Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:36:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Double-Think: Kelly-Ann Conway calls Spicer lies "alternative facts"  (Read 5805 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 21, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »

Blah blah blah.

Any news I don't like is fake news

So you're saying that a Washington reporter tweeting out that Trump removed the MLK bust from the office - which got spread all over social media - isn't fake news?

You see, when the left first blamed their loss on fake news after the election, what they were doing was projecting. It's what they do.

In case you didn't know, there's another word for fake news. One that's been used since the dawn of civilization: Propaganda.

Sounds like the brainwashed Trump cultists are now taking talking points from North Korea. Any criticism of the Dear Leader is forbidden!

How many days until Trump tries to set up his own state-run media that only runs "favorable" coverage of his travesty of a presidency? Of course, his supporters would believe anything on it and any other media is, as this dupe has said, FAKE NEWS!!

Sad!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2017, 07:59:01 PM by #BillMaher2020 »

THis is chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting at the same time.  What more can be said?  

Hillary's emails are much more chilling, maddening, and absolutely disgusting though.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »

You have to be kidding me!?!? But honestly, i don't know what's worse, this sad presentation or his speech in the CIA.

The speech to the CIA has the double whammy of "Filling the sides of the room with paid staffers to cheer" and "Giving a rant about your crowd sizes in front of a memorial to fallen CIA agents"
Well I guess we know what the Bible was talking about when it mentioned the "abomination of desolation"

Is that in Two Corinthians?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:03:26 AM »

I'm amazed that there are Trumpistas trying to contort themselves into believing what Spicer said, when Conway herself admitted that he was lying, because I for one don't see what else "alternative facts" could possibly mean in normal-person English.

Arendt says somewhere that governments that play fast and loose with the truth don't do so because they even want be believed, but to signal that this is the way reality would have to be for what they plan to do in the future to be justified. What's probably going on here is that the Trump people know that there would have to be much more widespread enthusiasm for Trump than actually exists to justify whatever he's planning to do in office, and for some reason want to signal to the world that they know it.

Perhaps that's going to be the name of the state-run media that the Dear Leader is going to begin?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies