennsylvania, so it's hard to tell.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 08:04:12 PM »

Is it possible that Castor runs as an independent/ third-party candidate because, as you said, the Republican leadership doesn't like him?

If so, how do you think he'd do?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 05:47:34 PM »

I hope Rendell chooses Franco Harris to be his running mate.

Rendell/Harris 2006!!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 09:43:21 PM »

Constitution Party, what a joke.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 09:47:55 PM »

It does alright in PA. Luksik in '94 and '98 and Clymer in '04.
I'm talking about their views, Phil and Jake.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 10:25:54 PM »

My question is, who the hell is supporting Piccola???
My question is, who the hell is Piccola? Wink
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 10:50:50 PM »

My question is, who the hell is supporting Piccola???
My question is, who the hell is Piccola? Wink

I believe he's the Republican Whip of the State Senate

I don't think he was serious. If he was, that's sad. If you're going to follow politics in the state (especially the Gubernatorial election), you have know the names/positions of people running.
No, I was joking. I know who he is. That's why I put a Wink after I said that. I am referring to how nobody knows who he is.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »

Putting both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia on the front page of his website is a nice touch.

Everyone does that but he doesn't have to. I honestly believe he can say "Screw the east" and win. The west is pretty angry with Edddie.

If He does that, I'm voting/will actively support Ed Rendell (as opposed to doing the same for Mike Fisher in '02).

Screw the West. Up with the Southeast.

Rendell makes us look bad. The guy goes out of his way to be more of a sports commentator than a Governor and people out west, as well as everyone else, should be mad that people in this area of the state just accept that.

Up with all of Pennsylvania.

And so we should just accept some inexperienced clown who is a Hall of Fame WR and used to be on ABC?  Come on Phil, you are a partisan hack if I ever saw one!
Well said. He attacks Casey for running on a name, but for some reason, Swann is running an intellegent, thought-provoking campaign. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 09:41:07 PM »

Putting both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia on the front page of his website is a nice touch.

Everyone does that but he doesn't have to. I honestly believe he can say "Screw the east" and win. The west is pretty angry with Edddie.

If He does that, I'm voting/will actively support Ed Rendell (as opposed to doing the same for Mike Fisher in '02).

Rendell makes us look bad. The guy goes out of his way to be more of a sports commentator than a Governor and people out west, as well as everyone else, should be mad that people in this area of the state just accept that.

And so we should just accept some inexperienced clown who is a Hall of Fame WR and used to be on ABC?  Come on Phil, you are a partisan hack if I ever saw one!
Well said. He attacks Casey for running on a name, but for some reason, Swann is running an intellegent, thought-provoking campaign. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Swann is better than what's in power now and wants the job.
Wow. He wants the job. Good for him.

I want Bill Gates's job, can I have it because I want it?

Flyers probably wants Hugh Heffner's job, can he have it because he wants it? Roll Eyes
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 09:44:07 PM »

Swann is better than what's in power now and wants the job.
Wow. He wants the job. Good for him.

I want Bill Gates's job, can I have it because I want it?

Flyers probably wants Hugh Heffner's job, can he have it because he wants it? Roll Eyes

Swann wants the job. Eddie wants to be a sports commentator. Who do we choose?

If you'd quit being such a jackass everytime we discuss something, maybe you'd see where I am going with things.
Once again, good for Swann. I can think of at least 250 people who'd like the job. Does that mean they should be governor.

And thanks for calling me a jackass, Phillip, real mature. Roll Eyes
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 09:48:38 PM »

Once again, good for Swann. I can think of at least 250 people who'd like the job. Does that mean they should be governor.

Are those 250 people running for Governor? In a matchup between two candidates, I'd like to go with someone who actually wants the job.

It is perfectly appropriate when dealing with the stupidity that you spew.
So if Jesus didn't want to be governor of Pennsylvania, but Bob Taft did, you'd vote for Bob Taft?

And once again, Phillip, I wish you'd quit throwing around childish names and be mature for once.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 09:55:07 PM »

Are those 250 people running for Governor? In a matchup between two candidates, I'd like to go with someone who actually wants the job.

It is perfectly appropriate when dealing with the stupidity that you spew.
So if Jesus didn't want to be governor of Pennsylvania, but Bob Taft did, you'd vote for Bob Taft?

And once again, Phillip, I wish you'd quit throwing around childish names and be mature for once.

I won't respond to such a stupid remark. Fact of the matter is (and people realize it) that Eddie is more concerned about a scoreboard than what's going on in Harrisburg. You'll see.

And once again, Casey, you decide to start your stupidity up, trying to get me to flip out. Get a life.
WTF?? Is that the best you can do? Attack the governor for being an Eagles fan, and then call everyone who disagrees with you stupid? Angry

And you still didn't answer my question.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 10:01:39 PM »

WTF?? Is that the best you can do? Attack the governor for being an Eagles fan, and then call everyone who disagrees with you stupid? Angry

He's more than a fan, clown. He spends hours analyzing Eagles games! You don't think the GOP will have fun with that during the campaign?

And your question about Jesus vs. Bob Taft is so ridiculous that it's not getting a response.
Swann also spent hours analyzing games. Will we use that against him?

And why wouldn't you vote for Jesus? I thought you were a Christian?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 10:05:52 PM »

He's more than a fan, clown. He spends hours analyzing Eagles games! You don't think the GOP will have fun with that during the campaign?

And your question about Jesus vs. Bob Taft is so ridiculous that it's not getting a response.

If Swann was Governor and he did that, I'd support the Dems in using that against him.

I never said I wouldn't vote for him. I'm just not commenting on such a ridiculous scenario.
Luckily for us, you won't have to worry about that.

And so you wouldn't vote for the candidate who didn't want to win more in that race?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 10:13:37 PM »

If Swann was Governor and he did that, I'd support the Dems in using that against him.

I never said I wouldn't vote for him. I'm just not commenting on such a ridiculous scenario.
Luckily for us, you won't have to worry about that.

And so you wouldn't vote for the candidate who didn't want to win more in that race?

Keep thinking that. Throw no money, at all, to Rendell. When he ends of being the Roy Barnes of PA in 2006, I'll laugh even harder at idiots like yourself.

Once again, your situation is so ridiculous that I refuse to comment. Keep asking though. I enjoy when you waste your time.

Idiots? That's not nice. If I were to call you a hack, a looser, a moron, a jackass, a partisan, or a crazy would you like it?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 04:39:56 PM »

Is anybody even taking Piccola seriously?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »

Just 1 simple question: Is this Lynn Swann a former football player; the reciever for the Stellers in the 70's?
Yes, which, as we all know, is just the right experience needed to lead one of America's largest states.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:50 PM »

Just 1 simple question: Is this Lynn Swann a former football player; the reciever for the Stellers in the 70's?
Yes, which, as we all know, is just the right experience needed to lead one of America's largest states.

Yes because we all know that if you are not an elected official you are clearly not intelligent enough and do not have the ability to run a state.
It doesn't make him less intellgent, but running as if "Chief Fitness Advisor" or whatever that bullshi.t job is called is enough to be governor does not give him the ability. Even you must admit he is just trying to fashion himself as a generic Republican.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies